MO MO - Kylan Stubler, 17, Columbia, 21 April 2011

Shelley, how is the weather there? From what I have gathered here and there, MO is getting hit pretty hard by storms.

Very strange that they're considering him an "adult" at 17. I would call that hinky... I live about 20 miles east of Columbia and this is the first I'm hearing... if you have any FB links, I'd like to share them with my son and his friends who go to school in Columbia.

That's Missouri.

Shelley, how is the weather there? From what I have gathered here and there, MO is getting hit pretty hard by storms.

Today was cloudy, but yes Friday was severe thunderstorms. Also, rained some early Saturday, & rained most of the day on Monday. Yesterday was nice & sunny.

Another update from connectedmissouri.com

The family also created a Facebook page in hopes of spreading the word of his disappearance. (you can find it at the above connectmissouri link).

Family members now believe the last time someone saw Stubler was Friday morning. A friend came forward and said Stubler had stayed at his house Thursday evening, but left early Friday morning.

Another update from connectedmissouri.com

The family also created a Facebook page in hopes of spreading the word of his disappearance. (you can find it at the above connectmissouri link).

Family members now believe the last time someone saw Stubler was Friday morning. A friend came forward and said Stubler had stayed at his house Thursday evening, but left early Friday morning.

Article also states Crimestoppers is offering an additional $1,000 in the case. That's in addition to the $10,000 by family.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-Us-Bring-Kylan-Home/211200872238013

The Facebook link as well.

Watching news. No leads. 10000 reward by family. 2:30pm on Thursday he was seen on surveillance at Breaktime gas station on Conley rd. Friend last saw him when Kylan left his place Friday morning.

Watching news. No leads. 10000 reward by family. 2:30pm on Thursday he was seen on surveillance at Breaktime gas station on Conley rd. Friend last saw him when Kylan left his place Friday morning.

I wonder if anyone else besides that 1 friend saw Kylan leaving the friends home that morning.

Just wondering if perhaps something bad happened that night. Too much alcohol or accidental OD drug ingestion, or fight over a mutual girlfriend?

My 19 yr old daughter has called us from parties twice where guys have begun fighting each other over nothing and created havoc. Just last weekend during spring break she was at a beach party camp out where 20 friends home from school were camping at the ocean and 2 guys, best friends, started fighting each other over a girl and park rangers kicked them all out of the park. I had to drive to Malibu at 1 am to pick her and her gf up.

So if Kylan spent the night there, maybe others were there also, and something escalated out of control?

I wonder if anyone else besides that 1 friend saw Kylan leaving the friends home that morning.

Just wondering if perhaps something bad happened that night. Too much alcohol or accidental OD drug ingestion, or fight over a mutual girlfriend?

My 19 yr old daughter has called us from parties twice where guys have begun fighting each other over nothing and created havoc. Just last weekend during spring break she was at a beach party camp out where 20 friends home from school were camping at the ocean and 2 guys, best friends, started fighting each other over a girl and park rangers kicked them all out of the park. I had to drive to Malibu at 1 am to pick her and her gf up.

So if Kylan spent the night there, maybe others were there also, and something escalated out of control?

I think those are excellent thoughts. I really hope LE interviewed this friend intensively. Also, as you mentioned, anyone else who may have been in the home. What did they do that night, did Kylan say where he was going, what was his demeanor (nervous, angry, scared, etc), etc.

Also, he apparently did not have a car, so how did he leave the friends home? Did someone pick him up? Are they walking distance from one another?

I think/hope he might be hiding out. Checked case net & he had court April 14 for felony possession charges.

I think/hope he might be hiding out. Checked case net & he had court April 14 for felony possession charges.

Maybe, but I don't think so. His next scheduled hearing for it is May 18 @ 2pm, according to casenet. That is quite a ways a way. Why not hide out closer to that date?

Also, his family says this is abnormal for him not to contact ANY family or friends. I believe it, especially if they are already dishing out $10,000 for his return.

