GUILTY MO - Clauddinnea 'Dee Dee' Blancharde, 48, Springfield, 10 June 2015 - #3

I don't know her and I'm not about to judge her. I've never been a victim of child abuse but I know children who have been victims of child abuse.

She's a victim of incredibly severe child abuse. She said she tried to run away from home, was found by her mother 4 hours later and spent two weeks chained to her bed with little food, soiling herself. Her mother had her salivary glands removed. Her mother told doctors her medical records were lost in Hurricane Katrina. Her mother was mentally ill, and her daughter realizes that now.

She's done her time. If GR wants to spend the rest of her life trying to spread awareness of MBP, I have no problem with it. There has been a dramatic increase in child abuse since the Covid pandemic hit and children were out of school.

JMO

There is no judgement whatsoever, it is observation based on what is glaringly obvious.

She is clueless to the dark side of social media. She hasn’t earned the trust as an advocate in the public sector yet but her actions are laying the foundation for it.

She appears happy because she is enamoured with the fame and attention she is receiving. The dopamine isn’t sustainable, yet she thinks it is.

She currently lacks maturity and proven stability to be a public advocate. In time, maybe but she needs guidance at this point.

The View isn’t the gold standard of
talk shows in my opinion. 60-minutes is a better platform for the seriousness of her experience.

If I were in need of seeking an advocate she lacks in every aspect for what I would be looking for. I would make a selection based on credibility, professionalism and solid capabilities. It wouldn’t be someone talking about their sexual activity on social media.

My opinion only, but thus far she needs direction. The sooner the better. Right now she reminds me of Brittney Spears, total lack of judgment.

IMO If Gypsy is going to advocate for anyone it should be for the troubled young man she enticed and manipulated into stabbing her mother to death. His life sentence without the possibility of parole seems excessive to me under those circumstances. I would hope she’d feel some obligation to advocate for the man who did her bidding to give her freedom.

JMO

Has anyone else noticed that she keeps on changing her stories?

In what way?

I’m watching the last episode of The Prison Confessions of Gypsy Rose Blanchard and the start is about Gypsy phoning her previous fiancée Ken and how started a fight between her and her now-husband Ryan Anderson. Ryan was concerned that Gypsy still thought about Ken. Gypsy’s stepmom and half-sister say in interviews before her marriage that Gypsy shouldn’t be getting married.

I don’t think it’s going to go well for Gypsy or her husband Ryan…

Also, one other surprise that’s been revealed, but not by this documentary series is that Gypsy was reached out to by Elizabeth Smart. I’m not sure how I feel about that. I mean it’s true that Gypsy was held hostage, though obviously unlike Elizabeth, by her mother and not a stranger…but for some reason it just seems odd to me. Maybe somethings wrong with me for thinking that?

Last edited:
Also, one other surprise that’s been revealed, but not by this documentary series is that Gypsy was reached out to by Elizabeth Smart. I’m not sure how I feel about that. I mean it’s true that Gypsy was held hostage by her mother…but for some reason it just seems odd to me. Maybe somethings wrong with me for thinking that?

Gypsy actually sounds pretty level-headed in this video interview. Perhaps she’s getting some guidance. I hope so.

"My schedule has been pretty busy, so I haven't had a chance to check all my DMs or anything," she explained in an exclusive interview with E! News' Francesca Amiker. "But I actually did check one."

Because the missive from kidnapping survivor Elizabeth Smart certainly caught her eye.

Having served as an advocate for other survivors of trauma since she was abducted from her childhood bedroom in 2002, the Elizabeth Smart Foundation founder "told me that she had been wanting to reach out for a long time and she feels like my story can help a lot of people," Blanchard explained. "And if I ever needed to talk to her, she would be more than happy to chat with me, which is very, very sweet."

In what way?

I’m watching the last episode of The Prison Confessions of Gypsy Rose Blanchard and the start is about Gypsy phoning her previous fiancée Ken and how started a fight between her and her now-husband Ryan Anderson. Ryan was concerned that Gypsy still thought about Ken. Gypsy’s stepmom and half-sister say in interviews before her marriage that Gypsy shouldn’t be getting married.

