Identified! MO - Dixon, Wht/NtvFem UP10222, >35, off Hwy MM, upper denture, May'81 - Karen Knippers

Yes but with a name scribbled on it with sharpie? I am a big thrift shop gal, but i wouldnt buy that or even take as a gift. But i am a spoiled millenial :)))
I wouldn’t have given it a second thought.

It's not so much 'spoiling' as it is the fact that new clothing cost about the same back then as it does now. I can buy 3 cheap bralettes for $15; they would also have been $15 in 1982, when wages were so much lower.

Also we weren't nearly as worried about hygiene as we (very rightly) are now, because we didn’t care that much or know that much. I mean, everything stank of tobacco smoke even if you didn’t smoke; it was just an unclean time.

1657312815489.jpeg
Unveiled to the mostly law enforcement attendees was the headstone for Karen Kaye Knippers.

“My department has worked really hard on this, especially [Detective] Doug Renno, but everybody in the community pitched in,” Sheriff Jimmy Bench said. “We come together. Law enforcement isn't just any one entity. It's us working together as a team because we’re all for the same goal.”

Resolute and worthy, Knippers’ monument is a far cry from the humble Jane Doe grave marker removed and taken away by Detective Renno.

“When we first started, we thought a successful end to the case would be finding out who she was,” Renno said. “It took us years, but we did find out who she was. We wanted closure for the family. She has one surviving brother and he was very thankful. He said his dad spent years looking for her wondering what happened before he took a court action to have her declared legally dead. This doesn't close the case, but at least it closes one aspect of it. At least we know who she is.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back