MO MO - Alfred 'Casey' Case, 68, Kansas City, 1957

Thanks Debra. Do you know if the information posted by "Rebecca Whitworth" may be correct? Is there any confusion about his birth date or place of birth?

Interesting about the social security board. In order to get his social he would have had to prove his birth - so they should have already had that record. Was his sister Alice unable to state his existence as a child of her parents? Things were probably different then, but it's really strange to me that they wanted proof of his birth when all they had to do was look at his application. What a round robin they gave your grandma!

Did she ever have him declared dead by the courts? Or did they want proof of birth for that too? Seems like her marriage certificate should have been enough. If she did, then please try to get a copy of that death certificate.

I'll get you the numbers to call MO and Kansas for a copy of the marriage cert.

This is really interesting. I e-mailed a friend of mine who's into geneology to ask her about any kind of archives in NYC. She usually gets back to me pretty fast so I should be able to let you know about that in a day or two.

Okay, some quick facts and speculation....

When they married in 1941, he was 52, she was 23. She had been married before...don't know for sure if he was, but considering his age...highly possible. So they were together 16 years before his disappearance. Mary never met or knew many details about his family. Hmmm.......

Mary had two kids when they married, five with him, and one afterwards. She was PG with their 5th when he went missing. Debra is going to see about contacting other family that might remember more.

Mary was born in Illinois, so we could assume they met there. Starting to seem like maybe he was running from something, New York, Illinois..?, Kansas, and Missouri. Who knows if there was other states involved? Plus, (more speculation here) New York AND Irish?

Seems like he would need his truck to leave though.....but it does make it look more like something happened to him. Maybe past catching up? :confused:

Quick side note: Debra's mother hasn't talked to her brother "Mike" for around 40 years. She tried to find him but hit all dead ends. If someone could help us with that, even if we never find out what happened to her dad, something good will come of this whole thing. We think he might be younger than her mom, we will ask her tomorrow. His real name is Clifford Leon Case.

I have found a WW1 draft registration for Fred Alfred Case - he has blue eyes, brown balding hair - AND he is in Minnesota, born 1885, age 33, working as a thresher on a farm. Also he made a mark for his signature, so I'd like to know if anyone knows if Alfred could write. This could be a big lead as it lists his father's name and it's the only 'Case' I've found with both the names Fred and Alfred. No month or day is given for birth which in my opinion fits in with this man not having a birth certificate.

No idea if this is him or not, but it does have an IL connection so I'm posting it here for safe keeping.

Name: Alfred Case SSN: 333-09-4790 Last Residence: 60914 Bourbonnais, Kankakee, Illinois, United States of America Born: 8 Sep 1900 Died: Apr 1975 State (Year) SSN issued: Illinois (Before 1951 )

Beyond Belief said:
Alfred CaseAge:AgeWith12ths('30',true);30 years Estimated birth year:abt 1890Birthplace:New YorkRace:WhiteHome in 1920:Manhattan Assembly District 1, New York, New YorkSex:Male Marital status:Single Relation to Head of House:Boarder Able to read:Yes Able to Write:Yes Mother's Birth Place:Ireland Father's Birth Place:Ireland Image:654

1920 census
This laborer might be Alfred. Manhattan was an area that immigrants lived in during the early 1900's. If anyone has time you might want to look at the 1900 and 1910 census reports for his family in that area. Running a search for Case and Ireland in New York might reveal something.
Going out for the day. BB

Beyond Belief said:
This laborer might be Alfred. Manhattan was an area that immigrants lived in during the early 1900's. If anyone has time you might want to look at the 1900 and 1910 census reports for his family in that area. Running a search for Case and Ireland in New York might reveal something.
Going out for the day. BB
I agree there's a good chance it's him. As I get time I've been trying to match up Case in NY with Case immigration records. This hasn't been an easy one :)

Debra is away from home for the weekend, but I will be in touch with her, by phone, and hopefully in person. You see, she lives hours away from me now, and is coming up here!! Yeah! However she will be away from her mom, and her computer! I will keep her informed on what is going on here and we will post anything that can be answered by us.

I found out we do have a picture, but I'm not sure how to post it. I do have a scanner. Can someone please tell me how to post it, if they know.

thank you
Debra

debra188 said:
I found out we do have a picture, but I'm not sure how to post it. I do have a scanner. Can someone please tell me how to post it, if they know.

thank you
Debra
Debra - one was to do this is to go to Photo Bucket - http://photobucket.com and open a free account. You can then upload the picture there and give us the link to view it. Or you can upload the picture there and then post here using the picture icon above (yellow with what looks like a mountain on it - when your mouse is on it, it says "Insert Image"). You will need to copy the http location from Photo Bucket (they put those below the pictures).

Hope that helps!

Sorry guys, we have had a little set back.

A few weeks ago Debra's computer was hit with a power surge. We finally got her set up with a computer this last weekend, now we have to wait for the new DSL modem from the service provider.

It sure has been frustrating for us because that is how we keep in touch. Hopefully we will be back in business by next week. Sorry for the delay.

Alot has happened since we last posted about this, unfortunately not about this case. Debra's house caught fire and they lost most everything. They have just recently been able to get another computer, I will try to see if I can get her back on here. I left my husband and changed states since then as well so I havent even been around period. So hopefully I will be around more as well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nahnah_2015
Back