I don’t think it’s going to go well for Gypsy or her husband Ryan…

Also, one other surprise that’s been revealed, but not by this documentary series is that Gypsy was reached out to by Elizabeth Smart. I’m not sure how I feel about that. I mean it’s true that Gypsy was held hostage, though obviously unlike Elizabeth, by her mother and not a stranger…but for some reason it just seems odd to me. Maybe somethings wrong with me for thinking that?

In her various interviews

Her TikTok has been hacked and there are imposters who are claiming they are Gypsy. People have been scammed by it. This is just the beginning of what she is going to be subjected to. She needs to be surrounded by people who aren’t going to take advantage of her.

She has amassed 17 million followers in less than a week. Instant fame is tricky for any young adult; she is still deprogramming from years of abuse so for her it’s compounded.

I didn’t know that she was engaged to another person while incarcerated.

Her husband is also gaining instant fame for marrying her. There are just so many opportunities to crash and burn.

Her TikTok has been hacked and there are imposters who are claiming they are Gypsy. People have been scammed by it. This is just the beginning of what she is going to be subjected to. She needs to be surrounded by people who aren’t going to take advantage of her.

She has amassed 17 million followers in less than a week. Instant fame is tricky for any young adult; she is still deprogramming from years of abuse so for her it’s compounded.

I didn’t know that she was engaged to another person while incarcerated.

Her husband is also gaining instant fame for marrying her. There are just so many opportunities to crash and burn.

Her actual TT account has a blue check mark.

But there are a ton that are fakes

Gypsy actually sounds pretty level-headed in this video interview. Perhaps she’s getting some guidance. I hope so.

"My schedule has been pretty busy, so I haven't had a chance to check all my DMs or anything," she explained in an exclusive interview with E! News' Francesca Amiker. "But I actually did check one."

Because the missive from kidnapping survivor Elizabeth Smart certainly caught her eye.

Having served as an advocate for other survivors of trauma since she was abducted from her childhood bedroom in 2002, the Elizabeth Smart Foundation founder "told me that she had been wanting to reach out for a long time and she feels like my story can help a lot of people," Blanchard explained. "And if I ever needed to talk to her, she would be more than happy to chat with me, which is very, very sweet."
Gypsy said she was seeing a therapist and I believe her. She sounds very level-headed to me.

I wasn't aware that her mother poisoned the woman who married her father. I can't fathom growing up with a mother who should have been in prison herself.

JMO

About a year after Blanchard’s grandmother died, her grandfather married a woman named Laura May. According to family members, this made Dee Dee very upset and she began to slowly poison Laura.

Blanchard’s cousin, Bobby Pitre, recalled one day when Blanchard and her grandfather were hanging out. “Gypsy sees the Roundup in the corner and she tells my grandfather, ‘Oh, that’s the vitamins that mom gives to grandma Laura May’,” Pitre said, later adding: “Laura May ended up dying a slow, painful death. And I guarantee you it had a lot to do with that poisoning from the Roundup.”

Blanchard said that she wouldn’t put doing something like that past her mother. “I know that my mother had this hatred toward Laura,” she said. “So that is something that would be in her character to do.”

I think she speaks really well in this interview. I wish her all the best.

MOO

Dr John and Lauren from Hidden True Crime are our guests tonight on Websleuths YouTube Live. Hope you will join us. We go live at 10:30 PM Eastern.

I think it's a tragedy that NG didn't get the correct legal representation especially pertinent to his mental health / autism at the time he was arrested. The very least every person should know is to not waive your miranda rights and wait for a lawyer to arrive before answering questions to detectives. It does seem unfair that GRB is being celebrated whilst he has to spend the rest of his life behind bars. JMO MOO

Hi, everyone!

I don't think I've ever been as conflicted about a case before.

On the one hand, I think she was put into a situation that she saw no escape from and her mother was NOT going to let her go without a fight. Gypsy will bear the scars (emotional and physical) of what her mother put her through for the rest of her life. Heck, it stares back at her in the mirror when she sees her teeth. Losing your salivary glands is no joke either. Her mind and body will forever be a walking testament to the cruelty she endured. I think her mother should have spent the rest of her life in prison, but I can absolutely understand why Gypsy would believe that Dee Dee's death would be the only way she could be free.

