MO MO - Christina Whittaker, 21, Hannibal, 13 Nov 2009

I watched the Relentless series yesterday. Finding out that she was a CI in my opinion only is what got her disappeared and I don't think she's alive. Finding out that information from the series as well as her relationships with police officers as well as the corruption that was uncovered speaks to what a dangerous situation she was in.
If everything released in the series is the truth of course. JMHO

I just came across the Relentless series and started learning about this. There are a bunch of moving parts in this case.

When any agency has an opportunity for this kind of exposure on a decade old case and don’t want the attention, it’s automatically suspicious. That usually comes from the top too.

My girlfriend and I just watched about 4 of the serious. Perhaps I shouldn't comment, having not finished it, but the series feels so disingenuous. The show reveals the mother lying about her daughter's past, so the filmmaker begins to make the whole series about herself. Like the part about the dig. She finds what are obviously animal remains, the S&R lady texts them to her anthropologist friend and we hear nothing more about it. It just felt a lot of smoke and mirrors that detract from the truth. She complains about dishonesty and bad leads, but does the same thing by entertaining every scenario, no matter how outlandish. If any truth were in her tangled web of bad actors, we'd never know now. It makes for a good documentary, but she clearly leaves a lot out to pull the viewer in, at the expense of seeming boring or adding relevance to the missing girl's actual disappearance.

Yes, I believe in corruption. Yes, the truth is often stranger than fiction. But perhaps this case is simply one of lack of evidence and the police don't have enough to entertain much discussion. Either way, this series wasn't the best way to attract attention IMO.

This is the story of a missing woman from Hannibal, Missouri. We discuss how the inconsistent reports from the night she went missing impacted her case and her family. While no sighting have been confirmed, many still believe that she is still living in the area captivated by human trafficking.

I believe that the mother knows a lot more than she is saying because she does not want to look bad in the eyes of the world. I believe that Christina was a Confidential Informant and was turning on those in her own city. I believe that Bookie knows more than he is saying as well since he decided to pretend like he didn't know her even though a friend put them together that night. I believe she was turning in information on him and he found out and that is when he took her and killed her. I believe in his cousin Anthony's story more than anyone else that has given any information about this case. We all know she was on drugs and drinking and we all now know she was turning against her own people in that town to get off her ticket.

i cannot finish watching this show. the incompetency of Fontana is insufferable. may have done more harm than good. hopefully someone who is competent and cares can start from scratch one day and find out what happened but I doubt it

My girlfriend and I just watched about 4 of the serious. Perhaps I shouldn't comment, having not finished it, but the series feels so disingenuous. The show reveals the mother lying about her daughter's past, so the filmmaker begins to make the whole series about herself. Like the part about the dig. She finds what are obviously animal remains, the S&R lady texts them to her anthropologist friend and we hear nothing more about it. It just felt a lot of smoke and mirrors that detract from the truth. She complains about dishonesty and bad leads, but does the same thing by entertaining every scenario, no matter how outlandish. If any truth were in her tangled web of bad actors, we'd never know now. It makes for a good documentary, but she clearly leaves a lot out to pull the viewer in, at the expense of seeming boring or adding relevance to the missing girl's actual disappearance.

Yes, I believe in corruption. Yes, the truth is often stranger than fiction. But perhaps this case is simply one of lack of evidence and the police don't have enough to entertain much discussion. Either way, this series wasn't the best way to attract attention IMO.
I say all of the following respectfully and in my own personal opinion:

I don't understand this opinion, I suppose. Fontana doesn't make it about herself - she makes it about CHRISTINA instead of the Christina's mom show that has been going on for years. They were following many different leads, as many as she could find, and it didn't all wrap up like a CSI episode because this case is extremely complex. I think the CI combined with the cop relationships combined with hanging around this Bookie character alllll have to do with what happened to her, and Fontana brought those things to the forefront. We would've never known about the CI thing or the dr*g issues without Fontana bringing them to light. She entertains every scenario because she has no idea what happened to this girl, and you truly never know, truth can be much stranger than fiction as you say. The police definitely have a big fat case file on Christina, they just don't want to share what they know imo. The FBI agents Fontana was working with had really good things to say.

If nothing else - if I am totally wrong in my opinion here - at least they got her case into the spotlight.
i cannot finish watching this show. the incompetency of Fontana is insufferable. may have done more harm than good. hopefully someone who is competent and cares can start from scratch one day and find out what happened but I doubt it
at least Fontana cares and isn't solely convinced christina's in Peoria (which i feel like is some sort of either denial or straight lie at this point) - the PD doesn't even want to talk about Christina, and her parents lie about aspects of her life as well as their family life (all the dr*gs and violence in the family, they tried to sweep under the rug. fontana found all of that out. again, we wouldn't have known basically anything about this case without fontana looking into it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back