GUILTY MO - Donnie, 64, Sharon, 61, & Taron Luetjen, 15, slain, Camp Cole, 7 June 2009

My theory on the Aunt knowing approx. when the murders occurred is that she was told by LE. Keep in mind that the writer isn't going to put in the story that they asked her where her sister was at the time that the family was murdered.

I updated the blog after I talked to Taron's mother and asked her where she was on Sunday, Monday and yesterday.

Taron's mother, Debra Kost, 36, lives in Buffalo, Missouri, and says that she was at work at Carl's Package Store at the time the murders took place. "I was there on Sunday, Monday and yesterday," adding, "all they have to do is look at the camera's."

FYI.....she has seven other children who range in age from 17 to 2 that she has custody of. Kost says that know one has notified her or any of her family members of her daughters death even after repeated phone calls to law enforcers.

http://crimesceneinvestigations.blogspot.com/2009/06/suspicious-death-investigation-turns.html

I don't care what this woman says - the courts don't just turn over custody to someone other than the mother for no real good reason.

Let me guess (excuse my cyncism) - she has 7 other children with like 4 different dads, right?

I don't care what this woman says - the courts don't just turn over custody to someone other than the mother for no real good reason.

Let me guess (excuse my cyncism) - she has 7 other children with like 4 different dads, right?

Pretty much. She told me she just didn't have the money to fight the grandparent's for custody.

I know, but that's her statement.

Pretty much. She told me she just didn't have the money to fight the grandparent's for custody.

I know, but that's her statement.

The issue here, to me, is the fact that she lost custody in the first place. There obviously was a reason she doesn't have custody..regardless of what she says.

The issue here, to me, is the fact that she lost custody in the first place. There obviously was a reason she doesn't have custody..regardless of what she says.

I am not defending the mother in any way but, I can tell you that some mothers have lost custody of their children through lies, manipulation and mistrust. Believe me, I have witnessed it first hand.

As for the custody issue, I truly believe it has no bearing on this tragic incident.

MOO

Cole Camp is a teeny town isnt it Kathee? I remember stopping there for a few supplies on the way to my friends lakelot. I hope LE has the resources needed to investigate this fully.

On a side note pertaining to post #6, I personally can't stand KCTV 5 news. They border on sensationalism to get ratings IMO. I used to live in Independence and they had a big feud with our police dept.

Most Missouri small towns are close nit communities, I def. would look outside of Cole Camp.

The way they were killed, IMO points to money. I'm sure you understand why I am saying that.. I just can't find a way to express nicely why I don't think it was random. Makes me sick to my stomach.

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/news/l...amp-Triple-Murder/xobGsqTevUyQbySFTlFg6g.cspx

(snips)
A 10 a.m. press conference is scheduled for this morning to release more information about the murders of a teenage girl and her grandparents.

NBC Action News Reporter Lindsay Shively will be at the press conference, to be held in a park across the street from the Luetjen home, and will have the latest details today on NBC Action News Midday at 11 a.m.

I really liked the sheriff... thanks for posting the updates, (((((Q)))))

i wonder if this sum of money was inherited or from some sort of a lawsuit. at age 15 that would an odd age to be getting a large sum of money its usually held in trust until the minor reaches 18.

I believe it was the grandparents who inherited the money according to the paper.

If these murders were for money I doubt it will take long to figure out who was behind them. I'm praying this is the case because I would hate to see this go cold.

I updated the blog after I talked to Taron's mother and asked her where she was on Sunday, Monday and yesterday.

Taron's mother, Debra Kost, 36, lives in Buffalo, Missouri, and says that she was at work at Carl's Package Store at the time the murders took place. "I was there on Sunday, Monday and yesterday," adding, "all they have to do is look at the camera's."

FYI.....she has seven other children who range in age from 17 to 2 that she has custody of. Kost says that know one has notified her or any of her family members of her daughters death even after repeated phone calls to law enforcers.

http://crimesceneinvestigations.blogspot.com/2009/06/suspicious-death-investigation-turns.html

It is my understanding that Debra Kost is not legally this girl's mother as the grandparents adopted her years ago. That is why LE is not contacting her and why they won't be contacting her according to them. So the grandparents are legally the parents.

You called the bio mother and asked her where she was at the time of the murders??????? Isn't that crossing a boundry as we aren't detectives we are only people interested in cases presented here?

I believe it was the grandparents who inherited the money according to the paper.

I think, if you are considering the financial angle as the motive for the crime, this pretty much rules out the estranged, biological mother as a suspect. I mean, if the grandparents took custody via legal means - regardless of the reason - then she is no closer to getting their money than you or I would be at this point.

And even if you are looking at this from the aspect of revenge, for taking her daughter, I don't think that works too well either. For one, my guess is that she could not afford to pay for a "hit" considering she has 7 other kids and never had money to pay for an attorney for custody.

Just my 2 cents.

You called the bio mother and asked her where she was at the time of the murders??????? Isn't that crossing a boundry as we aren't detectives we are only people interested in cases presented here?

Yeah, so what? If she lives in the area and knows the family what does it matter. I'm sure that other people locally have talked to the biological mother as well.

Sure, we are not detectives. But we don't live in a bubble.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back