GUILTY MO - Burned body of newborn found in Pertle Springs cave, 29 Jan 2014

The university police where I live are more like mall cops with the ability to write tickets and make arrests but they don't carry guns or have the resources or the experience to investigate a homicide.

I'm still very confused by the university police in this case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I searched the university here and I'm not seeing guns allowed. They are still agruing if guns should be allowed on campus, scary. When something dangerous happens, local police are there on campus. I could be wrong but I'm not seeing where University officers carry guns, I do see local police in dangerous situations with guns on campus. I could be wrong? Right, mall cop.

jmo

There seems to have been some confusion regarding me asking about needing to get verified.
I was asking if I needed to get verified by the owners of this web sight.
Sometimes when a member is posting from a personal standpoint the owners want to make sure you are who you say you are.
It had absolutely nothing to do with the police department. I have no info for the police.

There seems to have been some confusion regarding me asking about needing to get verified.

I was asking if I needed to get verified by the owners of this web sight.

Sometimes when a member is posting from a personal standpoint the owners want to make sure you are who you say you are.

It had absolutely nothing to do with the police department. I have no info for the police.

I'm not a mod. But I think you're fine without being verified based on the fact your posts are still here:)

http://digitalburg.com/?p=15376

A grand jury recently indicted the two local residents who were charged with abandoning an infant’s body at Pertle Springs. The indictment adds a murder charge against the baby’s mother.

Latasha M. Wilson was originally charged with abandonment of a corpse. However, following the results of an autopsy that revealed the baby was “born alive, and in fact, took a breath(s),” Wilson was indicted for second-degree murder, a class A felony; first-degree endangering the welfare of a child, a class C felony; and abandonment of a corpse, a class D felony, according to a news release from Johnson County Prosecutor Lynn Stoppy.

Zackary R. Carter was indicted for tampering with physical evidence, a class D felony, according to court records.

That's so strange. I've never heard of such a thing.

It's not uncommon, really. Many universities have their own police departments. These departments usually handle anything that happens on university property and only call in the local LE if they need help.

Cal Poly police investigated the Kristan Smart disappearance initially, although they did ask City LE to help after the initial investigation.

Salem

PS - I should clarify that this is in CA. Not sure how MO handles things.

Some really horrifying details in this article.

http://fox4kc.com/2014/05/30/two-charged-in-regards-to-baby-found-in-warrensburg-mo-cave-2/

Police say Latasha Wilson gave birth to a baby boy on or about January 29, in the bathroom where she worked. Neighbors told FOX 4′s Megan Brilley that Wilson was working at Warrensburg’s Walmart.

According to the medical examiner, the baby was born alive in the toilet. Prosecutors say Wilson waited too long to remove him from the water and did not seek medical attention for him...

The baby was approximately 18 1/2 inches long when he was born. Police say after about three hours, she wrapped the baby in paper towels and carried him out to her work locker, where she stored his body. Then she took him to Pertle Springs Recreation Park and left the body in a cave found on March 4.

May 2015:

A woman accused of second-degree murder after her baby’s body was found in a cave in northwest Missouri is back in jail after she didn’t attend a pretrial hearing.

Twenty-year-old Latasha Wilson was arrested Monday after she did not show up for a court hearing. She is scheduled for trial June 4.

http://fox2now.com/2015/05/06/missouri-woman-accused-of-killing-newborn-leaving-body-in-cave/
September 2015:

Circuit Judge Michael Wagner approved a change of venue for the trial of a woman accused of second-degree murder, first-degree child endangerment and abandonment of a corpse in connection with the death of her baby last year.

http://m.dailystarjournal.com/mobile/article_1ec97444-8edb-51f5-aa89-99fc9cc546ff.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven
Back