MO MO - Jessica Runions, 21, Kansas City, 8 Sept 2016 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure that I can add a lot to the conversation that hasn't already been said, but I work about 3 miles from where the skulls were found and have a 3rd-hand (is that a thing?) connection to the person that found the original skull. I had to travel into Belton this afternoon and drove past the location. Police had a pretty large area taped off around 12:30 cst, but when I was on my way back to work around 2:45 they had completely closed about 6 miles of highway. I had to travel the "back way" to work.

I sincerely hope that these are Jessica and Kara and that there is evidence to tie them to KY. My heart goes out to the friends and family that have been missing them for so long.

I'm not sure that I can add a lot to the conversation that hasn't already been said, but I work about 3 miles from where the skulls were found and have a 3rd-hand (is that a thing?) connection to the person that found the original skull. I had to travel into Belton this afternoon and drove past the location. Police had a pretty large area taped off around 12:30 cst, but when I was on my way back to work around 2:45 they had completely closed about 6 miles of highway. I had to travel the "back way" to work. I sincerely hope that these are Jessica and Kara and that there is evidence to tie them to KY. My heart goes out to the friends and family that have been missing them for so long.
Thank you for adding this! I was reading earlier that they had closed off around 6 or 7 miles of Missouri Highway Y as well as several miles inside those woods, and they've called in several CSI units, cadaver dogs, and the FBI to help in finding the rest of the remains. Seems there's a lot of manpower involved. I respect so much the work that they are doing, and the rainy conditions here are just making it even harder. It seems they are giving this the diligence it needs.

I'm praying this is it, that Jessica's and Kara's families can begin to have answers and start to heal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

So, I'm still having a hard time understanding why they called the parents down if they cannot confirm identities. Kara's mom has said that she has gotten so many calls over the years when remains were found but the news made it a point that this time was different. KMBC did a live news stream and they took my question and just said basically they have 2 bodies this time and that's more substantial. Do you think they have info they are holding back? I just cannot imagine giving parents hope when they don't have an ID.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, I'm still having a hard time understanding why they called the parents down if they cannot confirm identities. Kara's mom has said that she has gotten so many calls over the years when remains were found but the news made it a point that this time was different. KMBC did a live news stream and they took my question and just said basically they have 2 bodies this time and that's more substantial. Do you think they have info they are holding back? I just cannot imagine giving parents hope when they don't have an ID.

I suppose Kylr could have confessed?

They have to get an official statement from the ME before they can tell the media any definites. Before then they will look at things like the size and condition of the skull to determine it is female, compare it to dental records, etc. They could also have additional evidence like earrings. Then they find another skull, and this one may be less than a year old, perhaps still has hair etc. Then they look at who is missing that fits this profile, and it is Kara and Jessica. And they are together, which fits with a single killer. They had enough reason to call the parents and have them waiting - I think they are just following procedure in how things are being stated to the media because everything has to be very careful now.

I don't think Kylr confessed. Not in a million years. He won't even offer a denial, he just asks, "Did you?"

Re bold: We can't merge threads that are this "old" or it will be all out of sync and the discussion(s) would be totally disjointed. Give me a few minutes to think of the best solution (3 threads don't warrant the need for a sub-forum). I'll come up with something and make sure there is a joint discussion thread.

Attention

I am generating a new thread for both girls - Jessica and Kara Kopensky - that will be in the Located Discussion Forum. It will include links to both girls discussion threads. We will be closing this thread in about 20 minutes.

I'll come back and link the new thread before I close this one.

Thanks!

They have to get an official statement from the ME before they can tell the media any definites. Before then they will look at things like the size and condition of the skull to determine it is female, compare it to dental records, etc. They could also have additional evidence like earrings. Then they find another skull, and this one may be less than a year old, perhaps still has hair etc. Then they look at who is missing that fits this profile, and it is Kara and Jessica. And they are together, which fits with a single killer. They had enough reason to call the parents and have them waiting - I think they are just following procedure in how things are being stated to the media because everything has to be very careful now.

I don't think Kylr confessed. Not in a million years. He won't even offer a denial, he just asks, "Did you?"

Thank you for explaining this to me. I cannot even imagine what the families must be going through while waiting. I wish they were able to give the parents a definite ID right away, but I realize in this case that's probably not possible. I'm just on pins and needles over here and I am a complete stranger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member