MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be surprised if this is a teenaged perp. It would go against all statistics....not impossible, just unlikely.

Did they earlier say update at 6 pm KC time? Couple mins away... I don't see a live stream on the kmbc live updates page, anyone else see any other media outlets with a live stream link up?

Police say missing baby's parents yet to sit down for questioning

Updated

Detectives are again searching for clues at the home of missing 10-month-old infant Lisa Irwin.

A CSI van arrived at the Northland home after 5 p.m. Saturday. Detectives are again using metal detectors in the baby's yard.

Police had hoped to again question Lisa Irwin's parents on Saturday but an interview has yet to be arranged.

Debbie Bradley and Jeremy Irwin had agreed to conduct a 10 a.m. interview Saturday with KCTV5 about the disappearance of their daughter, Lisa Irwin.

The interview was abruptly canceled because the parents had agreed to meet with detectives to talk about the disappearance of baby Lisa, a family spokesman told KCTV5.

But police say the details of an interview have yet to be worked out.

"We reached out by phone this morning, but have yet to sit down with them," Capt. Steve Young, spokesman for the Kansas City Police Department, told KCTV5 Saturday afternoon.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/15647944/police-again-questioning-missing-babys-parents

That is an interesting title for the article. It implies that the parents have never sat down and talked to LE. Taken out of context like that just it feeds the fuel,imo.

According to the article, it was a DNA sample.

On Friday, a teenage neighbor of Lisa's parents was questioned by investigators and forensic experts took a DNA sample, a source told ABC News. That neighbor was apparently at the home the day Lisa vanished and also knew the access code to the family's garage.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-baby-lisa-teen-questioned-police-california-tip/story?id=14695496

Not sure what I think of the teenager-as-the-perp angle. However, I don't believe that (1) LE would take a DNA sample if it wasn't a serious possibility, and (2) I don't know of many parents who would consent unless the evidence or reasoning was strong.

I don't have a landline any longer and live in the "boonies". All this phone talk makes me want to buy a pay as you go phone to hide in case something happens and my cell phone is taken.

CliffJudy Cliff Judy
CSI crew is back at the #LisaIrwin home with metal detectors. http://img.ly/9dL6
2 minutes ago

There is something specific they're looking for with that MD. I don't think 've seen a case where MD were brought in.....twice?

Some of the possibilities that were brought forth by posters:

cell phones
sim card
Baby Lisa jewelry or earrings (if she had any on)
weapon

Anything else?

This could be a babysitter, we don't know, just a teen who was obviously close to family, had the garage access code or something, so they took DNA, possibly for elmination purposes. We don't know.

Right.. but there is NO way the garage was used as the in and out for an abduction. If anyone has an electric garage attached to their home they know the entire house shakes when the door is opened/closed. I'm sure it was just to eliminate her fingerprints/DNA

"Police cancelled the Amber Alert Tuesday night on what they call a technicality. Authorities say Amber Alerts are most useful in the hours following a disappearance when a suspect may be attempting to flee with or harm a child. It is a way of immediately alerting the public to increase vigilance.

Once 12 hours have passed, Amber Alerts are often called off as searches continue. Kansas City police said that cancelling the Amber Alert does not change the nature of the search.

"Lisa Irwin is still considered a missing/endangered juvenile," police Sgt. Stacey Graves said in a news release."
http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-missouri-baby-parents-make-emotional-plea-return/story?id=14670008

Not sure why, but I'm calling bull on this reason. I believe 100% in LE on this case and they must have a reason for canceling the Amber Alert. But I don't believe it was for a technicality. JMHO

Is this the first time a CSI van goes to the home?

Anyone else feeling extra anxious right now? I feel like something big is coming, with the parents suddenly sitting down again, activity at that other house, and the metal detectors back? :(

Not sure why, but I'm calling bull on this reason. I believe 100% in LE on this case and they must have a reason for canceling the Amber Alert. But I don't believe it was for a technicality. JMHO

I agree.

I don't believe this was a teenager's crime, unless the teen was acting under the directions of an adult. Its too sophisticated and sneaky to be a juvenile acting alone.

No problem. These threads are spinning like a slot machine. Very hard to keep up and I am a speed reader!

Hopefully the slot machine lands on 777 with a Jack Pot and Pumpkin Pie is found safe, warm and happy! I'm still holding out hope

Anyone else feeling extra anxious right now? I feel like something big is coming, with the parents suddenly sitting down again, activity at that other house, and the metal detectors back? :(
Yep. Got a little frisson of something-or-other after BeanE's posting the metal detectors tweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname