GUILTY MO - Erica Green, 3, 'Precious Doe', murdered, Kansas City, 28 April 2001

"Roughly on April 28th, the stepfather in this case kicked the poor young girl Erica in the head," Sanders said. "After kicking her in the head, she essentially laid in the house for a roughly two-day period. It was after she quit moving, after I think it was fairly certain ... that she was no longer with us, that they decided to take her to the church..."

"At that point he takes her out of the car, takes her back into the wooded area, and obviously we find her later."

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/US/05/05/precious.doe/

During questioning, Michelle Johnson said she was Erica's mother and confessed to being involved in her death while the family was in Kansas City in 2001, Lockhart said.

Authorities allege Johnson's husband kicked Erica in the head, and the girl lay in the house for about two days, said Sanders.

"Roughly on April 28th, the stepfather in this case kicked the poor young girl Erica in the head," Sanders said. "After kicking her in the head, she essentially laid in the house for a roughly two-day period. It was after she quit moving, after I think it was fairly certain ... that she was no longer with us, that they decided to take her to the church..."

"At that point he takes her out of the car, takes her back into the wooded area, and obviously we find her later."

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/US/05/05/precious.doe/

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/nation/3168945

This just makes me so incredibly sad for this poor little girl. To be laying there, for days, dying, ... oh, it's too much to bear.

I can't take this kind of news about children.

I am so releived this little girls case has been solved..

Ive wanted since John Walsh brought this case to AMW, to find the creeps that did this to her, and they will pay now!!!

That poor baby. Thank God the people of Kansas didn't give up. She did not have much of a life,but now with the angels she will have peace. I am so broken-hearted for what some little children must suffer.

Killed, beheaded, then thrown away 4 years ago--Precious Doe is finally identified as almost-4 Erica Michelle Marie Green.

Stepdad, Mom Charged in Precious Doe Slay
By MATT SEDENSKY, Associated Press Writer
Thursday, May 5, 2005

(05-05) 16:47 PDT Kansas City, Mo. (AP) --

For four years, she was known only as Precious Doe, a little girl whose headless body was found along a road. On Thursday, police identified the girl, arrested her mother and stepfather on murder charges, and pronounced the sad mystery solved.

The girl with big brown eyes and neat cornrows in her hair was identified as Erica Michelle Marie Green, just shy of 4 when she was found.

Her mother, Michelle M. Johnson, 30, and stepfather Harrell Johnson, 25, were charged with murder and endangering the welfare of a child.

Police said Harrell Johnson admitted that under the influence of alcohol and the hallucinogenic drug PCP, he became angry with Erica when she refused to go to bed, grabbed her, kicked her and threw her to the ground, leaving her unconscious. After she died, he said he used hedge clippers to sever her head.

Both suspects were being held in Oklahoma, where they live.

"We have closure," Police Chief James Corwin said. "The little girl that we've known for four years as Precious Doe has a name."--->> http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2005/05/05/national/a153837D94.DTL&sn=001&sc=712

May they spend the rest of their lives in prison!

My God, this beautiful little girl ... my heart breaks every time we hear these horrible stories. I just can't make sense of this. How beautiful she was in her pretty white dress. Why couldn't she have been blessed with parents that adored her? Why can't they all? :(

Such a pretty little girl with a pretty name. How sad that it took her death to find out how much she was cared for. This child should be the poster child for why young single moms should be helped and encouraged to make a good life for their children and not be so dependant on a man. Maybe then the mother would have had enough self respect to wait until she was able to pick a man who would be good to her and her children. It's just so sad that the children have to bear the punishment for their parents' bad choices.

This is such a horrible crime. I cannot believe they decapitated her. :furious:

Bless whoever turned in the tip.

This has to stop happening to our children. :banghead:

"Washington said a grandfather of one of the individuals involved in the case came forward, talking with him and detectives last weekend. He said the source, who had spoken to police before on the case, sent photographs of the child as well as hair samples from the child and the mother."

I am so glad that there is resolution to this case. Children are not disposable!

I just don't understand people. How can a mother let someone hurt her child in such a way and DO NOTHING? That is just not in my nature. I can typically put myself in another's shoes, but not on something like this. There is just no amount of reasoning that could get me to understand.