I also don't see anything on casenet about having court on April 14th. I see that he was arrested on 02/19/2011 & his next court date is May 18th.

Surveillance video from the Break Time convenience store at 900 Conley Road shows Stubler there at 2:03 p.m. last Thursday, shortly after he left his father's house, Latisha Stroer, public information officer for the Columbia police, said.

Swetz said that later that day, Stubler was seen at the Dollar General at 3020 Paris Road and that he was visibly upset. But there is no surveillance video or police confirmation of this sighting.

~~snip~~

Police said Stubler had been living with friends and did not have a permanent residence, a driver's license or a car at the time of his disappearance.

According to Missouri Case.net, Stubler was charged with felony marijuana possession after he was arrested on February 19. He was released on a $4,500 bond, and a preliminary hearing on the charge was scheduled for May 18.

http://www.columbiamissourian.com/stories/2011/04/27/press-conference-kylan-stubler/

I also don't see anything on casenet about having court on April 14th. I see that he was arrested on 02/19/2011 & his next court date is May 18th.

Docket entries.

04/13/2011 Docket Entry: Hearing Continued/Rescheduled
Text: STATE BY xx. DEFT APPEARS PERSONALLY AND BY xxxx. CONTINUED AT PARTIES REQUEST TO APRIL 13, 2011 TO RESET. LB/V (MC)
Associated Docket Entries: 03/17/2011 - Preliminary Hearing Scheduled

Associated Events: 04/13/2011 , 14:00:00 - Preliminary Hearing

Docket Entry: Criminal Setting Scheduled
Associated Events: 04/13/2011 , 17:00:00 - Criminal Setting

Casenet also shows his mother plead guilty to voluntary manslaughter in 1995 & 3rd degree assault in 2004 & was still given joint custody in 2007.

I know we're not supposed to sleuth family members but was thinking possible associations could have something to do with his disappearance.

Casenet also shows his mother plead guilty to voluntary manslaughter in 1995 & 3rd degree assault in 2004 & was still given joint custody in 2007.

I noticed on his myspace page there was mention of his father, but no mention of his mother. I'm assuming his mother was in and out of prison and he was "raised" by his father/father's family.

Does his charges mention "intent to sell" or are they only possesion charges?

I noticed on his myspace page there was mention of his father, but no mention of his mother. I'm assuming his mother was in and out of prison and he was "raised" by his father/father's family.

Does his charges mention "intent to sell" or are they only possesion charges?

Possession Of Controlled Substance Except 35 Grams Or Less Of Marijuana { Felony C RSMo: 195.202 }

Possession Of Controlled Substance Except 35 Grams Or Less Of Marijuana { Felony C RSMo: 195.202 }

Thank you. I don't know how strict the laws are in MO, but I doubt he would have received any jail time for that, which IMO wouldn't give him a reason to go into hiding.

I'm local...do I have to be verified if I don't have any inside information?

From a local TV station http://www.abc17news.com/news.php?id=1925

***UPDATE THURSDAY 4:24 P.M.***

Family and friends of Kylan Stubler, 17, have planned a candlelight vigil from 7 to 9 p.m. in Bethel Park in south Columbia.

I rarely watch the local news on TV because I am online so much, but in my little corner of Columbia no one is talking about this disappearance. I'm glad the stories online are being updated. There is also a small blurb in the local paper on page 2, but nothing new. He's such a nice looking boy. I hope he has just made a bad choice, but one that he can reverse and learn from.

I wonder if 17 is legal age in MO, and that is why they consider him an adult?

IMO, even if he's technically an adult, if his family and friends say that this is out of character for him to go off and not be in contact, then it needs to be followed up aggressively. Sounds like they have already begun interviewing friends and family, so that's good. But getting a description of the car to the public would be a huge help too. If it's got tinted windows, it might be "souped up" in other ways that might make it stand out in peoples' minds, and remember seeing it, or knowing who the owner is.

Yes, to an extent. Missouri is a very confusing state in this regard. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mtnbee
Back