GUILTY MO - Kenneth Kyle & Tessa VanVlerah for sex abuse, child *advertiser censored*, Ballwin, 2010

Ex-Cal State East Bay professor sentenced to 37 years for child sex abuse

http://www.pasadenastarnews.com/ci_...7?nstrack=sid:1111203|met:100|cat:227|order:4

March 9, 2012

...Kenneth Martin Kyle, 47, also was ordered to pay $50,000 in restitution for traveling across state lines to sexually abuse a child, said United States Attorney Melinda Haag.

...The infant's 22-year-old mother -- Tessa Van Vlerah, of Ballwin, Mo. -- is facing federal child *advertiser censored* charges in California and Missouri, and has pleaded guilty to child molestation charges in her home state, authorities said.

An update:

A woman who admitted participating in the rape of her infant daughter was sentenced Monday to two consecutive life sentences in prison after her attorneys failed to convince a judge that she should get probation because of a psychological disorder. Attorneys for Tessa L. Vanvlerah, 22,...

Kyle, who met Vanvlerah online, was sentenced in March to 37½ years in federal prison after pleading guilty of abusing the child during several visits to St. Louis in 2009. He first came to authorities' attention through the sharing of child *advertiser censored* online.

Whose crime merits the longer sentence? I wonder if any sentence sufficiently punishes either of these two.
......................................................................................................................

At least the child is in better hands now:

The child's foster mother, who has since adopted her, said in a victim's impact statement that the child initially would scream and cry when someone bathed her or changed her diaper. Today, at age 3, the woman said, the child has night terrors and asks her at each bedtime to make sure nobody else comes into the home.
The woman, in tears, said the girl was, however, getting better day by day now that she "is no longer Tessa's plaything and she is no longer Tessa's child."

An update:

A woman who admitted participating in the rape of her infant daughter was sentenced Monday to two consecutive life sentences in prison after her attorneys failed to convince a judge that she should get probation because of a psychological disorder. Attorneys for Tessa L. Vanvlerah, 22,...

Kyle, who met Vanvlerah online, was sentenced in March to 37½ years in federal prison after pleading guilty of abusing the child during several visits to St. Louis in 2009. He first came to authorities' attention through the sharing of child *advertiser censored* online.

Whose crime merits the longer sentence? I wonder if any sentence sufficiently punishes either of these two.
......................................................................................................................

The child's foster mother, who has since adopted her, said in a victim's impact statement that the child initially would scream and cry when someone bathed her or changed her diaper. Today, at age 3, the woman said, the child has night terrors and asks her at each bedtime to make sure nobody else comes into the home.
The woman, in tears, said the girl was, however, getting better day by day now that she "is no longer Tessa's plaything and she is no longer Tessa's child."

I really think they both should be taken outside and shot. I am just lost for words. This case is beyond any considerations for any special circumstances to be heard. It is pure evil. Death is the only answer.

This is a stomach turner, no punishment is enough.
Thanks for the update..
Goz

Finally, an update. Up to 30 years:

http://www.contracostatimes.com/rss/ci_18155942?source=rss&nclick_check=1

Former Cal State East Bay professor pleads guilty to child sex abuse

"Former Cal State East Bay professor Kenneth Kyle has been convicted of sexually abusing a child. Kyle pleaded guilty on Thursday in federal court to traveling across state lines to engage in sex acts with a child younger than 12. Kyle, 47, of San Francisco, was an assistant professor of justice studies when undercover FBI agents discovered he was sharing child *advertiser censored* over a peer-to-peer network...."

and

"....The ensuing investigation revealed Kyle had been visiting an infant in St. Louis, Missouri over a six-month period in 2009 and molesting the child with the mother's cooperation..."

and

"...After the FBI first made contact with Kyle, the agency contacted San Francisco police, who obtained a search warrant for Kyle's apartment and found computers with thousands of child *advertiser censored* images and videos.....

and

"....Kyle and 21-year-old Tessa Van Vlerah of Ballwin, Mo. took photos while sexually abusing a 13-month-old girl during Kyle's visits to the St. Louis area...."

and

"...Van Vlerah is also facing child molestation and child *advertiser censored* charges. She and Kyle were indicted in California and Missouri. A sex offender in Missouri who was actively trading child *advertiser censored* was also arrested, prosecuted and convicted on Missouri state charges...."

more at link

Let us not forget what was going on.

Hell is not even good enough

Prayers for the victims, esp. this sweet baby.
Amen

Goz

Sometimes there just isn't an adequate term in existence to describe people. We need a new all-in-one word to describe this level of scum. I just can't think of a bad enough word in existence to use for them.

I agree Belinda. I am reading the whole thread over and I can't come up with a word, a punishment, anything.. I am overwhelmed.

Goz

An update:

Thank God someone has the baby now who will show her love and hopefully be able to help her through life to forget this.

Prayers for this baby.

read about this sentencing this morning. So glad the judge did not fall for the boo hoo/passive/diminished capacity carpola the defense attorney was dishing.

I cannot even type the awful things I hope are awaiting this in prison.

Well all I can say is I'm pleased she received a life sentence. All too often, these predators are let back out. At least this court acknowledged she is the devil.

What is wrong with these people????????? They are sick! At least they are going to prison for a long time. Federal prison is not kind. When they say life, it is life with no parole.

Hi,
I was thinking of this case today. Tessa got 2 consecutive life sentnces, plus 20 years. Does that effectively mean LWOP? I mean, how much time does she have to serve on the first life sentence before she starts serving the second one?
TIA!

Sometimes there just isn't an adequate term in existence to describe people. We need a new all-in-one word to describe this level of scum. I just can't think of a bad enough word in existence to use for them.

Amoeba poop? Doesn't get much Lowe than that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pechi_eupa
Back