MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17 - 2007; Jessica Runions, 21 - 2016; found deceased - *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://fox4kc.com/2017/04/04/two-sk...to-learn-if-they-are-their-missing-daughters/
This article states the families contacted LE and all they have are two skulls of unknown gender. The title reads 'found deceased.' I am confused.
People earlier were saying Kara's family was told to come to the station today so I think people are assuming it is her. However, I'm also confused because I have not seen it confirmed at all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Hoping they have enough to convict this creep and so glad Jessica and Kara can go home to their families. It will be interesting to see if they uncover any other victims where they found these beautiful girls.
:busted:

http://fox4kc.com/2017/04/04/two-sk...to-learn-if-they-are-their-missing-daughters/ This article states the families contacted LE and all they have are two skulls of unknown gender. The title reads 'found deceased.' I am confused.
I noticed that "Found Deceased" as well and I think maybe we're jumping the gun a little bit. I've been following as close as I can today but maybe I missed something. I so want this to be the girls so some amount of peace can be gained by these families and justice can be served, but there has been no (to my knowledge) confirmation on whose remains were found in the woods. There may not be a confirmation for a while if dental records cannot confirm the identity. Also, I just noticed that Kara's name is misspelled as Kopensky in the title. Does anyone know if there a way we can correct it?

http://fox4kc.com/2017/04/04/two-sk...to-learn-if-they-are-their-missing-daughters/
This article states the families contacted LE and all they have are two skulls of unknown gender. The title reads 'found deceased.' I am confused.

I live in the KC Metro area. I am shocked that they are already putting out there that this could be Kara and Jessica when they said don't even know the sex of the bones. There must be something that LE has that ties this to the girls to call in the parents. I am confused also!

I noticed that "Found Deceased" as well and I think maybe we're jumping the gun a little bit. I've been following as close as I can today but maybe I missed something. I so want this to be the girls so some amount of peace can be gained by these families and justice can be served, but there has been no (to my knowledge) confirmation on whose remains were found in the woods. There may not be a confirmation for a while if dental records cannot confirm the identity. Also, I just noticed that Kara's name is misspelled as Kopensky in the title. Does anyone know if there a way we can correct it?

I alerted your post about the name to a moderator.

Wow. I was just reading links about the remains found that could possibly be Kara. Come here to check it out and find 'FOUND DECEASED'. My heart jumped. Is it really her?

[FONT=&quot]Minutes before noon on Tuesday, 41 Action News was speaking with the mothers of Kara Kopetsky and Jessica Runions about the human remains discovered by a mushroom hunter when Belton police called. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“I’m not going to say 100 percent, but my gut is telling me that we may have resolution,” police said in the call that was placed on speaker.[/FONT]
http://www.kshb.com/news/local-news/police-notify-kara-kopetskys-family-human-remains-could-be-karas

Video

https://www.facebook.com/KSHBAndres/videos/vb.603504533042506/1374207995972152/?type=2&theater

I live in the KC Metro area. I am shocked that they are already putting out there that this could be Kara and Jessica when they said don't even know the sex of the bones. There must be something that LE has that ties this to the girls to call in the parents. I am confused also!
I do too and was surprised at first, but they are going to sensationalize it simply because of the notoriety of KY and because Kara has been missing for ten years come May. There's a couple news sources here in KC that tend to have a bad habit of jumping on little snippets of info, sensationalizing their reporting methods, and then having to backtrack because the actual facts just weren't there. The media has also been put on what I'll call a gag order due to Jessica's case being sealed, so they're going to jump to report anything about it that they legally can because people are interested. Some of the reporting I saw today was done in good form, but I've read several articles that jump to conclusions and report almost in a way that confirms all of our suspicions without word from LE. Much of it just comes across as tacky reporting. Now, I've jumped to conclusions here as well. But I'm also not a journalist trusted to deliver the news in an accurate manner, though I do try to be as accurate as possible and not look like a fool :) which all those reporters will after all the sensationalism if this turns out not be Jess or Kara. As far as I can tell, LE are trying to give the media snippets to keep them at bay until they can wrap up what they're doing in Peculiar.

Wow. I was just reading links about the remains found that could possibly be Kara. Come here to check it out and find 'FOUND DECEASED'. My heart jumped. Is it really her?
It's not been officially confirmed yet by LE or the girls' parents. I thought from the minute I saw the article yesterday about the mushroom hunter finding human remains in the woods that it is Kara and I thought they might find more. Then, this morning when they mentioned finding a second skull it kind of confirmed it my mind that maybe they found Jessica too. It gives me chills because I had a dream a few nights ago about them finding both of the girls in the woods near a big farming area. If it's not them, so be it. Someone else finds whatever amount of closure that this will bring. But, the media seems pretty darn sure that this is Jessica and Kara.

KY is a walking billboard for antisocial personality disorder IMO.

This is interesting that 2 people that murdered so young (speaking of KY and Ryan Alexander Duke in the Grinstead case)

Yet b/c of their age no one thought or at least could comprehend at the time that they were capable of such evils. Both finally are being held accountable (hopefully) a decade more or less later. Glad to see movement in these cases lately.

The "Disappeard" episode on Kara is heartbreaking, probably posted on Youtube. Worth watching, just so sad.

The "Disappeard" episode on Kara is heartbreaking, probably posted on Youtube. Worth watching, just so sad.
I'm going to have to watch it again. It's been probably a year and a half to two years since I've watched.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

KY is a walking billboard for antisocial personality disorder IMO. This is interesting that 2 people that murdered so young (speaking of KY and Ryan Alexander Duke in the Grinstead case) Yet b/c of their age no one thought or at least could comprehend at the time that they were capable of such evils. Both finally are being held accountable (hopefully) a decade more or less later. Glad to see movement in these cases lately.
Yes, I believe he is too and that he also has a very bad case of reactive attachment disorder. I believe if anyone wants a good look at what a sociopath or someone with possible antisocial personality looks like, they need to go look at the video of him being transported to Jackson County and his interactions with the journalist that was on site. Or the video of him when he was younger, speaking to a reporter about Kara and stating something about the marks on his arms and a suicide attempt. Anything to bring that focus back on himself and gain sympathy. Or with the video of him being transported to Jackson County, he walks out of the jail and seems somber at first until he sees the media there for him and his face kind of lights up.

If not, I know it's on Amazon but you have to pay to view it. I'm sure it could be found for free somewhere though.

The bravery of these moms is astounding.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/familie...e-after-second-skull-found-in-rural-missouri/

The mother of Kara Kopetsky, Rhonda Beckford, told The Associated Press Tuesday that her family and the family of Jessica Runions were notified about the remains and asked to meet with investigators at the Belton police department. But she said investigators told the families the remains would not be positively identified Tuesday.

The first articles stated that Karas family had been informed that a skull found was likely Karas (paraphrasing)

I posted a tweet with a short video It's in both threads (sorry gone 3am here and I'm on my phone)

Karas and Jessica's Mom were being interviewed when the detective called, if you listen closely he says no confirmation but his gut says it's Kara.

There is also another tweet with another short video with both Moms at the police station where Karas Mom says that they have no confirmation and no ID.

HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member