What a beautiful little face. What monsters for parents. I really wonder if we should just use the "eye for an eye" technique for punishment rather than jailing someone or quietly putting them to death. How did they live with themselves for this long? How did the mother not hate the step-father? How did they keep Erica's death a secret for all of this time? Geez, this world makes me crazy.

It's astonishing, isn't it, that the mother would stand by this guy. It just . . . defies belief.

So often in cases like this the mother who stands there and does nothing while her man kills her child gets worse punishment than the man who actually kills the kid - not sure I agree with that - but I bet that will happen in this case too.

KatherineQ said:
So often in cases like this the mother who stands there and does nothing while her man kills her child gets worse punishment than the man who actually kills the kid - not sure I agree with that - but I bet that will happen in this case too.
That's a good question ... who deserves the harsher punishment? In many cases, I would think that they both deserve equal punishment. In some cases, I think that the mother that stands idly by deserves a harsher punishment because in addition to the unthinkable things that the child has suffered, the mother has added betrayal on top of it. Like you, I can't imagine how a mother can allow something like this to happen, and then stay with the man that murdered her child. I imagine that there are mental mechanisms there that I can't fully comprehend.

JerseyGirl said:
That's a good question ... who deserves the harsher punishment? In many cases, I would think that they both deserve equal punishment. In some cases, I think that the mother that stands idly by deserves a harsher punishment because in addition to the unthinkable things that the child has suffered, the mother has added betrayal on top of it. Like you, I can't imagine how a mother can allow something like this to happen, and then stay with the man that murdered her child. I imagine that there are mental mechanisms there that I can't fully comprehend.

My wish would be that they throw both of them in a dungeon somewhere and forget about them. I cried and cried last night finally seeing her picture and how cute and sweet she appeard to be. Why do these parents do these horrendous things to their own children. If they don't want them, give them to me, I'll take them.

I read this yesterday on my MSN homepage :( :( :( :( and it made me sick and just broke my heart.. put me in a really bad mood.. What a darling little girl she was...

cami said:
My wish would be that they throw both of them in a dungeon somewhere and forget about them. I cried and cried last night finally seeing her picture and how cute and sweet she appeard to be. Why do these parents do these horrendous things to their own children. If they don't want them, give them to me, I'll take them.

Awe, that's so nice. You would end up with a ton of kids. If you've ever seen any of my posts about my neighborhood kids, you would know that I am the same way. I feed them, talk to them, play with them, burn music for them, sing with them, read to them, take them places . . . and they aren't even mine . . . but they bring something to me too . . . in their little faces, in their little ways, in their laughter, in their tears. Yes, this little girl was so innocent in all of this but she, like Laci and Conner, had a big part to play in their time on earth and we should be forever grateful to them for bringing awareness to us . . . and Jessica L. . . . I just love her Dad . . . what a great guy. We have to put an end to all of this senselessness by opening our eyes, ears and hearts and stepping in when we see something wrong. I yell at my own brother if I think he's too hard on his step-son. He doesn't like it, but I have to live with myself.

HappyChic727 said:
Awe, that's so nice. You would end up with a ton of kids. If you've ever seen any of my posts about my neighborhood kids, you would know that I am the same way. I feed them, talk to them, play with them, burn music for them, sing with them, read to them, take them places . . . and they aren't even mine . . . but they bring something to me too . . . in their little faces, in their little ways, in their laughter, in their tears. Yes, this little girl was so innocent in all of this but she, like Laci and Conner, had a big part to play in their time on earth and we should be forever grateful to them for bringing awareness to us . . . and Jessica L. . . . I just love her Dad . . . what a great guy. We have to put an end to all of this senselessness by opening our eyes, ears and hearts and stepping in when we see something wrong. I yell at my own brother if I think he's too hard on his step-son. He doesn't like it, but I have to live with myself.

Ah yes, i've done the same thing with the neighbourhood kids. I usually start the first snowball fight of the year and buy the first popsicles of the summer for all the street. I've always done that, I used to feed my friends and was always dragging someone home with me. My mum used to call them "Cami's wounded birds" lol. Then I continued with my own son's friends and my great nieces and newphew. I have one of my son's friends living with me now while my son is out on his own.

I'll take them all. I wanted a large family, I have five siblings. I didn't get it so I still long for the rest of them. Maybe my son will give me a dozen grandbabies. Wouldn't that be nice, lOL.

I just cannot fathom why someone would kill their own children. If they want rid of them, give them to me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back