Identified! MO - Elsberry, Hatfield Landing, WhtFem 29-39, UP5295, cats eye ring, tattoo Dee, Mar'78 - Helen Renee Groomes

Here's an article with more info on Helen's life.
Omg Helen's uncle says that her stepfather is the one responsible for her death. He described the stepdad as a monster who beat Helen's mother and her siblings. The stepdad confessed to killing Helen on his deathbed.

Not surprising that they thought she was older in my opinion, I don't think it was common for 15 year olds to have tattoos in the 1970s.
They didn't think she was in her 20s either but specifially 29-39.
Isn't there a bone change or similar in the body that usually happens in our late 20s? I've heard 28 but Googling is not finding any good sources for that. Maybe that happened much earlier for her.
idk. RIP poor girl. Sad story.

Isn't there a bone change or similar in the body that usually happens in our late 20s? I've heard 28 but Googling is not finding any good sources for that. Maybe that happened much earlier for her.
There is no substitute for DNA testing.

The lab, Othram Inc., built a genealogical profile that helped generate new leads in the investigation, the sheriff's department said. The new evidence led the coroner's office to track down Kevin Groomes, Helen's brother.

Kevin Groomes told KSDK-TV that his sister went missing in 1977. He said he was the one who put the tattoo on her arm, which read “Del,” a nickname for her boyfriend at the time.

The Wapello County Sheriff's Office in Iowa has opened a new investigation into the death, the agency said

The growth plates within bones fuse in one's late teens and early twenties. It isn’t easy to date remains between the point they’ve all fused and the beginning of noticeable aging, but at 15 the growth plates should have been obvious on X-ray. I suppose they didn’t bother.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramada.williams.gc@gmail.
Back