MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bradley is not married to Irwin said Judy.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::great:

no link I just made up that example.

So the *new* and different things that day/night:

- new stray kitten
- new job for dad (a night job)
- first time door left unlocked
- new cell phone to program
- new routine (mom with three kids at night)
- somewhat rare dumpster far not too far away

Anything else? TIA...

The only thing I would add....and I don't know if it was new specifically to that day...is baby Lisa has a cold and cough.

I can understand the parents being crazy out of their minds with fear & worry for their baby. Yes, I know people do have breakdowns. Maybe the parents do need this rest ... even though I don't understand it.

I think the only way my family could convince me to take a break and rest in this sitution is by assuring me they would take charge with handing out posters, flyers, organizing searches, talking to LE, media ... doing anything, talking to anybody to keep people looking for my baby. Is the extended family resting today too?

I realize I sound harsh, but I just don't understand any of this. All JMHO

yesterday pm, yes.

today, no.

as far as i know

So yesterday was a 'day of rest' but they still talked to media. Just no work on searching? To me this gives the lie to the family being at breaking point and needing rest.

I can understand the parents being crazy out of their minds with fear & worry for their baby. Yes, I know people do have breakdowns. Maybe the parents do need this rest ... even though I don't understand it.

I think the only way my family could convince me to take a break and rest in this sitution is by assuring me they would take charge with handing out posters, flyers, organizing searches, talking to LE, media ... doing anything, talking to anybody to keep people looking for my baby. Is the extended family resting today too?

A couple of pages back, people were posting that the family is getting fliers, buttons and t-shirts printed.

Years ago, I very briefly "lost" my child in TJ Maxx. He was out of my sight for probably two minutes total, and it turns out he had hidden from me in a clothes rack.

During that very long two minutes, I marched through the immediate ailes, saying his name every time my heart beat, and I know this because I could feel my heart beating out of my chest.

I have a feeling it would be similar if my child ever goes mysteriously missing. I don't even know if I could take the time to sit in a police station, or sit in my home to interview with TV stations.

Imagine what your heart, head and chest would feel like after about 48 hours and intensive questioning, light bulbs flashing, children at home sobbing, media reporters calling, friends and family calling, public making speculations on blogs, your missing child's face all over the tv set, knowing someone entered your home, wondering who took your child, wondering if she is ill-hungry-afraid, not getting a required proper sleep for the brain and body to function and think properly, continual crying....when you add all that up....it should be clear to anyone posting that "they would be searching every second' ...that at some point the body must have rest/sleep and that certainly judging what one would do "in that position" is much easier to say than to actually live the nightmare. I don't know if Baby Lisa was kidnapped...at this point all I can do is pray that is the case and that she will be located safely.

- new stray kitten
- somewhat rare dumpster fire not too far away

Anything else? TIA...

..baby's bedroom door open.

...dad came home to find "most of the lights on" which he said was weird.

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2011/10/0...-exclusive-interview-with-baby-lisas-parents/

In this exclusive preview clip, Judge Jeanine asks Jeremy and Deborah Irwin, “What’s the next thing you remember?” after realizing that their child had gone missing from her crib.

Deborah responds saying,

“Him[Jeremy] coming in the bedroom saying, ‘Why are the lights on?’ you know, ‘why is the screen popped out of the window?’ Lisa’s bedroom door was open, and we always close it when she goes to sleep at night. He ran back and checked … came in the room and said, ‘Where’s Lisa? Where’s she at?’ I ran back and said, ‘She’s in her crib?’ He said, ‘She’s not there.’ And we got up and started screaming for her and looking everywhere, and she wasn’t there.”

I did not state as fact that anyone is selling tshirts.

I'm sorry you didn't understand my post.

Did you say this, "Let me guess. They're selling the shirts. But of course, you can't sell flyers."

Okay, then it seems you're implying, and not stating as a fact, that because she is not distributing fliers, for some nefarious reason she's selling t-shirts instead. And what's wrong with selling t-shirts if the $$$ goes in a trust fund for a reward? Perhaps your last sentence isn't clear as to what you're trying to communicate. I'm only asking, and trying to understand.

By the way, I asked DH about the metal detectors in their back yard and what he thought LE could be looking for. He said that cell phone batteries have a lot of metal in them.

Just thought I'd pass along his comment.

Thanks. I'm gonna rant now. Not directed at you! This is the worst case of semantics I have seen. Seems there is a difference of views between the parents and LE. Cooperating vs cooperating. Meeting with that agency is not our agency, hence the parents haven't met with us. Parents haven't sat down with us in person means we haven't communicated with them at all.

Sigh.
Thumbs up.

