MO MO - Fawn Cox, 16, killed in her home, Kansas City, 26 July 1989 *suspect died in 2006*

Ya, that's the one. How do you know it has been posted before?

Sent from my LGL58VL using Tapatalk
It was linked in the first post of this thread. If you start here https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...sas-City-26-July-1989&p=14076322#post14076322 and continue reading you will be able to read all the comments that have been made by yourself and others to date. Any time you see a blue link you can click on it to open and read the attachment. I don't know if it looks different in tapatalk.

Let me begin by saying, thank you Amber for everything you have shared about your sister. I am truly sorry for your loss.

I have read through the thread and I have a question and a thought ...

Amber, you keep mentioning the "only working bathroom" being upstairs with a clear shot of Fawn's bedroom. How long had this been the only working bathroom?

Considering those involved with the crime seemed to have a clear understanding of the layout of the house, what are the odds that it was someone who had visited for whatever reason and had to use the "only working bathroom?"

Let me begin by saying, thank you Amber for everything you have shared about your sister. I am truly sorry for your loss.

I have read through the thread and I have a question and a thought ...

Amber, you keep mentioning the "only working bathroom" being upstairs with a clear shot of Fawn's bedroom. How long had this been the only working bathroom?

Considering those involved with the crime seemed to have a clear understanding of the layout of the house, what are the odds that it was someone who had visited for whatever reason and had to use the "only working bathroom?"
The bathroom had always been the working bathroom the whole time we lived there.

Was it the only bathroom in the house? Or was there another bathroom that didn't work, too?
We had a bathroom downstairs that didn't work.

Amber, Since the upstairs bathroom was the only working bathroom, that meant that everyone who came in and out of that home used it. In doing so, everyone using it knew the layout of Fawn's bedrooom as it was a straight eyes' view to her bedroom.

Was there ever an assumption that the suspect(s) had at one time been in the home and used the bathroom?

I remember this case from my childhood, as I lived only a stones throw from the Cox family and as I struggle with what my mind thinks and what my mouth should say... I will begin by saying that even as a child I knew that Fawn was a “good girl” in part because all the “bad” ones I knew personally...I grew up in the house of that “gang” you mention and know that there were shady characters who ran that neighborhood. My home and the house next door during the late 80s and early 90s served as the neighborhood hop and flop houses. I also know (or feel that I know) that these guys where terrifying to law enforcement! (got to where they wouldn’t come to the neighborhood for distress calls) I only mention that to say that in my opinion, outsiders were very rare in that area! Only thing I know for sure is that there was a small sweep of blonde men/boys who were asked to “volunteer” their DNA, and that obviously didn’t produce a perpetrator. I have always had a few opinions but have always heard that old cliché (opinions are like)... whenever I’ve thought about contacting somebody. I remember a few things that (even as a kid) had bothered me, and do to this day...

Last edited:
I remember this case from my childhood, as I lived only a stones throw from the Cox family and as I struggle with what my mind thinks and what my mouth should say... I will begin by saying that even as a child I knew that Fawn was a “good girl” in part because all the “bad” ones I knew personally...I grew up in the house of that “gang” you mention and know that there were shady characters who ran that neighborhood. My home and the house next door during the late 80s and early 90s served as the neighborhood hop and flop houses. I also know (or feel that I know) that these guys where terrifying to law enforcement! (got to where they wouldn’t come to the neighborhood for distress calls) I only mention that to say that in my opinion, outsiders were very rare in that area! Only thing I know for sure is that there was a small sweep of blonde men/boys who were asked to “volunteer” their DNA, and that obviously didn’t produce a perpetrator. I have always had a few opinions but have always heard that old cliché (opinions are like)... whenever I’ve thought about contacting somebody. I remember a few things that (even as a kid) had bothered me, and do to this day...
Hi Only10in89. Could you please elaborate on the last part of your post? Thank you.

Hi Only10in89. Could you please elaborate on the last part of your post? Thank you.

Keep in mind, I was only 10, and that when you’re thinking back, events seem to run together. AND that the neighborhood consisted of poor working class families that may have wanted to escape the blight but, there were faces I seen (on daily basis) that seem to disappear in sudden instances and the (crowd) didn’t question it. I know the names of young men who seem to drop off the face of the earth. What I don’t know, is if the investigators already know their names. Some didn’t live in the exact neighborhood and unfortunately (from my point of view) every single young person in the vicinity was a thief (even though last night was the first time they officially released that information here in kc) I never believed it was a robbery! I think she knew her killer and the subsequent taking of things was an after thought. I also know that the majority of the (gang) never went on to amount to anything and to this day are either dead, in and out of jail and jacked up on drugs! I only say that because, their train of thought on being “snitches” is (in my opinion) why no one told what they knew back then. So I’m hoping someone with more than (just a thought) had their conscience jogged last night!! Because one thing I know for sure, is that someone (likely more than 1) knows who did it!

Last edited:
This guy went to school with my sister and he was apart of the gang 9th. Street dawgs. Along time ago when fawn was murdered the detectives told him if he would tell us who killed fawn you won't be charged with murder but he chose not to do it. then if this guy is ever caught this guy we know for sure was there will go down for murder too but I don't want that. I don't care about the burglary or the guy we know for sure was there. I just want him to tell us what happened that night and him not be charged with anything. I just want to know what happened and the guy not be in trouble. I want to make a deal with him.

Last edited:
My apologies, I thought this page was for leads and clues and such. The information was from a comment posted on Facebook about the case.

My apologies, I thought this page was for leads and clues and such. The information was from a comment posted on Facebook about the case.
Don’t be sorry as it Is for the aforementioned, but in reality the conflict that name dropping in such forums (open to anyone) may be more consequential than expected

It is, but naming people without an msm source or without being a verified insider is against TOS and could result in a time out or even getting the thread shut down. You can direct us by saying something like "There are interesting comments onn the Find fawn fb page, on the post dated (whatever date) or posted by (person's initials).

I have thought about it.... I have actually thought about it the majority of my life.
You might have a piece of information that could be just what the case needs to the broken wide open. What may seem insignificant to you, might be the missing puzzle piece for LE.

Feel free to pm me if you would like to talk more about it or if you'd like support. I understand you must be in a difficult position.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back