GUILTY MO - Breeann Rodriguez, 3, Senath, 6 August 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do completely agree with calling 911 asap, but I have to imagine there was some measure of disbelief. The "this cant be happening" effect, I guess you could call it. Perhaps they thought that she must be around somewhere, and there was no reason to panic right away. I would be scared out of my mind after 20 seconds of not knowing where my child was...but it's so hard to say what one would do in that situation.

It happened to me at Sea World. They have this giant climbing deal with multiple levels of rope ladders, etc. There were two exits, and they weren't clearly marked. I watched my son climb up. Then I lost track of him. I ran to an exit and waited, and he never came out. I ran around trying to figure out where he was. Then my wife returned from the bathroom, and I had to tell her that I hadn't seen him. A park employee brought him to us a few minutes later. He had finished climbing and tried to get on a ride. That was about four years ago. he was 4. A few months ago, another family had the exact same thing happen to their child. The only difference is that someone molested their child.

But there's no way to predict what someone would do in a stressful situation like that. I imagine part of the reason she didn't call 911 was that she was talking to her husband on the phone. She probably called him thinking that her daughter could have gone with him to the auction.

I am sure they talked to the 5-year-old, but I don't think there's any reason to think the 5-year-old could provide much information. He was inside when his sister disappeared, and I'm very confident that the family had nothing to do with what happened. If that were the case, I would expect there two be two missing children.

bbm

Unless the 5 yr old recalled seeing a white van with a man offering candy earlier in the day or a few days ago...ya never know how long this abduction could have been in the works.

While some Perp's scout out their next victim...some just come upon them by chance. So, it's possible that there might be some recall from the 5 yr old that is leading LE to be leaning in the direction that someone is trying to mislead LE or that someone may have seen something.

Also, I wonder if the reason Breeann's Mom suspects someone knows something but, doesn't want to say is because they are afraid to get involved because maybe they are "illegally" in this country undocumented.

Another night for Breeann to be away from her Mommy & Daddy...way too long for any 3 yr old but, for one who's obviously been traumatized has got to be just devastating for all concerned...my heart goes out to this family and sweet Breeann!

I think the 5 yr old might have important information. His mom looked out the kitchen window and saw Breeann just 5 minutes before she went missing. If a professional interviewed him he might remember who talked to them, or if anyone drove by and stopped to talk to them earlier. Maybe they rode past one of the neighbors homes and someone came out and watched them or something.

I think in this case the family probably just thought she was playing with someone else.
However, some people might have the weirdest reasons you might never think of for not calling LE. Even if they are panicking. :seeya:

When my daughter vanished while I peed... literally, like 2 minutes at the most. She was 3 years old.
We live on a large piece of property but only an acre is accessible to the kids. On the acre we have multiple hazards.

I start with the most dangerous, the road, the ditches, the horses. Then cars, trailers, the garage... then start over again in case she is moving.

I called my entire family while doing so and several times ALMOST called the cops.

Why didn't I call them immediately? It wasn't because I thought nothing bad could happen. It was because I knew it could.

I kept having this image of the cop FLYING down the street like they ALWAYS do and running over my child when she ran out from wherever she was hiding to see the cop car. Or running over another child on their way. I KNEW it would happen. :sick:

Seriously, that's why I didn't call them immediately. I honestly, didn't trust them.

I let the Beagle out after 20 minutes and she led me right to her, between two trees between the ditch and the road.
Had I called the cops, they would have pulled in, screeching RIGHT there.
Odds of them seeing her in time to not hit her, would have been about zero. :banghead:

If she went missing again tomorrow... at 7 years old? Or we had a home invasion or other emergency?
Our LE scares me to death, I would still seriously hesitate to call. That REALLY bothers me. :maddening:

Well, I would have called in five minutes, and that's why I found it unusual to wait so long. Other than finding it unusual, it doesn't really strike me as suspicious.

I wasn't there and don't know the neighborhood nor the circumstances. So I can only speculate and think about how I would have responded. I tend to overreact, and I'd have no problem looking stupid if the police showed up to find out that I found my daughter on the toilet.

I live in a community where children go missing all the time. One of them was a 3-year-old girl named Caylee. I also live in a community where neighbors don't socialize much. So I would expect to see my daughter on the street or in our yard. It would only take me mere minutes to determine that she wasn't in either of those places. Then I would have called 911. Then I would have checked with neighbors.

IMO the missing bicycle gave the perp extra time to get away: bike and no child, I would go ballistic, calling 911 immediately. Seeing neither, I would start looking down the street and checking with neighbors. In the confusion of the moment the perp gains a valuable head start on searchers.

Might the police have found something such as a child's bracelet, necklace or ring?

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet but after reading last night's article again, I wondered about the other 3 children. In an earlier interview, the reporter mentions the couple has 3 other children. Where were they when Breeann disappeared?

