MO MO - Bethany Deaton, 27, Jackson County, 30 Oct 2012

The defense attorney could be right. I'm suspicious of confessions from the mentally ill at the best of times, and the influence this woman's husband had over his followers makes me more so, how do we know he didn't kill his own wife and brainwash this other guy into a confession?

I'd take a good look at this Tyler (Bethany's husband) ; if I were LE.
Sounds like he may have "ordered" Micah to confess.
My opinion !

http://www.kvue.com/story/news/crim...to-murder-after-undergoing-exorcism/18168311/

A man claims he was under a sort of exorcism when he confessed to killing a fellow member of a religious group in Kansas City, Missouri, whose death was originally ruled a suicide...

Now Moore claims he only confessed to killing Deaton because he was under the influence of what some have called an exorcism. Moore, who is scheduled for trial next month, has pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder.

"They were the statements of a distraught and confused young man," his attorney, Melanie Morgan, said.

http://fox4kc.com/2014/10/31/citing...tor-dismisses-charges-in-twisted-murder-case/

Jackson County prosecutors announced Friday that they are dropping all charges against Micah Moore, 25, once accused in the bizarre murder case of Bethany Ann Deaton, 27, who was found dead in the backseat of a van on Oct. 30, 2012, at Longview Lake.

“My office concluded that we could not ethically continue to pursue the case given the current evidence against Micah Moore,” Prosecutor Jean Peters Baker stated...

In the statement released Friday, prosecutors said they dropped the charges because the evidence is considered unreliable.

I saw this the other night and while I am not sure the "husband" had something to do with her death,he does have some type of personality disorder.

I do feel sad for Bethany falling in love with a gay cultist,she must have been very depressed,RIP Bethany.

How on earth can they drop the charges against Micah when they had a confession, a mountain of testimony, and the fact that he knew unreleased details about how she died? I understand not wanting to prosecute someone that may also have been a victim, but he turned himself in - sounds like 3rd degree murder at least. I feel so sorry for the family and detectives. Here is an interesting report covering the complications in this and similar cases in KC...

http://www.kansas.com/news/article1127359.html

Tyler Deaton now goes by the name of Tyler Sterling and is a counselor for LGBQ in Dallas
This is why it seems like a bad idea for schools and other community groups to offer counseling services to young people who are confused about their sexual identity. Anyone wanting to be a counselor needs a thorough background check and training and certification with close supervision.

This is why it seems like a bad idea for schools and other community groups to offer counseling services to young people who are confused about their sexual identity. Anyone wanting to be a counselor needs a thorough background check and training and certification with close supervision.

Does he have a degree in counseling or did he get one?

How on earth can they drop the charges against Micah when they had a confession, a mountain of testimony, and the fact that he knew unreleased details about how she died? I understand not wanting to prosecute someone that may also have been a victim, but he turned himself in - sounds like 3rd degree murder at least. I feel so sorry for the family and detectives. Here is an interesting report covering the complications in this and similar cases in KC...

http://www.kansas.com/news/article1127359.html

I know this thread is old but there was overwhelming evidence that Bethany killed herself.

Rolling Stone did an updated article.

Very interesting read about how much control TD had over his religious group.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UCG
Back