The parents reluctance to sit and talk with LE is a bad sign...but a sign of what? Being afraid of LE in genera??l Or being afraid of becoming suspects?

Cause from where I sit, the parents are unofficial suspects if they don't talk with LE. How can they not talk to the men and women searching for their baby?

And what is up with the mother saying a stray cat was in the bed with her and her son the night the baby disappeared? Another useless piece of information.

I know this sounds crazy but----------
What are the chances the mom was at the party? Did she leave the older children to care for the baby and something happened?

imo

That is because you are not living it. It is one thing to "know" what you would do when you are well rested and in a normal frame of mind....another as to what you would really do if you were losing your mind with fear and heartbreak.

Deleted - just saw Belimom's post with same list of "firsts" (but better!)

You make some really good points. Finding a stray kitten is as rare as a fire in a dumpster. imo. Usually if there is one stray there will be more. Wonder if someone did give it to the child and at the same time asked him about his family, brothers, sisters, etc. Kind of out there but so is someone coming in the house and stealing the baby. jmo

You may be being facetious, but dumpsters fires are common and the pounds are filled with stray cats and kittens - maybe that's why not a lot of attention has been given to either.

I think the landfill searches are significant - the police obviously have a reason to be searching there more than once. I'm curious about the Starbucks construction site. They usually have roll-offs. Had this been picked up that morning? I know a lot of waste companies pick up roll-offs and service dumpsters in the middle of the night.

There is a race today. It's being shown on ESPN right now. There is a relatively good sized crowd.

Practice race draws less than the Sunday race. I hope there is someone in the Kansas Speedway organization [1-866-460-RACE (7223)] that can help with an announcment sometime during the race. If they can also get fliers to the crews they will then go national.

I think LE has searched high and low for three-four days this week, as the very local member here has confirmed.
I don't understand why so many members seem to be anti-LE in this case; the only things they've said is that they need to talk more with the parents, need their cooperation. It is the mother who has said everything else, and possibly put words in LE's mouth.

I don't believe LE told her "we have nothing." I do believe they probably told her they have nothing to show that anyone came inside and took her baby...she may have excluded that part. JMO

Thumbs up.

The parents reluctance to sit and talk with LE is a bad sign...but a sign of what? Being afraid of LE in genera??l Or being afraid of becoming suspects?

Cause from where I sit, the parents are unofficial suspects if they don't talk with LE. How can they not talk to the men and women searching for their baby?

And what is up with the mother saying a stray cat was in the bed with her and her son the night the baby disappeared? Another useless piece of information.

I know this sounds crazy but----------
What are the chances the mom was at the party? Did she leave the older children to care for the baby and something happened?

imo

Wait. What party?

- new stray kitten
- somewhat rare dumpster fire not too far away

Anything else? TIA...

screen popped out of window

8 yr old just had a birthday 2 days before (?)

Just some thoughts here.....a possible theory....pure speculation and I'm not saying this is what happened, but it sure would make sense to me.

Let's say the 2:30 am phone call did take place and that the call wasn't made by the teen but was a call to the teen. Maybe Mom called the teen asking her to come watch the boys because she had to run out on an emergency with Lisa. Maybe the teen never saw Lisa directly except for maybe being wrapped in a blanket, mom also takes the phones. So the teen goes over and watches the boys while mom is gone. Mom comes home, all the lights are on because it's the middle of the night and the teen has turned the lights on because that's what teens do when they babysit late at night. When the teen leaves, she leaves out the front door. Mom goes in to check on her son who is sleeping in her bed, he stirs so she lays down with him to try to get him back to sleep. Meanwhile, time passes and the lights are still on in the house when Dad comes home.

Maybe the teen didn't come forward when the story broke lose because (s)he was scared - I certainly would be. Maybe the police traced the phone call to the teen and went to question the teen who told her story. DNA samples would be taken from the teen in this situation, not just to back up the teens story but to clear the teen. If this is the case, this teen is a direct witness and needs to be protected. This teen would also be an unwilling/unknowing accessory to the crime. That would be a very scary place for any teen to be in.

Again, this is just a possibility to explain the phone situation and the alleged teen that was allegedly reported to be in the family's home the same day that Lisa disappeared.

Did you say this, "Let me guess. They're selling the shirts. But of course, you can't sell flyers."

Okay, then it seems you're implying, and not stating as a fact, that because she is not distributing fliers, for some nefarious reason she's selling t-shirts instead. And what's wrong with selling t-shirts if the $$$ goes in a trust fund for a reward? Perhaps your last sentence isn't clear as to what you're trying to communicate. I'm only asking, and trying to understand.

I get it. There's money to be made selling t-shirts vs giving away posters......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crybaby6