MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very active on the internet, as far as I can tell...I don't really understand this need for family members to take to the gossip sites to defend family members during an active search for a child, but JMO.

Could be the family overreacting to the media coverage of the Casey Anthony case. Also, if certain family members are not local or are otherwise unable to participate with a search or putting up fliers, etc, it may make them feel useful to use social media. MOO

http://www.kctv5.com/story/15647944/police-again-questioning-missing-babys-parents

Kansas City police are again questioning the parents of a missing 10-month-old infant.

Debbie Bradley and Jeremy Irwin had agreed to conduct a 10 a.m. interview Saturday with KCTV5 about the disappearance of their daughter, Lisa Irwin.

The interview was abruptly canceled because the parents had agreed to meet with detectives to talk about the disappearance of baby Lisa, a family spokesman told KCTV5.

Nice catch! That's really good news.

If the father came home at 4 am and a call to 911 went out at 4:04 am then whose phone was used for this call? If they were in a panic to find baby Lisa, they would be running around the house for the phones? Did they search the entire house first before calling 911 (basement/bathroom/yard etc.?) She could stand and likely could crawl. How close is the closest neighbour? Is their a company phone inside of the work van? 4 minutes is a lifetime when there is a panic. But if a neighbour helped with a phone, did they wake up right away to answer the door with a phone handy? So many questions.

Perhaps his own cell phone that was on his person while he worked (and not with the 3 allegedly stolen phones), or a work cell phone?

Hey curiositycat I hadn't heard this yet. Do we have a link that this happened?
Thanks.

here ya go grandma :)

On Friday, a teenage neighbor of Lisa's parents was questioned by investigators and forensic experts took a DNA sample, a source told ABC News. That neighbor was apparently at the home the day Lisa vanished and also knew the access code to the family's garage.

http://a.abcnews.com/US/missing-baby-lisa-teen-questioned-police-california-tip/story?id=14695496

ETA I hate when MSM uses the "source" - it makes it harder to establish if the source is credible. But that is probably just my own suspicious nature.

I was just thinking about the conflicting information regarding parent's cooperating with LE or not....with the FBI being here as well as local LE (KCPD) I wonder if the parents are talking with FBI and not KCPD and KCPD has their "feelings hurt" (not sure how to word that nicer...lol...as it seems that KCPD is still the lead LE on this case and FBI is only assisting...that could explain the differing statements regarding cooperation.

Also, during this down time waiting for news here is an article that some may find interesting regarding the KCPD and Precious Doe.
http://muskogeephoenix.com/local/x434661146/Man-who-fought-for-justice-dies/print

Please don't get me wrong...I was so impressed early on with KCPD and the handling of this case...but as the days pass I start to really question some of the things they have and have not done. Again, my mind returns to Kelsey Smith's case and the handling of it. Completely different LE strategies between the two.

I guess my point is, as easy as it is to change our minds and doubt the parents, it is just as easy to have doubts or a lack of faith in LE. Just seems like it goes both ways....guess that is why I am still on the fence. :)

I am beginning to wonder if the parents really did set this up. If so, that would be great news... because the baby is probably still alive and safe.

It's possible. And although, I think they'll only make money off this situation until Lisa is found, they may have the assumption that the gravy train will be rolling for years after Lisa is found and the hoax is discovered. Didn't Balloon Boy's dad think they would get a reality show after the son was found? Well, that hasn't happened. Parents making a hoax out of their child's disappearance is very rare and sensational, but I don't think it's something the general public will want to hear about for months/years to come. There's no story there.

re unnecessary information being put out there:

Many of us here just days ago were very caught up with debating on some of this very information that is now being deemed unnecessary.

ie. what Lisa was wearing when put down. Why cel phones were on the counter. The layout of the home. Who had access to the home. etc. etc. etc.

We never know what is helpful and what is not til we look at it all in hindsight.

My own thinking is, parents are giving more facts about things we out here have all been speculating about. This suggests to me that friends and family are monitoring public opinion and comments on the web.

Unfortunately, if true, I don't think it a very fruitful activity. I don't feel it gets them any closer to bringing their daughter home. :(

I agree. Knowing more details about what she was last wearing IS important. I read that her top had kittens on it. Are they cartoon kittens? Hello Kitty? Realistic kitten representations? No one knows because photos of similar clothing has not been given to the media or to LE to release to the public. This is very strange to me.

Thanks for the link peeps. This was news to me this morning. :)

Yes, the baby appears to be very regular looking. Blue eyed, blond, round face. No specific characteristics that stand out.

Just jumping off this post. That's why what she was wearing matters eg. what type of diaper? what size diaper? etc.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/15647944/police-again-questioning-missing-babys-parents

Kansas City police are again questioning the parents of a missing 10-month-old infant.

Debbie Bradley and Jeremy Irwin had agreed to conduct a 10 a.m. interview Saturday with KCTV5 about the disappearance of their daughter, Lisa Irwin.

The interview was abruptly canceled because the parents had agreed to meet with detectives to talk about the disappearance of baby Lisa, a family spokesman told KCTV5.

Oh thank God!!!! Prayer works! :)

kansas city police are again questioning the parents of a missing 10-month-old infant.

Debbie bradley and jeremy irwin had agreed to conduct a 10 a.m. Interview saturday with kctv5 about the disappearance of their daughter, lisa irwin.

The interview was abruptly canceled because the parents had agreed to meet with detectives to talk about the disappearance of baby lisa, a family spokesman told kctv5.

great!

Yes, the baby appears to be very regular looking. Blue eyed, blond, round face. No specific characteristics that stand out.

The baby has a birthmark on her thigh. That's pretty specific, and unique even if it's not readily noticeable. That will be one good way to identify her right away if she's ever found with someone else.

Very active on the internet, as far as I can tell...I don't really understand this need for family members to take to the gossip sites to defend family members during an active search for a child, but JMO.

Good point.

Maybe the family should be doing something more productive. :innocent:

I was just thinking about the conflicting information regarding parent's cooperating with LE or not....with the FBI being here as well as local LE (KCPD) I wonder if the parents are talking with FBI and not KCPD and KCPD has their "feelings hurt" (not sure how to word that nicer...lol...as it seems that KCPD is still the lead LE on this case and FBI is only assisting...that could explain the differing statements regarding cooperation.

Also, during this down time waiting for news here is an article that some may find interesting regarding the KCPD and Precious Doe.
http://muskogeephoenix.com/local/x434661146/Man-who-fought-for-justice-dies/print

Please don't get me wrong...I was so impressed early on with KCPD and the handling of this case...but as the days pass I start to really question some of the things they have and have not done. Again, my mind returns to Kelsey Smith's case and the handling of it. Completely different LE strategies between the two.

I guess my point is, as easy as it is to change our minds and doubt the parents, it is just as easy to have doubts or a lack of faith in LE. Just seems like it goes both ways....guess that is why I am still on the fence. :)

How can we know what they (LE) hasn't done? They have said many times that if we (public) have thought of it, they (LE) have tried it. I am not ready to underestimate LE, or to question them. As much as this is a "victim friendly" site, it has always been "LE friendly" as well, and my take on cases I have followed lead me to stick with LE. JMO

The baby has a birthmark on her thigh. That's pretty specific, and unique even if it's not readily noticeable. That will be one good way to identify her right away if she's ever found with someone else.

Not if she's wearing long pants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members