Having said that, I really am shocked that the Judge didn't reference/invoke some variation of the Son of Sam law to keep her from profiting from the crime. Because profit she is. The way she talks about her husband's bedroom prowess and throws up hand signs and stuff just rubs me the wrong way because it feels like she's trying to play some kind of role that isn't sincere at all. She's more invested in the attention she is getting and I don't think that is sustainable at all. I think she is making a mistake by playing into her 'fans' and keeping them fed with soundbites and edgy postings. Her attempts at being cute are failing. Miserably. She is also no longer taking responsibility, imho.

She has a platform and ability now to reach a wide audience and I hope she utilizes that to truly help others and doesn't get lost in the fame game.

Hi, everyone!

I don't think I've ever been as conflicted about a case before.

On the one hand, I think she was put into a situation that she saw no escape from and her mother was NOT going to let her go without a fight. Gypsy will bear the scars (emotional and physical) of what her mother put her through for the rest of her life. Heck, it stares back at her in the mirror when she sees her teeth. Losing your salivary glands is no joke either. Her mind and body will forever be a walking testament to the cruelty she endured. I think her mother should have spent the rest of her life in prison, but I can absolutely understand why Gypsy would believe that Dee Dee's death would be the only way she could be free.

Having said that, I really am shocked that the Judge didn't reference/invoke some variation of the Son of Sam law to keep her from profiting from the crime. Because profit she is. The way she talks about her husband's bedroom prowess and throws up hand signs and stuff just rubs me the wrong way because it feels like she's trying to play some kind of role that isn't sincere at all. She's more invested in the attention she is getting and I don't think that is sustainable at all. I think she is making a mistake by playing into her 'fans' and keeping them fed with soundbites and edgy postings. Her attempts at being cute are failing. Miserably. She is also no longer taking responsibility, imho.

She has a platform and ability now to reach a wide audience and I hope she utilizes that to truly help others and doesn't get lost in the fame game.

Agree, see my post below #481. She hasn’t been as active as she was 2 weeks ago so I am wondering if someone has been able to guide her constructively. Although I didn’t realize that she will be on 20/20 tomorrow. I won’t watch it simply because I don’t want to increase the viewership.

She is going to be paraded around for dollars in addition to what she has personally initiated.

Post in thread 'MO - Clauddinnea 'Dee Dee' Blancharde, 48, Springfield, 10 June 2015 - #3'
GUILTY - MO - Clauddinnea 'Dee Dee' Blancharde, 48, Springfield, 10 June 2015 - #3

I'm watching 20/20 and I am conflicted about her too. Its awful what she endured by her mom. The part that bothers me the most is the attitude about her bf. She doesn't understand what kind of person would do something like he did. Yet she told him to do it and didn't try to stop it. jmo.

I'm watching 20/20 and I am conflicted about her too. Its awful what she endured by her mom. The part that bothers me the most is the attitude about her bf. She doesn't understand what kind of person would do something like he did. Yet she told him to do it and didn't try to stop it. jmo.

At any time did they discuss how she was able to qualify for multiple surgeries, medical procedures, prescription drugs, etc?

I didn’t follow the case early on so it may be discussed already but I’m curious if the medical community was duped. Were they hostile witnesses in the trials?

I'm not conflicted. She could have easily stood up from her wheelchair and walked and exposed her mother years ago. She solicited this guy to commit murder for her. No sympathy from me! She's capitalizing on her fame. I refused to watch it and immediately deleted the taping from my DVR.

At any time did they discuss how she was able to qualify for multiple surgeries, medical procedures, prescription drugs, etc?

I didn’t follow the case early on so it may be discussed already but I’m curious if the medical community was duped. Were they hostile witnesses in the trials?
Yes, they were duped. I watched her interview on The View. She and her mother moved after Hurricane Katrina and her mother told doctors all of her medical records were lost.

JMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab