GUILTY MO - Hailey Owens, 10, Springfield, 18 Feb 2014 #3

https://www.news-leader.com/story/n...-springfield-homicide-warrant-says/302392002/

"The warrant says police recovered suspected drugs and drug paraphernalia inside a mobile home in the 2300 block of West Springlane Street after 38-year-old Kenneth Clark was shot to death.

The warrant says Clark's girlfriend, Stacey Herman, called 911 just after 2 p.m. to report that Clark had been shot in the chest."

"The warrant describes what police recovered from the home — a piece of a glove, cellphones, a shotgun, drug paraphernalia, suspected drugs, ammo, two holsters, a kitchen knife, a bloody towel and DNA swabs of suspected blood.

Herman has become a well-known figure in Springfield after her 10-year-old daughter Hailey Owens was abducted and killed in 2014."

I hit a pay wall on that link, as I used up my 5 free visits following up on Hailey's case. There have been many behind the scenes activities and stories through the years involving Hailey's family that had nothing to do with whether or not Wood raped and killed her and should be held accountable. However much of those things reflected things that could not be brought here, so as not to be victim blaming.

I don't know how to start a thread, so maybe someone could start a thread for this new case and murder involving her Mother. The two cases are not connected but in a way they are. I believe once the Civil case was resolved shortly before the criminal trial concluded and the monetary settlement, there has been a change in lifestyles. Especially when her Husband was busted for child *advertiser censored* and they divorced.

So if a thread is started I would appreciate a link. This murder I'm sure will turn out to be a doozie.

JMO

JMO

We live a mile and half from them when this happened. Hailey was a few months older than my daughter. I was so shocked to hear what Jeff did, I am friends with his dad, they too are still in shock that he would do such a thing. As for Stacey I met her a few times, and she was always nice. I met the new boyfriend once, seemed nice and he loved Stacey. I'm so shocked about how her life has played out. There is a drug issue in Springfield.

Attorney for Hailey Owens' killer says death sentence unconstitutional

A Platte County jury convicted Wood in November 2017, three years after the crime. Jurors were unable to reach a unanimous decision on whether he should be executed.

Judge Thomas Mountjoy had the option of sentencing Wood to the death penalty or life in prison without the possibility of parole. Mountjoy decided the former in January 2018.

Wood's public defender, Rosemary Percival, filed a 136-page brief with the court saying Missouri is one of the only two states that allow a judge to impose a death sentence after jurors could not.

"This court must strike down Missouri’s deadlock procedure," Percival said. "It violates the Sixth Amendment right to trial by jury."

Attorney for Hailey Owens' killer says death sentence unconstitutional

I posted that "Hailey's Law" finally passed the Senate and is now Law in MO. It expedites the process for an Amber Alert so it does not take hours to process one.
I don't know what happened to my post.

JMO

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. — The Missouri Supreme Court has upheld the death sentence for a man who kidnapped, raped and killed a 10-year-old girl in Springfield.

The Springfield News-Leader reports that the court ruled Tuesday that the trial court judge’s decision in Craig Wood’s case was appropriate and that the death sentence wasn’t disproportionate.

Court upholds death sentence for man who killed 10-year-old Hailey Owens

It took a long time to pass Hailey’s Law.

Despite its easy appeal — who opposes improving Amber Alerts for missing children, especially after one failed Springfield’s Hailey Owens in 2014? — it took until July for lawmakers and advocates to see the governor sign their hopes into law.

Officials say the law has gone into effect largely without a hitch.

But advocates say the state is ignoring them again, and they say an alert about a missing 2-year-old in Springfield sent last Friday proves their point.

A key part of Hailey’s Law allowed law enforcement to add “clickable” links to alerts so people could immediately access more information, like a photo of a missing child. Friday’s alert didn’t have one.
76f91103-5165-4ccf-8772-874502a971c7-200117_amber_alert.jpeg

Advocates say Gov. Parson is ‘breaking Hailey’s Law.’ What’s going on?

Just saw this, thanks for the alert in breaking news, @TedMac

GUILTY - MO - Hailey Owens, 10, Springfield, 18 Feb 2014 #3

Springfield community remembers Hailey Owens eight years after tragedy

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (KY3) - Friday marks eight years since a tragedy that shook the Springfield community and sparked changes in Missouri’s AMBER Alert system.

Eight years have passed since the kidnapping, assault and murder of Springfield girl Hailey Owens. This year, she would have turned 19 years old.

“It’s really hard for me to call today an anniversary, which normally is something to be celebrated,” said David Ransin, an attorney representing Hailey’s parents.

Investigators say Craig Wood kidnapped the 10-year-old girl in broad daylight as she walked down a Springfield street before raping and killing her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back