MO - Marquell Jackson, 18 mos, beaten to death, St Louis, 27 May 2011

How sad...this little innocent baby never asked to be born and then go through such events. RIP little angel.

wait what? wow. Sounds like they just couldn't make a case. Boyfriend who slept in a car in the alley near the trash bin said he did it, at Mom's request.

They are still asking for anyone who knows anything to come forward so we have got to hold on to hope that justice will come for this beautiful little guy.

Thanks for this tragic update, mikkismom.

Susan Ryan, a spokeswoman for St. Louis Circuit Attorney Jennifer Joyce, would not explain why the charges were dropped, saying Joyce does not discuss closed cases. Anyone with information about the case should call police, she said.

St. Louis police spokeswoman Schron Jackson said an internal investigation has begun to determine if an officer might have compromised the case by not sharing information "critical to the investigation" with homicide detectives. She would not elaborate.

Rosenblum said one of Jackson's ex-boyfriends, who often slept in his car in the alley near the trash bin, told investigators he killed the child but Melissa Jackson forced him to do it.

"They didn't have much against Melissa except for some strange circumstances," Rosenblum said. "It seemed to me they had a better suspect that they decided never to look at."

http://www.dailyjournal.net/view/st...ba5425101d7/MO--Child-Trash-Bin/#.Ul13ftLEOfZ

BBM So is the damned case closed or not because the BBM is unclear. If the case is closed then why contact police with information? Why, if they feel the mother did not do it after all, are they not pursuing the boyfriend who apparently states he DID do it?

WTF?! Someone beat this child to death and someone is still walking around among us, perfectly able to do so again, with another child???

You know, when I see that a newborn has been thrown away in the trash like this, although it is horrible, I can kind of see how it can happen. If you have not bonded with your baby during your pregnancy, maybe because you have never admitted to yourself or anyone around you that you were indeed pregnant, maybe you have no emotional connection to that baby.

But we are talking about an 18 month old here. She has had a year and a half to bond with this child. She fed him, changed his diapers, soothed him (I hope) when he cried. How can you throw your 18 month old child in the garbage? My brain doesn't go there. I can't understand it.

But then again, if there's something in you that allows you to beat him to death, I guess all bets are off.

I don't get it either flutter. I have 3 kids myself my youngest just turned 1. There is so much going on when you care for a baby. You are constantly thinking or doing something for your baby.

If you can't handle the one child you have.Do NOT put yourself in a position to have another child. Instead of hurting a innocent child give your baby to a family who will care for it. Get your tubes tide or practice substance.

I do not even have children and this hits me just as it does you, with children. Trust me, maternal instincts exist, regardless.

When I first read this, I thought it seems odd that a mother would do this. They DO this sometimes, but it's much more often the boyfriend.

Yep, sure enough.

Susan Ryan, a spokeswoman for St. Louis Circuit Attorney Jennifer Joyce, would not explain why the charges were dropped, saying Joyce does not discuss closed cases. Anyone with information about the case should call police, she said.

St. Louis police spokeswoman Schron Jackson said an internal investigation has begun to determine if an officer might have compromised the case by not sharing information "critical to the investigation" with homicide detectives. She would not elaborate.

Rosenblum said one of Jackson's ex-boyfriends, who often slept in his car in the alley near the trash bin, told investigators he killed the child but Melissa Jackson forced him to do it.

"They didn't have much against Melissa except for some strange circumstances," Rosenblum said. "It seemed to me they had a better suspect that they decided never to look at."

http://www.dailyjournal.net/view/st...ba5425101d7/MO--Child-Trash-Bin/#.Ul13ftLEOfZ

BBM So is the damned case closed or not because the BBM is unclear. If the case is closed then why contact police with information? Why, if they feel the mother did not do it after all, are they not pursuing the boyfriend who apparently states he DID do it?

WTF?! Someone beat this child to death and someone is still walking around among us, perfectly able to do so again, with another child???

The audio portion of the report states that there is no statute of limitations on murder, and that they are considering charging the boyfriend. Although in the beginning of the report they state the case is closed. I think only the case against the mother is closed.

After the boy's grandmother reported him missing, officers found his body in the trash bin.
He had suffered brain trauma, neck injuries, multiple rib fractures and multiple liver lacerations that caused internal bleeding.

-------------------

Melissa Jackson spent about 10 months in jail before posting bail and being released in March 2012.

http://www.dailyjournal.net/view/st...ba5425101d7/MO--Child-Trash-Bin/#.Ul88GRCohLy

WHERE is the baby she was pregnant with? :please:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back