GUILTY MO - Christopher Marks, 12, St Louis County, 5 Aug 2012

I couldn't disagree more. No alcohol for minors....period. Not at home, not at a friends, not in the garage, not at the river, no where...no time. End of story.

Yes, I totally agree! I would never allow my children to drink.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

In above article at huff post:

so "it wasnt much" according to a 15-yr old and she supposedly knows this how? And this is supposed to appease us? and she knows intoxicated ppl vs not intoxicated ppl? OMG seriously

And who would tell someone this??? I would tell police, but certainly not the media!

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

RIP Christopher, this is such a tragedy.

The Meramec is a very deceptive and dangerous river. It has sudden drop-offs in depth and is full of dangerous swift undercurrents, whirlpools, etc. Its full of underwater springs and caves that make the current very tricky. You don't realize you're in trouble until its too late to get out.

I think it was last year that 5 boys drowned on a church outing, just a few miles from that spot. Two boys were wading and got into trouble. Other kids and adults went in to get them and three of them drowned as well.

So sad another young boy is lost. If you're ever visiting that river, don't swim in it.

Drinking under the supervision of an adult. Too bad no one bothered to supervise the swimming. Had he been under any sort of true 'supervision' he wouldn't have gone missing and drowned. What a tragedy.

I find it suspicious his step dad found him at basically the next major location down river that could be accessed by car.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

He deserves to be in jail so I hope that's where he ends up. Leaving the drinking out of it, the boy shouldn't have been allowed to go to the rope swing by himself anyway. Those things are dangerous. There's one at the lake we go to and my husband went with some friends and there were three teenagers there - a girl had just broken her leg from hitting a tree in the rope swing and they couldn't get her out of the water onto their pontoon boat. Fortunately, my husband and friend were able to get her onto their speed boat (much lower in the water) and bring her to the marina. Completely negligent to let him drink and let him go alone - just one of those things alone could have killed him.

I agree that it is suspicious that the stepfather found the body, coupled with some of those comments.

Link to new article. A deputy from the area says he doesn't see how the body could have floated to that location, because due to our drought conditions here, the water in some parts of the river is only 6 inches deep right now.

http://www.kmov.com/news/local/Crim...ay-in-death-of-12-year-old-boy-165498886.html

Here is a link to an article with photos from the search. You can see in some of the pictures that the river is very low, like all the rivers here right now.

http://fox2now.com/2012/08/07/body-found-while-searching-for-affton-boy/

9a2f40b9bb2dd5e0c9520a3ca8d912de

http://eureka-wildwood.patch.com/articles/christopher-marks-boy-scout-brother-friend-47d7bcda

“When he smiled, his eyes danced,” said his great-aunt, Donna Sherman.

wow, those comments shed a whole new light on dear ole sd. I hope he rots!

Step Dad is a 7 time DUI offender. :(

http://fox2now.com/2012/08/14/christopher-marks-step-dad-has-revoked-dl-for-repeated-dui/

"Christopher Marks grandmother says they’ve heard from kids who were with Step-Dad Combs that August 5th weekend, reporting that he bought them Bud Light, Captain Morgan rum and a malt liquor called 4 Loko."

All that hard booze for a group of 12 yr olds???????????? @#$%^^&&

That man should be locked up.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members