This case is constantly on my mind. My continued prayers for a miracle.

Morning all,

A quick look at google news shows me nothing new developed overnight? :(

About calling 911 - i too am a bit tired of the "why wait so long" etc... (though saying that, i do understand why some feel that way). Every situation is different; some worry more than others, every child acts differently, every place of disappearance is different, etc. All of this would factor into how a parent would act in the circumstances. And remember, we are talking minutes here, after all, not days, or even hours. I can completely see myself acting the same way as Bree's mom. After all, with the bike gone too, her first assumption is probably that little B rode off too far, and so went to look. Then naturally she moves to the next possibility, which would be into a friends house, since one neighbor said the kids all played together. Etc, etc, until she calls 911 because all the most likely places Bree might be turn up empty. :(

Regarding the evidence found: Karnes stated that they might be able to get DNA from what was found. What are the possibilities (and I so hate to type some of these out): something with blood or semen? Hair? Cigarette butts or a drink bottle/can (saliva)?

I hope we have answers soon. I hate the thought of Breeann's parents out there in the fields another day searching for their princess. :cry:

FBI Press Release

sl081011_3.jpg

http://www.fbi.gov/stlouis/press-releases/2011/update-on-endangered-missing-preschooler

They won't say what the potential evidence is.

Morning Everyone

:praying: Breeann Is found safe and unharmed today!!!

Morning all,

A quick look at google news shows me nothing new developed overnight? :(

About calling 911 - i too am a bit tired of the "why wait so long" etc... (though saying that, i do understand why some feel that way). Every situation is different; some worry more than others, every child acts differently, every place of disappearance is different, etc. All of this would factor into how a parent would act in the circumstances. And remember, we are talking minutes here, after all, not days, or even hours. I can completely see myself acting the same way as Bree's mom. After all, with the bike gone too, her first assumption is probably that little B rode off too far, and so went to look. Then naturally she moves to the next possibility, which would be into a friends house, since one neighbor said the kids all played together. Etc, etc, until she calls 911 because all the most likely places Bree might be turn up empty. :(

Regarding the evidence found: Karnes stated that they might be able to get DNA from what was found. What are the possibilities (and I so hate to type some of these out): something with blood or semen? Hair? Cigarette butts or a drink bottle/can (saliva)?

I hope we have answers soon. I hate the thought of Breeann's parents out there in the fields another day searching for their princess. :cry:

My initial thought was a blanket. Or items that may have been inside the van? Why would the perp leave his DNA though? Why taunt LE? I'm scratching my head on that theory. Could he be a serial child molester/killer and wants to be caught or playing catch me if you can with the FBI?

"It's still as fresh as it was on day one," Karnes said. "We haven't changed anything we're doing. We're searching...going back over places and searching again. Keep on keeping on. Never give up. We've got to keep going. We can't give up."

I like his attitude..

"I didn't leave the house until about 10 [a.m.], to go to that auction," Rodriguez said. "Breeann was still asleep when I left. It had to be after 10 at least. [Ramos] is saying it was closer to 11. She had to get up, brush her teeth, get dressed, and eat cereal before she went outside. It was about 11 o'clock when she went outside and about 11:30 when she went missing. We spend about 30 minutes or 45 minutes looking for her before we called 911.
http://www.dddnews.com/story/1752168.html

Wait.... Did the mom say before at 12 (noon) she was calling them into eat....

But if she got up at 10-11 and ate breakfast, why would she be eating lunch at 12 noon?
(where is that other article...? be right back)

ETA: Ok Can't find the article at this point... I must of.....:waitasec:

I haven't seen a timeline yet.

Key points would seem to be:

When the father left for the auction (a bit before or at 10 am I think)
Kids go out to ride bikes (after 10, according to dad)
What time the older child came in/Breeann was noticed missing (unknown)
What time report was called in
When the FBI became involved
First/only POI identified, questioned, ruled out (Sat or Sun, I believe)

What others do we need to check on?

I like his attitude..

http://www.dddnews.com/story/1752168.html

Wait.... Did the mom say before at 12 (noon) she was calling them into eat....

But if she got up at 10-11 and ate breakfast, why would she be eating lunch at 12 noon?
(where is that other article...? be right back)

My kids will eat a bowl of cereal and be ready for lunch in an hour. That occurs regularly at our home.

The silence is deafening. I'm not finding anything new online this morning.

Odor detected does not sound good.

I hope they find her today and I hope she cries when she sees her parents.

If the items found were shoes, ribbons, hair or even training wheels, wouldn't LE show these to the parents to see if the items match or are relevant? The parents were not told what the items of interest are and these items are "negative" and could hold DNA. I'm gonna guess that the items aren't these. However, I thought LE had found a training wheel somewhere?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member