MO MO - 'Johnny Lee Mills' aka 'Steven L Johnson' & 'Randi Smith', 13, Maryland Heights, 21 Sep 1990

He was moved to DoeNetwork's closed cases page on 11/14/2023 without much of an explanation at all.

Johnny Lee Mills​

JMills.jpg

Johnny Lee Mills (111DMMO) was reported missing on September 21, 1990. His case was closed per NamUs. No further information is known.

Sorry if this is stupid, I just wanted to ask, is "working the truck stops" a reference to sex work? I never heard this before. I never imagined truck drivers being so openly into picking up boys when their peers might see?
Having never been to a truck stop, is there anything else it could be?
Sorry if that's dumb.

Since he was used to truckers, I guess after running away from the kids shelter the natural thing woukd be to hitch a ride in a truck out of the area. He could have gone anywhere, or met any dangerous trucker. Were there any truckers found to have been preying on young men at that time?

Sorry if this is stupid, I just wanted to ask, is "working the truck stops" a reference to sex work? I never heard this before. I never imagined truck drivers being so openly into picking up boys when their peers might see?
Having never been to a truck stop, is there anything else it could be?
Sorry if that's dumb.

Since he was used to truckers, I guess after running away from the kids shelter the natural thing woukd be to hitch a ride in a truck out of the area. He could have gone anywhere, or met any dangerous trucker. Were there any truckers found to have been preying on young men at that time?
Not stupid at all. Yes, working the truck stops is part of sex work lingo. The overnight lots are dim, and the majority are sleeping to make their quota hours of rest between hours driving. It is also a "mind your own business" atmosphere.

Not stupid at all. Yes, working the truck stops is part of sex work lingo. The overnight lots are dim, and the majority are sleeping to make their quota hours of rest between hours driving. It is also a "mind your own business" atmosphere.
Thanks so much! I would never have imagined this! Every day is a school day!

Thought it was worth mentioning a few weeks ago I had talked to someone through Reddit who mentioned being in a group home in the same area of someone who looked like Johnny Lee Millis. Might have been the same group home, know it was in the St Louis area though which was where he was.

They mentioned if this was him his name was Mike Hembrough and he had a tendency to run off from the group homes and use different aliases.. usually at some point they'd figure out it was him and send him back into them.

He had a brother named Joe but he seemed looking through the web to also use the name Joeseph Hemburough. Which Joeseph looks a lot like the age progressions of Tommy Lee Mills based off a few Facebook profiles I could find looking around.

They told me they were planning on sending some kind of report to local police, but I haven't heard anything back in the past few weeks.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back