MO - Laclede Co., Hunter Finds Body in Box, Nov'08 - Sharon Sabla

My fisrt thought was how far is Bolingbrook, Illinois (Stacey Peterson) from here.

I'm guessing it is about 400 miles?

Description of S. Peterson: http://missingexploited.com/2007/11...ssing-since-102807-in-bolingbrook-il-updates/

She was last seen in Bolingbrook wearing a red jogging suit
Height: 5-foot-2
Weight: 100 pounds
brown hair
brown eyes
Peterson has a tattoo of a blue and yellow carnation on the small of her back and a scar across her stomach.

The body that was found by the hunter does not match.

Maybe someone was stalking the john doe and then attacked and kidnapped her at night time; either waking her from sleep or around when she would go to sleep.. hence the pajamas

She could also have been made to change clothes. Meaning,just becasue she was found in pajamas does not mean they were the clothing she had on when she was kidnapped. (I am assuming she did not leave w/someone of her own accord) I am thinking this woman will not be local to the area. The person who killed her will be someone who has done this kind of thing b4. (serial killer?) I am also willing to say that the murderer will be a blue collar worker, access to heavy equipment, and will drive a pick-up. He will be not be a young person meaning he will not be in his 20's. There could be a 2nd party involved. If there is, one of the perps will be much younger than the other. (remember the Washington, DC snipers. Malvo and.......?) However, most likely it will be a white male who acted on his own. Possibly a truck driver.

I'm thinking that it was someone close to her because of how she was dumped, too. They were afraid, I think... that's why even though they covered her in concrete, they dumped her so quickly.

I mean if it was a serial killer wouldn't they have tried to bury her or something? Unless they wanted to be found and wanted to send a message by doing something as terrifying as burying the woman in concrete in a box and then just dumping her.

Gosh, I want some answers!

I'm thinking that it was someone close to her because of how she was dumped, too. They were afraid, I think... that's why even though they covered her in concrete, they dumped her so quickly.

I mean if it was a serial killer wouldn't they have tried to bury her or something? Unless they wanted to be found and wanted to send a message by doing something as terrifying as burying the woman in concrete in a box and then just dumping her.

I feel the same way~ I want answers! Serial killers are notorious for being very self centered and narcissistic. Often they will enjoy a cat and mouse game w/ LE. They like to think they are smarter than the authorities. (Think of BTK, Zodiac Killer, Son of Sam) So, they could have very well placed the container in a location that would eventually be found.

I am curious why you think she may have been dumped quickly? I had not thought of that aspect. I was thinking more along the lines of she was encased in concrete for awhile, and eventually dumped when and where the perp. felt comfortable.

Does anyone know how long does it take concrete in that type of container to solidify?

Does anyone know how long does it take concrete in that type of container to solidify?

It does not take long for concrete to cure, maybe a day or so. However, it gets stronger the longer it sets. Here are a couple of links for more information.

http://www.cement.org/basics/concretebasics_concretebasics.asp

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071218055023AAFyfMR

The medical examiner and coroner believe that the woman was dead for about ten days to two weeks before she was found.

I don't think that a hunter killed her and dumped the body. A hunter would have known that firearms deer season was going to open shortly, and that bow season was already underway. IMO that raised the chances of the the body being discovered dramatically.

A barbed wire fence is what stopped the slide of the box. There lies another clue, it that tells us that whomever did this was not familiar with the area and farms around there.

Just my thoughts.

The medical examiner and coroner believe that the woman was dead for about ten days to two weeks before she was found.
QUOTE]

Was this information in the papers or on a website? Would you please give the link. Thanks.

I have a friend who is male and just recently got married and now he has disappeared off the face of the earth in St. Louis. He lived with this woman... I haven't heard she was missing or anything but this is very strange that there is no one reported missing that matches such a detailed description as having a gall bladder surgery and a hysterectomy.

