MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, Jeannie. Please excuse my ignorance. I rushed to catch up tonight, and somewhere I read "all" lights. Most is not all, but it still raises questions.

You did. It has been told several times that all the lights were on. I had been looking for that article and posted it behind you. Not even intentionally. I saved a lot of articles!

I've been looking for one that told what kind of dogs were used but can't find specifics. Just search dogs. Doesn't help!

There is a listing with the phone company for a landline at this addy for JI.

If that phone was used to call brother locally would that call be traceable?

If the brother was parked down on the river it would not be a long walk back to her house then take baby back to his car.

Deb could have done cleanup necessary. ..I am not saying that this happened..but it could have happened this way.

My understanding is that all calls would be traceable.

You are not alone in the worst mom ever category secretagent. Many of us here are discovering we are not very good mommies.

No Kidding!! I just wish we could back off with the judging posts like "What kind of mom would...." and "Me and every mom I know never...."

Can we just stop and think for a minute before posting? If you don't do it, is that simply a personal preference? Is there a reason why someone else might? If your child went missing tomorrow, would you want the court of public opinion to judge you by such arbitrary criteria?

This thread should not be for taking crack shots at the choices other moms make. This thread is for Lisa.

MOO.

What we don't know are the conditions the dogs were trying to track. The dogs track skin cells but if the baby left the house swaddled and carried, it could prove difficult.

And I'd hate to say this, but if the baby left the house in a container of some sort, it would be difficult too.

Where are you sweet baby?

They don't even call each other by name, it's "he" did this and "she" did that. I find that a bit odd. A time or two Judge Jeanine interrupted her and said "Who is he?" and Debi said, "Jeremy"

Hm, I dunno. I don't find that odd personally.

However, I do find it odd when couples call each other by name. My hubby and I are "honey" and "boo-boo" If I ever use his name it's because I'm trying to get his attention when my littles are being rowdy since they are "honey" and "boo-boo" too :smile:

So sorry to all if I have been guilty of this. I am getting tired. I'm sure we all are. I will re-examine my comments. Thanks for the reminder.

BBM I think this little girl has captured our attention and I for one want to read that she has been found. I have one hour til the fam gets home from a powwow and I would like to believe that I will get lots done before that but I know I will just stay here and keep reading.

I think the boy was in her bed to either calm him down because he heard the commotion or to be a barrier to Jeremy, who would come home tired from work and expect to go to bed without lifting and carrying her son back to his own bed.

I think something serious was going on between this couple before Lisa went missing. Reminds me of Kyron's case.

JMO

All of my children have slept with me at various times in their lives.....and sometimes all 3 would find their way into my bed at once. Sometimes they just wanted to be close to me and talk.
It had no suspicious connotations at all, and I wasn't trying to use my children to cover up anything. In some families it's just normal for a child to sleep with a parent from time to time.

Hi everyone,
I am a REALLY infrequent poster. I don't tend to have time to WS except when a certain case catches my eye.

Anyway, as the parent of two young children myself, something is bothering me. It's probably trivial, but I find it very strange nonetheless.

Why is the official description of the child saying 30 lbs? My 18 month old, who is a BIG girl (high %ile compared to other kids her age), is only 25lbs. My son was a little heavier, but still nowhere near 30 lbs at 10m.

30 lbs. makes ZERO sense. Even 20 lbs is a big kid at 10m old.

I guess one of the things that bothers me about this is that you'd think the parents would know their child's size for a few reasons:

1. Because infant medication goes by weight, so you have to keep general tabs on their weight, even if not EXACT.

2. Because most kids have a ~9m pediatrician check-up appt., so a freshly measured weight would be in their memory, you'd think (unless they aren't providing standard medical care, that is).

3. Because the sizes in children's clothing corresponds to certain height-weight ranges. If they are publicizing her as 30 lbs yet she wears size 12m clothes, it's immediately clear that the weight is not possible.

Anyway, even though it's a small detail, it just seems weird and makes me wonder how in tune people surrounding the baby and the case overall actually are.

I thought the 30lb weight description was off too! My three year old is 36 lbs. I think by looking at the picture of Lisa if she was 30 lbs. she would look a lot fuller but she looks normal.

bbm

Did the dog bark then?

I would have questioned this my self at first but in the same time frame that his car was broken into we had a broken scooter taken from our driveway (good riddance though!). I would have thought we would have heard our dogs bark because I sleep so lightly. Either they didn't bark or it was like the only time I have slept thru anything!

