MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I two was worried that the teacher was involved at first. However, I think we can safely say that is not the case.

It was either here or on some other site that someone noted the teacher taught only juniors and seniors. This makes sense when you realize that he was a journalism teacher. This seams like a upper level class to me. Therefore, he would not have taught AB.

I think enough has been said to realize that it was a suicide and a firearm was involved. He was terminally ill, and it has been posted that there is no one he was really close with other than his dog. Therefore, he probably felt it was not worth his suffering.

I may be wrong, but I believe the case is closed on the teacher's death. I believe it to be a suicide, but there was no involvement with AB (although I originally had my doubts on this part).

Welcome!
The advisor/journalism teacher's untimely demise has bothered me since reported Although, I read somewhere that there was a gun involved, but I do not remember where

I posted on this topic last week

Since you are a local---the JC News Tribune http://www.newstribune.com/articles/...11currie09.txt
covered his story on the same day as Elizabeth's funeral The front page had a picture of the horse-driven hearse and in the left column of the front page a story about the teacher The online version for non-subscribers did not provide the full article, but I read from an unverified source that the full article reported that Sheriff White was the last person to visit the teacher on Monday morning
Do you have access to this paper? I am just wondering if this article did report the visit

Thanks and welcome!

This is my opinion based on what I have heard....Sheriff White was the last person to "talk" to Mr. Currie. So there was no visit. I think there was no time for Sheriff White to get there. The paper I think said he was the last person to talk to the teacher. I think someone posted AB and the teacher went to the same church, but the paper said he was a minister in another church. I don't know which it was.

I've been lurking, and am truly confused by this teacher. So Wed E goes missing, by fri she is found and POI in custody. These poor kids are already dazed and confused. If he truly cared for his students, regardless of his own health concerns, WTF would he commit suicide on mon and add more heartache and stress to these kids-- on top of what they are going through. IMHO! Am i the only one thinking this was this a totally selfish act?[/QUOTE]

MY BOLD

The guy had a terminal illness and was depressed enough that he took his own life. I can't lay any blame on him for his timing. This may have been disheartening enough to him to push him over the edge.

wttg.gif

Having trouble keeping up with all the newbies here today! I am very happy to see all these new hats...
I just wish we were meeting under better circumstances!!! {{{HUGS}}}

This is my opinion based on what I have heard....Sheriff White was the last person to "talk" to Mr. Currie. So there was no visit. I think there was no time for Sheriff White to get there. The paper I think said he was the last person to talk to the teacher. I think someone posted AB and the teacher went to the same church, but the paper said he was a minister in another church. I don't know which it was.

I understood Mr Currie and AB's family both belonged to the same LDS ward in Jeff City. This is where Mr Currie also counseled youth and ILC stated AB would go before school. Can someone correct me if I'm mistaken? TIA

As another local..... it just doesn't seem that Mr Currie's death had anything to do with AB at all.

They are two separate stories/incidents.

HI everyone. I'm new here but since I'm a local, have been following this since the beginning.

I have a personal theory concerning the teacher.

The whole "suicide" thing has never been verified, has it? I read in the local paper that the original response to his home was handled as if it were a suicide, but since then, I haven't seen anything that officially verifies that was the case. He was very sick with cancer. He was getting worse, such that a student from JCHS told me that he actually threw up in a class the week before. Is it possible he'd been given some medication to help with the illness and/or pain, and that he accidentally took an overdose? If that were the case, it would look exactly like a suicide, but there would probably be no note.

I am still catching up reading posts this morning so I apologize if anyone has already responded to this.... but iirc, I read that a firearm was involved.

I understood Mr Currie and AB's family both belonged to the same LDS ward in Jeff City. This is where Mr Currie also counseled youth and ILC stated AB would go before school. Can someone correct me if I'm mistaken? TIA

I don't know anyone who would know. I thought I read a wikipedia post by the Prof on this site that it was LDS, but the paper article said Methodist, and I have no idea which it is. I don't even know who would have given the info to the paper if he doesn't have family, maybe the sheriff. But that is only an opinion of mine.

Can you say how you came about this info?

I don't know anyone who would know. I thought I read a wikipedia post by the Prof on this site that it was LDS, but the paper article said Methodist, and I have no idea which it is. I don't even know who would have given the info to the paper if he doesn't have family, maybe the sheriff. But that is only an opinion of mine.

I read the wiki article too, here, and online. The page link was a cached version, that appeared to have been from 2008. It did say LDS.

Here's the link to the wiki page posted:
http://deletionpedia.dbatley.com/w/index.php?title=Bill_currie

The original page looks like it was deleted 29 Oct., but if you go to "page history" tab you can access the page.

"Early Years:
Before Bill Currie's career as an educator, he worked as a Theology major and a re-knowned Preacher at the Church of Latter Day Saints in Nashville, TN."

If AB sometimes went to church or a church group before school, how did she get there if she usually took the bus to school?

If AB sometimes went to church or a church group before school, how did she get there if she usually took the bus to school?

I could be wrong, but I think Jodibug said that one of her daughter's best friends would offer a ride to AB--and I guess maybe some other girls in the group. Right???

I think she said that the girl felt kind of used after seeing the AB online stuff.

Thanks for posting the links to the teacher. My computer is so messed up, it would take me until next year to find and post it. It takes forever to get it to post on here. I just have a thought on the church of the teacher, if he was active in either church mentioned, I would think someone from the church would have directed the memorial service or at least had input. I really didn't get from the article (and this is just what I remember reading) that there was any mention of current church involvement.

I wonder if AB's family has a clue as to what the motive was? Or does anyone for that matter...

I could be wrong, but I think Jodibug said that one of her daughter's best friends would offer a ride to AB--and I guess maybe some other girls in the group. Right???

I think she said that the girl felt kind of used after seeing the AB online stuff.

And whether that indicated a real interest in participating in a group, or just taking adantage of someone offering her a ride, we don't know...

Possible new information.

Please continue HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members