It does not take long for concrete to cure, maybe a day or so. However, it gets stronger the longer it sets. Here are a couple of links for more information.

http://www.cement.org/basics/concretebasics_concretebasics.asp

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071218055023AAFyfMR

I don't think that a hunter killed her and dumped the body. A hunter would have known that firearms deer season was going to open shortly, and that bow season was already underway. IMO that raised the chances of the the body being discovered dramatically.

A barbed wire fence is what stopped the slide of the box. There lies another clue, it that tells us that whomever did this was not familiar with the area and farms around there.

Just my thoughts.

There are some products now where it takes even less time. A lot of them sold at Lowes or Home Depot. When the men put up our fence post they poured a particular type of fast drying Quickcrete in the holes and the concrete was already thickened enough in an hour to hold the post erect and in place.

That is why the concrete finishers have to work fast when they are working the concrete to a smooth finish.......it is drying quickly but the full curing is the entire concrete area not just the upper surfaces. The larger the project, deeper thickness or different PSI concrete mixtures makes curing times variable.

This case smells to me like it was someone who knew her and knew she could be tied to them. No stranger would go to all this trouble to conceal the body in concrete imo.

And they sure had to have an area that gave them access to do all this. From mixing the concrete, having the box, pouring it in and then moving it to another location. Concrete is the heaviest product known, even heavier than steel so it makes me wonder if they had help moving the box. Most likely the body was prepared in the perps own shed where bags of cement may have already been there.

We can thank hunters, fishermen and campers. They locate a lot of bodies that would probably forever remain missing.

Just my thoughts.........

Serial killers usually leave their victims in plain sight and posed. They place them out in remote areas but I have never heard of one concealing the victim in concrete. They have no need to........they aren't connected or linked to the victim in any way........

I agree.........she knew her killer.

imo

In regards to the time limit of when she died and when she was found, the only thing I can think of is that the hunter and police at the scene who opened the box were able to tell immediately that she was caucasian. I don't know much about decomp, but it would seem that the time frame needs to be relatively quick to tell the person's skin color.

I am not happy that there has been nothing regarding this case. It seems to me that LE in this area is pretty tight lipped about some things. I don't like it. I would personally want to know if this was a suspected serial killer or if it was suspected that this was someone the victim knew, especially if I lived very near the area.

I have a friend who is male and just recently got married and now he has disappeared off the face of the earth in St. Louis. He lived with this woman... I haven't heard she was missing or anything but this is very strange that there is no one reported missing that matches such a detailed description as having a gall bladder surgery and a hysterectomy.

He lived w/ the woman that was found in the box? I am confused by this post. Help............:rolleyes:

Thanks for the concret links Kathee!

Do you have a link to the coroners comment?

Thanks Kathee! I am so happy to have something new on this case. Are you local to the area?

Thanks for the info Kathee. Did the coroner state why he does not think she is local. Is it possible she is local, but has not been reported missing? I was hoping for the Bruce family that Dana had been found.

He lived w/ the woman that was found in the box? I am confused by this post. Help............:rolleyes:

I think she meant that he lived with A woman, not the particular woman that was missing. So her male friend is missing and she doesn't know where his female companion is and that maybe this is her?

I think she meant that he lived with A woman, not the particular woman that was missing. So her male friend is missing and she doesn't know where his female companion is and that maybe this is her?

Thanks PG!
Sometimes, I am a little slow................:rolleyes:

Flossie

Yes, I llive in the Springfield area.

There are some products now where it takes even less time. A lot of them sold at Lowes or Home Depot. When the men put up our fence post they poured a particular type of fast drying Quickcrete in the holes and the concrete was already thickened enough in an hour to hold the post erect and in place.

It looks to me like quikrete is sold in 80 and 90lb. bags. I am not a contracter, but it appears that one bag would make a good amount of product.

The woman was found in small (4 1/2 foot by 2 foot) hinged plastic tool box. It wouldn't take much concrete to fill the box after her body was placed in it.

http://www.quikrete.com/

I wish they would release a picture of the woman, or at least a sketch. Or have they done this and I have just missed it?

wow, if she was around 5'5 or so and the box was only 4'5 long, she must have either been dismembered or folded up?
Isn't a body hard to fold after it is dead?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph
Back