MO MO - Amanda Jones, 26, pregnant, Hillsboro, 14 Aug 2005

It’s been 14 years since Amanda Jones went missing
She was last seen at the Civic Center in Hillsboro, Missouri.

August 14, 2019

"JEFFERSON CO., Mo. - It’s been 14 years since Amanda Jones went missing from a small Jefferson County town.

She was last seen at the Civic Center in Hillsboro, Missouri. Family members said she was going to meet with Bryan Westfall to talk about her pregnancy. Westfall is believed to be the father. Jones’ family said Westfall denied the baby was his. He had a long-term girlfriend and a family with Jones wasn’t in the plans.

Jones’ car was found abandoned in the Civic Center parking lot. Her case was never solved.

5 On Your Side talked to Jones’ family in May.

'It's never time to let go': Amanda Jones' family still seeking closure for 13-year missing person case"

It’s been 14 years since Amanda Jones went missing

Have I aired ur podcast yet?
Our podcast is up and running on iTunes and Google Play Music. We have not yet covered Amanda's case but are currently covering the disappearance of Dana Bruce. While we gather as much information as we can on Amanda and try to find new information, we are covering a few other cases. The podcast is called Missing in Missouri. Thanks for asking!! ☺️ As always, if anyone has any information regarding Amanda, any new information, or would like to share a story about her or any leads, you can reach me on here and at missinginmissouri@gmail.com.

Reward:
The FBI is offering a reward of up to $20,000 for information leading to the location of Amanda Kay Jones and her (unborn) child, and/or for information leading to the identity of the person(s) involved with their disappearance.

Remarks:
Amanda Kay Jones was last seen wearing a pink sleeveless top (third photo from the left), a pink and white flowered skirt, and pink sandals. She was carrying a pink purse (pictured above). Amanda wears eyeglasses, but was wearing contact lenses at the time of her disappearance. Amanda also has a medical condition.

Details:
Amanda Kay Jones was 8 1/2 months pregnant when she disappeared. The alleged father of her unborn child is reportedly the last known person to see her. The two met at the Hillsboro Civic Center on August 14, 2005, at 1:00 p.m. During the meeting, Amanda answered a call on her cell phone at approximately 1:15p.m. After the meeting, no one else is known to have seen or heard from Amanda. Later that night, Amanda's blue 1997 Pontiac Sunfire was found unlocked and abandoned in the Civic Center parking lot. Her purse, car keys, wallet, and cell phone have not been found.

AMANDA KAY JONES — FBI

@@screenshot.gif

Bumping for Amanda and Hayden.
I hope that you are found and justice is soon.

this was one of so many tragic cases i started following when i joined websleuths. i still am haunted by those disappearances that suprise you when you remember it's been soo long and nothing has happened to solve them.

this was one of so many tragic cases i started following when i joined websleuths. i still am haunted by those disappearances that suprise you when you remember it's been soo long and nothing has happened to solve them.

MistyM,

So sad, isn't it? It's been way too long for Westfall to walk around breathing the air that Amanda & Hayden should be breathing. You are right, very tragic case.

Bumping, FB post on the Help Find Amanda Jones page

"Need help!!!!
Who do you turn to when you feel the local sheriff office is and has not done the correct thing.
Give me some ideas, I have contacted a couple of places in the government, which all say they have no authority over this problem."

"Amanda’s mother has contacted the detective in charge of the case 4 times by email in the past few months. Guess what she received in return? Nothing!
Maybe the department’s computers are down, the phones don’t work?
People of Jefferson County, they work for you! Make your voices heard!"

It's been a long time, hopefully someone can pull something together and get some answers for these folks. I don't know any details of what's being asked, or why there isn't a response, but I thought a post here might turn up some resources for the family, who definitely feel as though they are being ignored. Perhaps someone with experience in coldcase missing persons has some ideas?

Hello, I am from the Jefferson County area and am currently researching further into Amanda's disappearance. It has been one of those cases that induces thoughts and questions on a daily basis. I have decided that my intense interest in true crime and seeking justice for Amanda and her family could be made into something constructive. I am unsure as to how long it will take me to put together a piece but my intention is to bring this story to a podcast, sharing her story more in depth, asking questions and starting conversations. If you have any information you could share with me on this I would be greatly appreciative.

Thank You!

-T

Is there a legal requirement in MO that a body must be found before someone can be charged with murder?
this is an excellent question that I am actually going to look into. Also I want to know what her case is and or was classified as. I believe they have to have remains to consider it homicide or potential homicide, but I also thought this was a federal law. checking now.

I would contact the FBI about that. It may be a federal civil rights violation, which would be a felony on the part of the Sheriff.
I agree! Freedom of information act requires to at least let us know the status of the case. This is all so bogus honestly. If we could just get more coverage on this, the department would be bombarded and have to do something. Do we know of any connections between the police and the family of the suspect from past or present? Any reason anyone could be owed a favor or possibly paid off and promised a re election? I dunno, this is what my mind does all day over this.

Just a thought: The Westfall properties have rocky areas and caves. IIRC, Bryan stated to LE he was doing volunteer work at the Hillsboro Civic Center for a horse show. Bryan was Jefferson County
Director for the Missouri Cattlemen's Association - Did Bryan own a horse trailer? Or have access to a horse trailer? A horse trailer would be the perfect way to transport someone unconscious to any of the properties and dispose of a body (by dragging to the edge of the rocks and knocking the person into a deep cravasse or cave). I wonder if LE ever checked any of his horse trailers for evidence, or search any caves? Also, I have been searching and not finding much info on Bryan's girlfriend Stephanie A. Votrain.

This is the first time I've found someone aside from myself with the horse trailer theory!!!!!! I was thinking of checking to see if anything is anything on file for the trailers registered with the owners for the current show. Also checking into other registrants. Our area is also full of mines and deep quarries I have been checking out on aerial maps.

Hello I am currently doing the same and Live in the Area. Any information swap would be amazing 636 542 0692

I have no knowledge of this case but on facebook today someone posted that a message was found in a bathroom stall in the Waffle House, Conroe Texas. Message signed Amanda Jones and asking for help. LE and FBI have been informed.
Do you have any idea if this was ever actually looked into???

The brother and Bryan both had pilots licenses. It was said the day Amanda went missing that Robert landed the plane at the farm.
Do you suppose the local airport would still have on file the flight records from that day??? A path would be incredibly helpful in what would’ve been an easy way to destroy evidence. Clearance had to have been given to Robert that day.

Video at link - New Amanda Jones billboard seeks clues in the 16-year-old disappearance case – FOX 2

New Amanda Jones billboard seeks clues in the 16-year-old disappearance case
Posted: Jan 19, 2021 / 10:31 PM CST / Updated: Jan 19, 2021 / 10:31 PM CST
Propst said she was surprised today to hear about a new electronic billboard reminding people about her daughter’s cold case. It appears near the St. Louis skyline – “FBI Reward: Up to $20,000.” You will see it when driving both directions on the Poplar Street Bridge.

I have no knowledge of this case but on facebook today someone posted that a message was found in a bathroom stall in the Waffle House, Conroe Texas. Message signed Amanda Jones and asking for help. LE and FBI have been informed.
Did anything ever come of this?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592