GUILTY MO - Hailey Owens, 10, Springfield, 18 Feb 2014 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I guess since it said "the body" "removed the trash bags and confirmed it was the body of Owens" made me think she was in one piece. Otherwise, I guess I thought it would say "remains". But since they refer to her as body, it make me think she was whole. Or I hope so. I don't know why I'm so much more disturbed at pieces.

I do think they found her in tact but she had been put in garbage bags. He probably put one bag in and then put another in it to make it stronger or he could have used multiple bags. I do think he was planning to discard her body but didn't get the chance. Thank God.

But if he used a lot of bleach on her little body and face it may be the reason they say she has not been identified yet. Straight bleach would disfigure her.:(

IMO

Imo, these witnesses are heroes. In so many many cases of child abductions no one sees or hears a thing.:( The child just vanishes into thin air and possibly later on they are found murdered or they are never found at all.

This case was wrapped up lightening fast due to the great witnesses that saw all of this happening and tried to stop it and the 30 police officers who hit the ground running from moment one.

IMO

I was amazed to read in that affadavit of probable cause that Michelle (the wife) was "adamant" that the license plate was 1YF 454. Which it was, exactly. Both her and her husband Carlos's descriptions of the suspect were on the mark as well. Considering how fast this all happened (about "10 seconds, if that" according to Carlos), I'm truly impressed with their observational skills, quick action, and clear-headedness in an unreal situation. Would have loved having them for neighbors when MY kids were growing up.

people are broken, this man is broken. I know people have posted that 3 hours is a long time, I disagree.

Ever taken a day off and you are doing a thing or two and BAM, many hours have passed?

I also think if Amber Alerts are to be issued, they need to go out immediately.

IMMEDIATELY.

Especially if they have details....they had a car make and model, tag number and description. IMO they do not need a childs name - any upstanding citizen who may have fit the description and driven the same vehicle would gladly be questioned for a moment to help rule themselves out.

I'm glad they got him, but feel they could review and revisit thier policies and procedures going forward, so maybe the next child could be found alive.

They said there was bleach on the floor. Probably trying to clean up the blood.
Don't know if he used the bleach on her body, would have to had to use it in her body if he was trying to wash away DNA.

There is a website for Missouri Courts. We are all sick and outraged by this horrific tragedy. I believe this is one case to follow in it's entirety to see she has Justice. Many times a week or a month one tragedy puts others in the shadow. He will go for arraignment in the morning. We can go to this website and follow the court records. We should all promise ourselves to do that and meet back here each time he goes to court. And meet back here to share our outrage in the future just as well as tonight. JMO

https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/base/welcome.do

So dh just got home I told him who it was. I kinda figured he might know him since his cousin dated him in HS...and he did know him. Dh and CW partied all the time in HS and CW dad played guitar in dh church. Needless to say dh is in shock.

I have listened all day about the witnesses and what they should have done. Well I for one think they did awesome. The one guy that took after them in the car followed them for some distance until the wonderful 5 o'clock traffic got in the way. I know if I was ever taken or my daughters were I would want these guys and gal as my neighbors.

Cross-posted; my sentiments exactly!

Wonder how many single men keep bottles of bleach in their home?

Wonder how many single men keep bottles of bleach in their home?

I just read up on the Meredith Kercher case. Apparently, Amanda Knox's boyfriend, Rafaelle ?, a single man, had TWO bottles of bleach in his home.

Other than that, I have no idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 documents at link

Feb 19 news release from county prosecutor.

3-count Felony complaint
-felony murder 1st degree
-felony murder 1st degree w deadly weapon
-felony child kidnapping, under age 14

Felony Probable Cause Stmt by detective

RIP Hailey. Healing thoughts and comfort to her fam, friends and all involved.

posted an hour ago.
"....The girl went missing on Tuesday, taken in daylight from a neighborhood street less than two blocks from her home as she walked back from her best friend’s house.
"Craig Michael Wood, 45, a longtime employee of Springfield’s public school system, is charged with first-degree murder, kidnapping and armed criminal action in the fourth-grader’s fatal shooting....
"Greene County Prosecuting Attorney Dan Patterson, who filed charges against Wood on Wednesday,
said he may consider seeking the death penalty...." BBM SBM

http://www.stltoday.com/news/nation...cle_2a651f70-4e25-5b77-98c6-3a91af5bc97e.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500