MO MO - Amanda Jones, 26, pregnant, Hillsboro, 14 Aug 2005

Just wondering if anyone knows if Westfall still has the same girlfriend that he had when Amanda went missing?

They are talking about Amanda on the news right now.

All of Amanda's belongings and those she had for the unborn baby are being put up for sale. Including her home.

Investigators are inching closer.

Her father was on saying that "your days of being free are numbered".

18 pieces of items seized from Westfall's property and Amanda's car have been tested for DNA.

Sounds as if LE is getting closer.

Prayer service this sunday at 3pm at the Hillsboro Civic Center.

Next Sunday, Mother's Day, will mark 9 months since Amanda disappeared :(

How awful. Her parents must be absolutely heart broken. I can't imagine how they must feel about selling everything. They really deserve some answers. I'd love to believe she is living happily with her little baby, but it's been so long. The person who harmed her is a complete coward. He'll get his. They all do. If justice can't be served here on it Earth, it will come after he's gone and God's punishment is much worse.

dulcinea said:
He'll get his. They all do. If justice can't be served here on it Earth, it will come after he's gone and God's punishment is much worse.
Amen to that. Prayers for her family.

I can't believe they don't have the dna results back by now. I hope we haven't heard anything because they didn't find anything.

Darn!

I hate it when this happens. Nine months pregnant too. :(

It's so transparent what happened. Proving it is the hard part, I guess.

Her poor parents.

fran

The missing people are the hardest part of being involved.You see the pain on the family. You feel the unrelenting abyss of how slowly these cases move forward.No easy answers even if there is a poi on the horizen.

We have to keep trying though. Every person deserves respect even if they never see the earth again. Every person needs to know that their presence was noted. We owe that as human beings to one another.

I think of Amanda and her little baby boy a lot. I don't have any doubt what happened to Amanda. The sperm donar was the last person to see her and I will always believe that he murdered her and the baby. Didn't the creep understand that she didn't want anything from him? He didn't have to kill them to keep them out of his life or to avoid making child support payments. I just hope and pray that he doesn't get away with this.

I also wonder if he is still with the girlfriend he had back then. If not, I wish LE could put the squeeze on her until she tells what she knows because she knows something. She lawyered up right away for some reason. I always thought that was strange. Why would she need an attorney?

DNA doesn't take this long does it for pity sake? I think Amanda is buried somewhere on either the sperm donor's property or the property of his parents. I wonder if LE was ever able to take cadaver dogs and search the properties.

That must have been heartbreaking for Amanda's parents to sell her belongings and home. Talk about tearing your heart right out of your body.
I hope the little girl is doing well with her daddy. I hope he is a good man.

Prayer service this sunday at 3pm at the Hillsboro Civic Center.

Where in Hillsboro is the Civic Center ??

Thanks

Vigil Held To Remember Missing Jefferson County Woman; Reward Remains At $100,000

5/8/2006

(KSDK) - She was last seen in August at the Civic Center in Hillsboro. On Sunday, family and friends of Amanda Jones gathered to remember her at the spot where she disappeared.

The vigil for Amanda Jones included prayers, songs and purple balloons with Amanda's name and the phone number of the police department on them. Friends, family members and even police officers admit the case looks grim.

Investigators say the leads have dried up. Lab tests on hair fiber and other trace evidence have come back. But police say they need information from someone who may have seen something to put it all together.

Amanda's mother, Bertha Propst, says, "It's just they need that one piece, that one piece to close it and there's somebody out there that knows that."

Nine months pregnant, Amanda Jones disappeared last August. The family worried. Friends searched. The police investigated. But so far they have no answers.

At a meeting last week, police promised the family the investigation will continue. They say they actively work on it each day.

Meanwhile, dozens of friends and family members showed up to a vigil. They prayed, sang, and released balloons. Still, nine months have passed. And for friends and family it becomes harder to keep hope for Amanda alive.

Her sister, Carrie Propst, says, "I still want some closure to it. I want to know where she is and what happened."

Her mother says deep down she has a feeling about what's happened. Still she wants to know for sure. Bertha Propst says, "I think she's gone. But I need to know that. I need to know. Without knowing, it's worse than death to me." ...

Video on website:
http://www.ksdk.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=96426

Everything is back from the lab but they didn't say whether they found anything out from it or not. If that guy has never been in trouble before then they may not be able to match the evidence to him. I guess hair wouldn't do much good because he could just say that he sat in her car.

I'm glad that LE have promised Amanda's family that they will keep working the case. But how do you keep working a case if there are no leads. I know it was that sperm donar and he knows he is as guilty as sin. What about that girlfriend of his. I'd love to know if they are still together or not. She wasn't even with him when he met with Amanda so why did she need an attorney unless she knew what happened.

I don't think there will ever be an answer unless they take dogs and search those properties. I'll bet that sperm donar thinks he is really smart and has gotten away with murder x 2.

I've followed this from the beginning and it is very frustrating. I wish they could turn the girlfriend of the sperm donor - IMO she must know something - why else would she have an attorney. I would think since he is the last to see her - and if there is DNA evidence - wouldn't that be enough pc to get a court order for his DNA?

cbcrime said:
I've followed this from the beginning and it is very frustrating. I wish they could turn the girlfriend of the sperm donor - IMO she must know something - why else would she have an attorney. I would think since he is the last to see her - and if there is DNA evidence - wouldn't that be enough pc to get a court order for his DNA?

I've followed this case from the beginning too and it is just so obvious as to what happened to Amanda and the baby. I believe that the whole idea of luring Amanda to that Civic place was to end her and the baby's lives. I wonder if the girlfriend was really leaning on this wussy or if he just wasn't about to pay child support for a baby that he didn't claim in the first place. Didn't this guy ever hear the phrase "you play...you pay?" Maybe he should have been adult enough to wear a condom or better yet...kept his pants up. I don't think that Amanda expected anything from him but he must have thought that she would after the baby was born.

I wonder if LE has ever taken DNA from him? Anything found in her car could easily be explained away though such as hair...fingerprints. I think he probably took her somewhere and strangled her and got rid of her body on his or his parent's property somewhere. I wonder if they went in her car and then he drove it back and parked it there or if she went with him in his car and they possibly met up with his girlfriend. I just wish they would find some answers and arrest that creep.

I think of Amanda's poor parents just sitting at home waiting for answers as to what happened to their daughter and then there is also her little girl. Not knowing has to be hell. I remember hearing Amanda's dad on TV and it just broke my heart. I just wanted to hug him. So darn sad.

RKnowley said:
bumping for Amanda and baby...any new news yet??

Only one or possibly two people know were Amanda and the baby are and they aren't talking. They are probably gloating because they haven't been caught. I don't know why that farm area hasn't been searched by cadaver dogs. The cops have to know that the sperm donar is the guilty party and probably his girlfriend too. I wish some big guy would get ahold of the sperm donar and beat him until he confesses. I wish we knew if LE has any evidence at all. Probably not or they would have arrested someone by now.

This is just so sad. A tiny baby about ready to be born....a bedroom ready for him put together with love and tenderness by his mama and then nothing.
I just feel so bad for Amanda's family. They don't have any more answers then they did the day she went missing. I don't know how they hold it together. My prayers are with them everyday.

Amanda's mother appeared on Fox 2 news, a local St. Louis channel, this morning. She spoke about the upcoming 1 year anniversary that Amanda and her baby have been missing. It was heartbreaking! They had asked her what she thought happened to Amanda, and she believes that Brian and his girlfriend Stephanie has done something with her. Also she stated that both were asked to take a lie detector test and both have refused. She also concluded that she believes Amanda is dead but remains still hopes that she would be found alive, and she gets though day by day with the help of God, but she is so stressed she is still unable to go back to work.

Why cant investigators crack this after almost a year?? Do the Westfalls have that much money that they can buy the law enforements side?? It just seems like there is so much more that LE could have done or be doing, when so many people believe that the same two people are guilty.

This case so totally breaks my heart. Prayers for Amanda, her baby and her family.

There was no one else with a motive or the opportunity to murder Amanda and the baby. Of course that sperm donar and his girlfriend aren't going to take a polygraph. I still want to know if LE got a warrent to take cadaver dogs over the land that sperm donar and his parents own.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scooby-Doo
Back