Hi everyone,
I am a REALLY infrequent poster. I don't tend to have time to WS except when a certain case catches my eye.

Anyway, as the parent of two young children myself, something is bothering me. It's probably trivial, but I find it very strange nonetheless.

Why is the official description of the child saying 30 lbs? My 18 month old, who is a BIG girl (high %ile compared to other kids her age), is only 25lbs. My son was a little heavier, but still nowhere near 30 lbs at 10m.

I guess one of the things that bothers me about this is that you'd think the parents would know their child's size for a few reasons:

1. Because infant medication goes by weight, so you have to keep general tabs on their weight, even if not EXACT.

2. Because most kids have a ~9m pediatrician check-up appt., so a freshly measured weight would be in their memory, you'd think (unless they aren't providing standard medical care, that is).

3. Because the sizes in children's clothing corresponds to certain height-weight ranges. If they are publicizing her as 30 lbs yet she wears size 12m clothes, it's immediately clear that the weight is not possible.

Anyway, even though it's a small detail, it just seems weird and makes me wonder how in tune people surrounding the baby and the case overall actually are.

:seeya:, please stay and discuss the case with us.

You've made an excellent point. I commented on the baby's height. If you look at her recent pictures, she is tall for her age. (I also think 30lbs is a bit much for a 10 mo. old to weigh.) No way she wears 12 mo. cloths if she weighs 30 lbs.

My loved one is a year old, weighs 20 pounds and wears 9-12 month clothes.

imo

My understanding is that all calls would be traceable.

I know that the phone company did not keep up with local landline numbers for many years..only long distance.

we need a phone co person to advise. And if the call is traceable without the phone being tapped..how long does it take to get those records.

Hi everyone,

You're right! I always just figured she must be a really big girl, but I just googled an infant growth calculator and those figures are way off the charts!

Also, along the lines of the child's weight:

If a parent THINKS the child is 30 lbs when she's actually 20 lbs, and baby is sick with a cold, mom or dad gives the baby some medication according to the guidelines on the bottle, accidentally OD's the baby.... Who knows.

With a cold, a parent would most likely give Benadryl to clear the nose so baby can sleep. However, Benadryl acts like a sedative, so I wonder what would happen if baby got too much of it?

All of my children have slept with me at various times in their lives.....and sometimes all 3 would find their way into my bed at once. Sometimes they just wanted to be close to me and talk.
It had no suspicious connotations at all, and I wasn't trying to use my children to cover up anything. In some families it's just normal for a child to sleep with a parent from time to time.

..definitely, me too.

..but for jeremy to specifically ask her "..and why is M***, the 5 year old, in bed with you???"

..makes it sound like it was out of the ordinary here.

And I'd hate to say this, but if the baby left the house in a container of some sort, it would be difficult too.

Where are you sweet baby?

Yes but even if we don't know, it wouldn't surprise me if LE had a cadaver dog sniff the home. Can't swear to it, just sayin.

As much as I think the dad's first night could have something to do with it - as in, someone knew he would be away - it's also possible to me that this was a random opportunity for a drug user who was casing the neighborhood looking for things to steal that are sellable. The lights make me think that because turning on a lot of lights and being generally unaware that others might be in the house is the kind of out-of-it thinking that someone would do while high.

It might have been just their luck that the mom and boys slept through it. The druggie mights have scooped up phones and a cute sellable baby and left with an accomplice in a car.

Then again, in most scenarios like this, the addict seems to make a sandwich and go to sleep in one of the beds....

Sorry, just trying to make sense of, who WOULD turn on the lights? Someone who thought no one was home, or would be disturbed.

Holmes: So, it comes down to the curious incident of the dog barking in the night.
Watson: But the dog didn't bark in the night.
Holmes: Yes, and that was the curious incident.

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, "The Hound of the Baskervilles"

ETA: That's from memory, the book is in my office... I've quoted it in briefs to courts, more than once...But the language I'm sure is off.

I would have questioned this my self at first but in the same time frame that his car was broken into we had a broken scooter taken from our driveway (good riddance though!). I would have thought we would have heard our dogs bark because I sleep so lightly. Either they didn't bark or it was like the only time I have slept thru anything!

Are there problems with vandalism in that neighborhood? Has it been mentioned what was taken from the car? TIA

I thought the 30lb weight description was off too! My three year old is 36 lbs. I think by looking at the picture of Lisa if she was 30 lbs. she would look a lot fuller but she looks normal.

My boyfriend's granddaughter was 22lbs at FOUR months old. But she was a little chunk. She wasn't nearly as small as Lisa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500