MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
"schools and businesses damaged during unrest in ferguson and dellwood in the aftermath of the fatal shooting of michael brown are about to get some help."

sounds like looters hit the schools too. Hope security tapes id'd them.

schools!!!!!

Smh

Looks like a small gathering of people that would rather sit around than work...IMO
Seriously? This is everyday?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what the calendar says. From 10 am to 11:30 pm

And also something called 'Volunteer & CoWorking MeetUp' but I can't really determine what that is.

So it looks like the Ferguson Police Protest happens daily. I didn't realize that. I wonder why no MSM is covering it?
http://fergusonevents.org/wp/events/daily-protest-at-ferguson-police-station-2014-09-15/

Per link, hours 10:00am - 11:30pm.
Also from link:
"Since the unrest young activists have assembled on the parking lot of Andy Wurm Tire & Wheel at 201 S Florissant Rd to maintain a 24 Hour protest encampment in front of Ferguson Police Department."
"Parking is available on the street & in the Subway Sandwich lot during the day & on the Andy Wurm lot in the evenings." bbm

I wonder how Subway's owner feels about protesters using parking lot, perhaps displacing paying patrons
(assuming it is Subway-only parking). I hope protesters parking in that lot eat and pay at Subway.
Any ppl here ready to park their cars on the Andy Wurm lot in the evenings? Or anywhere protesters are expected?

Puzzling imo that any business owners announce their lots are open to random ppl parking there.

And is daily protest 10:00am - 11:30pm or is it 24 hrs?

Someone on the last thread was asking about a possible "Mike Brown law" after seeing a t-shirt (I think?) I found this.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/response/response-your-petition-use-body-worn-cameras

Mike Brown Law. Requires all state, county, and local police to wear a camera.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pe...-county-and-local-police-wear-camera/8tlS5czf

So they want a mike brown law to make a law about body cams? I guess federal agencies would be exempt?

Survey exposes sharp racial divide in public perception of Ferguson crisis

- 65 percent of African-American county residents believe that Ferguson Police officer Darren Wilson acted unjustly when he ended Brown's life Aug. 9 on a Ferguson street.

-
62 percent of the white residents surveyed by Remington believe the shooting death of Brown was justified.

Wilson should be "arrested and charged with a crime"

-
71 percent of African American residents responding "yes"

-
71 percent of white survey-takers who believe the police officer should not be held liable.

"targeted because of his race.

-
white respondents - 77 percent - responded "no"

-
64 percent of the African-Americans answered in the affirmative.

more @ http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...tml?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

MB was not dangerous to OW as long as he was fleeing, but once MB turned around and came back toward him he was definitely dangerous to OW, as he'd already attacked him and fought over his gun. OW had every right to think MB was readying for round 2. In the store video MB behaved similarly by strong-arming the clerk, opening the door to leave, but then turning back and approaching the little man in fighting mode. If the clerk had drawn a gun then and shot MB dead would he have faced charges? I don't think so.

And MB was still considered 'dangerous', even while fleeing, imo. OW has to consider the safety of the public as well as his own. If MB attacked him like that, w/out any provocation, he has to assume he'd do so with others as well. jmo

[h=1]Former St. Louis County Police Chief Explains Challenge of Hiring Black Officers[/h]
“Ask any of the African Americans who served on the front lines in Ferguson how they were treated by the community,” he says. “They were treated in worse fashion than the white officers on the line because they’re seen as, you know, you’re trying to support this operation and this organization and this racist police department and all these things.”

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2014/09...-explains-challenge-of-hiring-black-officers/

Survey exposes sharp racial divide in public perception of Ferguson crisis

- 65 percent of African-American county residents believe that Ferguson Police officer Darren Wilson acted unjustly when he ended Brown's life Aug. 9 on a Ferguson street.

-
62 percent of the white residents surveyed by Remington believe the shooting death of Brown was justified.

Wilson should be "arrested and charged with a crime"

-
71 percent of African American residents responding "yes"

-
71 percent of white survey-takers who believe the police officer should not be held liable.

"targeted because of his race.

-
white respondents - 77 percent - responded "no"

-
64 percent of the African-Americans answered in the affirmative.

more @ http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...tml?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Not surprising at all. I wonder what the results would have been if all the racial tension hadn't been created by outside forces? ie, Sharpton et al, and the media.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/21/us/ferguson-voices/

"Ali Rafiq's parents own a Subway sandwich store in Ferguson and the 32-year-old grew up there. On Saturday morning, Rafiq, a freelance photographer, was taking pictures near the QuikTrip that had been looted a day after Brown was killed. He is afraid that his parents' business will be looted, too. .... Rafiq's parents' business is the only income they have. "It saddens and frustrates me," he said, "watching people destroy a community."

Sounds like the Subway owners are paying protection by letting protesters hang out there. The Andy Wurm Tire Co. is long-established in Ferguson and is described as "having a good relationship with the black community", but they too may see the protective aspect of letting the peaceful protesters use their parking lot.

She may not be completely accurate. But if she was way off, I think the chief would have commented already. Or the officers attorney. Also, I think she might have been asked to go on the air, and 'leak' his story, so people would have some idea of his side of the story. jmo

What I do not understand is why the FPD is ignoring the Sunshine Laws and media's specific requests for a detailed incident report. Releasing other info, and a completely blank incident report is thumbing their nose at their state laws. IMHO. They are causing a lot of distrust and angst, and do not have a legal leg to stand on.
I read there is also supposed to be another document filed when there is a shooting of this type, and that also is required to be released as per their sunshine law.
I agree, they are arranging leaks with those friendly to OW instead of releasing information they are required by law to release.
Will add links to relevant statues if anyone needs.
MOO

What I do not understand is why the FPD is ignoring the Sunshine Laws and media's specific requests for a detailed incident report. Releasing other info, and a completely blank incident report is thumbing their nose at their state laws. IMHO. They are causing a lot of distrust and angst, and do not have a legal leg to stand on.
I read there is also supposed to be another document filed when there is a shooting of this type, and that also is required to be released as per their sunshine law.
I agree, they are arranging leaks with those friendly to OW instead of releasing information they are required by law to release.
Will add links to relevant statues if anyone needs.
MOO

I would imagine they can't release those documents because Officer Wilson has not been charged and the shooting is still under investigation by the Grand Jury. The documents would be a deciding factor on whether or not OW will be charged. As long as that portion is being investigated, which it is because they are trying to determine if the shooting was unjustified, I would think they do not have to release them at this time. jmo

[h=1]Former St. Louis County Police Chief Explains Challenge of Hiring Black Officers[/h]
“Ask any of the African Americans who served on the front lines in Ferguson how they were treated by the community,” he says. “They were treated in worse fashion than the white officers on the line because they’re seen as, you know, you’re trying to support this operation and this organization and this racist police department and all these things.”

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2014/09...-explains-challenge-of-hiring-black-officers/

that attitude was on full display when the demonstrators were in the face of an AA police officer and screaming at him and the media captured it on video. The officer stood there and did not react.

that attitude was on full display when the demonstrators were in the face of an AA police officer and screaming at him and the media captured it on video. The officer stood there and did not react.

Their photos and names have been put on SM and they are called out for being LE, among other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg