MO MO - Freda Denman, Sheri & Michael Johnson, Independence, Nov 1974

The church thing probably isn't a big deal. I am just trying to piece together things I have heard from or about this lady. Mind you, we aren't good friends or anything, she is just someone I've known for about a year, and at the time when I was hearing these things, I didn't know about Sheri Lynn, so I am going by memory. Things that seem to fit:

Looks like the age progression of Sherri Lynn, also looks like Freda

Birthday in September (don't know exact date)

Adopted

I believe her adopted family is from Chicago

Seems to be the right age (I don't know her exact age)

I am trying to find some group pics I have with her in them to compare side by side to Sherri Lynn's and Freda's pics, but I don't know where I put them! Hopefully I can find them today.

I am more than a little interested in your observations. That is just amazing. Have you seen the age-enhanced drawing of Sheri Lynn on the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children's website? If not, you may want to look at that, too.

The Church of the New Song operated in and around Chicago. They went to Chicago regularly to get supplies, etc. Pleeeeeeease keep me posted. If you want to PM me and tell me what this person's name is, we can probably check out her date of birth. Is she married?

She is married. I will have to find a way to quiz her about her maiden name :) . If I am remembering correctly, we saw this lady on September 9th of last year, then again on September 14th. When we saw her on the 14th, she mentioned celebrating her birthday. I will have to try and verify that, because she didn't mention her birthday this year, but I am sure I am remembering correctly.

I found some pics I have of her in a group, but none of them are good closeups of her face. I should have a better one somewhere. I still see a resemblence, esp. the nose, mouth, and shape of the face.

I wish I could be more definate on all of this, but like I said, at the time I had no special reason to remember all these things. Hopefully with the holidays coming up, there will be more talk about families and I can zero in on a few things. I should say that when she mentioned being adopted she said she had no desire to find her birth family. So I really would prefer not to give out specific info about her unless there is a good chance of a match. I was hesitant to even post about her, but I think finding Sheri Lynn's whereabouts might help you find out what happened to Freda.

totally understood about not mentioning her name. Sheri Lynn's B-day is Sept 21, 1970.

You need to know that my sister and I have had the feeling we've been "led" through our search. We've unknowingly opened doors that have given us great information. I will be patient and wait for you to work this out. I so much appreciate your eyes and your heart. Obviously, this is what we hoped publicizing the pictures would do.

Thank you, again.

Is anyone familar with the allegations about a pedophile ring that are mentioned in this Doe Network case? 160DMIA

Is there any possiblity that it is related to the Johnson disappearance or the Sharon Marshal case? I know there has been speculation that Frank Floyd or Harry Harbison [sp?] had connection with this kind of "stuff"

In "A Beautiful Child" Floyd mentioned something about a pedophile group around Chicago. I haven't been able to find out if there was any truth to that.

If you do a search you can find a thread on the Gosch case where there is a very heated debate about whether this "ring" even existed and if Noreen Gosch is off her rocker. I'm not into conspiracy theories, I just wondered if you knew of any connection to Sheri and Michael.

Not other than Floyd's comments. Strange the dual connection to Iowa. The Church of the New Song operated in Iowa City and the Gosch boy was from Iowa. Hummmmm. I'll look at that thread.

What an awful connection, if it existed. Gosch was one of two boys who disappeared from Iowa under similar circumstances.

I found a nice full face picture today, and I really think that it matches the age progression of Sheri Lynn. I asked my DH (who thinks I am crazy for reading all these true crime websites) and he thought it was a match too. I'm glad to know that it wasn't just me that thought so! So now I am wondering: What agency should I bring this up with? NCMEC, the Independence Police Department, or someone else? What would they need as far as "proof" to further look into the situation?

camracrazy said:
I found a nice full face picture today, and I really think that it matches the age progression of Sheri Lynn. I asked my DH (who thinks I am crazy for reading all these true crime websites) and he thought it was a match too. I'm glad to know that it wasn't just me that thought so! So now I am wondering: What agency should I bring this up with? NCMEC, the Independence Police Department, or someone else? What would they need as far as "proof" to further look into the situation?
You may be getting slightly ahead of yourself. At this point, the Indipendence Police Department would have no proof to work with. However, you know that Sheri Lynn's birth family IS looking for her. Along that line, if you feel that your friend may be Sheri Lynn, then see if she and Sheri Lynn's aunts (Freda's sisters) might agree to do a DNA test. Such tests are done all the time now.

The DNA lab sends a kit to each person to be tested, and they each have blood and/or saliva samples taken at thier own Doctor's office, hospital, or clinic, and all samples are then sent, along with the proper paperwork, and the fee back to the lab. About a month later, results are sent to each person who participated, stating whether or not there is a match.

IF such a DNA test were conducted, and there was a definite match, then the Police would have some solid evidence to continue with their investigation.

We have DNA, both private and in CODIS. We know what the mother and father's blood types were. That is sometimes an easy way to rule people out. Any information can be sent to our case worker at the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children. This is just surreal. NCMEC will investigate this possible match with privacy and professionalism.

I admit I've just been luring in this thread, but I couldn't resist the urge to jump in here and tell you all how interesting this is. Can't wait to see what comes of the NCMEC involvement....

amandab said:
I admit I've just been luring in this thread, but I couldn't resist the urge to jump in here and tell you all how interesting this is. Can't wait to see what comes of the NCMEC involvement....
I'm interested as well.

I thanked Camracrazy privately, but I want to note that what Camra did is exactly why there are age enhanced drawings out there on the Web. Even if it is not Sheri Lynn, what a wonderful thing to do, to keep your eyes open for matches that can be made such as this one. Thank you, Camracrazy for being a caring person.

I've been lurking on this thread as well and am interested to see what comes of this. This is wonderful of camracrazy to check this out.

shelsearay - I'm praying that you get some answers soon.

There is an unidentified body being tested for DNA against the Denman to determine if it is Freda's. It was found directly south, in a straight line, from where Freda lived. It washed out of an isolated hilly area. With the possiblity of Camaracrazy having located Sheri Lynn and the police possibly finding Freda, my hopes are on the upswing; however, I really know better. We've been working on this for 5 years. SOMEBODY TALK ME DOWN!!!!! :banghead:

shelsearay said:
There is an unidentified body being tested for DNA against the Denman to determine if it is Freda's. It was found directly south, in a straight line, from where Freda lived. It washed out of an isolated hilly area. With the possiblity of Camaracrazy having located Sheri Lynn and the police possibly finding Freda, my hopes are on the upswing; however, I really know better. We've been working on this for 5 years. SOMEBODY TALK ME DOWN!!!!! :banghead:

Here's hoping you finally get some answers Shelsearay. Thanks for keeping us updated. And stay positive! That's how you got to this point in the first place, right?!

shelsearay said:
You have to clear every possibility as a negative before you can go on to the next idea. Hope is the only thing we have. BTW, I guess the LE's have done the preliminary work to determine that the remains could be as old as 1974? Otherwise I'm sure they wouldn't have gone forward with the DNA testing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back