MO - Katia Lainez, 27, stabbed to death, Kansas City, 4 March 2009

Police Follow Tip On Missing KC Girl

Missing Girl, Father Spotted In San Antonio

A girl missing from Kansas City for nearly a month was spotted in Texas with her father, police said.Kansas City detectives headed to Texas after police received a tip that the girl was seen in San Antonio with her father, Luis Corrales, a person of interest in Lainez's death.San Antonio police said that on Sunday a man wrecked Lainez's 1999 Kia vehicle in their city. They traced the car, which had been missing since the day of her slaying, to the Kansas City girl's disappearance. The man who had the car said Luis Corrales gave it to him four weeks ago.Lainez's sister was waiting anxiously in Kansas City for news about her niece. She told KCTV5 News that she's worried yet relieved to know that police are one step closer to bringing Allyson home.

http://www.kctv5.com/news/19068662/detail.html#-

Thank God she's still alive.

yes, it seems to me that in fact he is in Mexico, with the child, staying with a relative/relatives/girlfriend/ex gf etc. but keeping a very low low profile.
He probably is not working, except perhaps odd jobs, with a friend relative so not to draw any suspicion to him. but a woman perhaps that he is staying with is supporting him.......Has LE here, sent the information to the authorities in Mexico? To his hometown etc, I am guessing that they have. Just speculating on a possible motive for the killing, but he may have come to believe that the woman was using the court system here to take away this child from him.......I don't believe he spoke any English or spoke it very well.........i don't think he even had lived here for more then 5 years but likely 2 or so if that.

Back home in Mexico, if he had any relationship with any gangs there, not as a member perhaps, just an acquaintance, they maybe helping hide him from the local authorities there.

and as a afterthought, i would ask the woman here whom knows him, if she is still around, if he had any relations in Honduras.

ALL MOO AND SPECULATION ON MY PART, NOTHING FACTUAL OR FOR CERTAIN UNLESS OTHERWISE KNOWN TO BE.

Allyson Corrales: Missing child from Kansas City since 2009

Allyson Corrales has been missing, since her mother, Katia Lainez was found dead on March 6, 2009 inside her apartment on 4023 Harvard Circle in Kansas City, Missouri. Her brother-in-law had gone to her apartment and had the manager let him in after the family had not heard from her for days.

Even though police believed that Luis, Allyson's father had taken her, authorities had to deal with legal issues. They could not issue a kidnapping warrant because after Lainez's death, custody of Allyson automatically reverted to him.

Several months later, after police received the DNA tests, they officially named Luis as the prime suspect in Lainez's murder and a warrant for him was issued.

So sad, a mother loses her life and the girl is still missing. :(

Allyson Corrales: Nancy Grace America's Missing

allysoncorrales-blog.gif

An Amber Alert was issued for 3-year-old Allyson Corrales after her mother was found dead inside the apartment she shared with her.

Police believe Allyson’s father, Luis Corrales is to blame for the murder from stab wounds. A warrant is out for his arrest. Police consider him armed and dangerous. He was last seen in San Antonio boarding a bus to El Salvador, but police believe he could be back in the United States. Corrales and Allyson’s mother had recently split and there was a restraining order in place. Police say they couldn’t charge Corrlaes for violating the protective order because he was willingly let into the home.

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/

Jean said on the show that they couldn't even get the lead investigator of the case to come on. Or anyone with the department to take his place.

All it takes is ONE person to care. Sadly, Allyson has very few that do, it seems. :(

She is such a beautiful baby. They seem to think she is living under the radar somewhere out of the country with the man who killed her mother and his extended family. I can only hope that the grandmother or aunt or someone is kind and caring and taking good care of this precious child. This is tragic and I hope they are still searching for her.

Prayers for Allyson.

She is such a beautiful baby. They seem to think she is living under the radar somewhere out of the country with the man who killed her mother and his extended family. I can only hope that the grandmother or aunt or someone is kind and caring and taking good care of this precious child. This is tragic and I hope they are still searching for her.

My guess is she has a different name now as well - and even if the father is back in the US, I bet she is not. I do hope she is safe and in kind hands...

From NCMEC:

Allyson Corrales missing from Kansas City, MO, has been restricted. Please discontinue dissemination of this poster.

Please remove and discard any posters on this case that you have placed in public view.

We greatly appreciate your part in our efforts to reunite families.

Thank you for your support.

The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
www.missingkids.com

Allyson's NamUs profile is still up and I can't find any MSM.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back