MO MO - Peggy Lynn Alt, 17, High Ridge, 2 March 1985

Do any locals know if Peggy was acquainted with (Curtis) Wayne Wright or Diana Braungardt? Wright was recently arrested for the murder of Dr. Teresa Sievers in FL, the wife of his childhood MO friend, Mark. Wright is also a POI in the disappearance of Ronnie Bolin of Hillsboro in 1996. His car was abandoned and he has never been found. Diana disappeared in 1987. Her car was abandoned and she has never been found. In 2005 Amanda Jones disappeared from Hillsboro. Again, her car was abandoned and she has never been found. Brian Westfall was apparently the father of her unborn child and the last to see her. He and CWW may have known each other. We are looking at these and other missing person cases in Jefferson county to see if there may be connections. <modsnip>
Here are links to the threads for these people.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...al-City-11-March-1987&p=12122663#post12122663

Has anyone heard anything else on Peggy? I found one article written in The a Leader written by Tracey Bruce, it's not letting me use the link for whatever reason. She still hasn't been found and the digs provided no new information. <modsnip> So sad. I hope her sisters get closure soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Peggy Lynn Alt – The Charley Project
Peggy Lynn Alt
  • peggy_lynn_alt_1.jpg
  • peggy_lynn_alt_2.jpg
  • peggy_lynn_alt_3.jpg
  • peggy_lynn_alt_6.jpg
Peggy, circa 1985; Age-progression to age 44 (circa 2011)

• Missing Since03/02/1985
  • Missing FromHigh Ridge, Missouri
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • Date of Birth03/04/1967 (52)
  • Age17 years old
  • Height and Weight5'0, 125 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry DescriptionA mid-length plaid winter coat with gray cuffs; a photo of the coat is posted with this case summary.
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Blonde/brown hair, brown eyes. Peggy has a burn scar on her left bicep. She may go by her middle name, Lynn.
Details of Disappearance
Peggy was last seen in High Ridge, Missouri on March 2, 1985, two days before her eighteenth birthday. She packed her belongings, left her family's home and never returned. It's unclear whether she left alone or with someone else. She has never been heard from again.

Although she may have left of her own accord and some agencies classify her as a runaway, foul play is now suspected in Peggy's disappearance. Her case remains unsolved.

936UFFL

I wonder if this UID could be Peggy? Age, race, height estimate and timeline fit. Peggy lived in Missouri and this UID was found in FL. In one of the recons the noses look similar. Are there any rule outs on Namus for Peggy?

ADMIN NOTE:

Some posts that are in violation of Websleuths TOS have been removed.

Peggy is still listed as a Missing Person at both NAMUS and Doe Network. If someone has knowledge of her whereabouts, they are advised to contact the LE detachment in charge of investigating her case.

If LE publicly acknowledges that Peggy is voluntarily missing, that she is safe and well, or if the information about her disappearance is removed from both NAMUS and Doe Network, then we will know the case is resolved.

Until such time, this discussion will remain open to people who care about Peggy. Others who join strictly to incite conflict will be banned.

Posts containing hearsay and rumor have been removed. Please remember, if you state information as fact, you must provide a supporting link to MSM, LE, or another WS approved source unless you are a Verified Insider.

We welcome family members or anyone who knew Peggy personally and invite them to apply as a Verified Insider in this case. The following link explains Websleuths Verification process and has instruction on how to apply to become verified. Once verified, a VI does not have to provide links to support what they have to say about the case. In all other respects, Verified Insiders must adhere to the same rules that apply to all regular members.

Link to the Verification Process for Professionals or Insider Members

Link to Websleuths Terms of Service (aka The Rules)

According to Doe Network's update page her casefile was updated on 5/27

3044DFMO - Peggy Lynn Alt

PAlt.jpg
PAlt3.jpg
PAlt1.jpg
PAlt2.jpg

Circa 1985; Senior Photo circa 1985; Coat last seen in; Age progressed to age 44 years (circa 2012)

Name: Peggy Lynn Alt
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: March 2, 1985
Location Last Seen: High Ridge, Jefferson County, Missouri

Physical Description
Date of Birth: March 4, 1967
Race: White
Height: 5'0"
Weight: 125 lbs.
Hair Color: Strawberry blonde
Eye Color: Brown
Nickname/Alias: Lynn
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Burn scar on left bicep

Identifiers
Dentals: Not Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Available

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Coat (see photo)
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance
Peggy was last seen leaving her home on foot. Her dad reported her missing soon afterward. The investigation into her disappearance was called off 11 days later. Who or why the search was canceled is unknown. Her case was reopened in 2011, Peggy's family never realizing the case had been closed. Foul play is suspected.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Jefferson County Sheriff's Office
Agency Contact Person: Lt. Doc Coombs
Agency Phone Number: 636-797-5562
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: 85-2605

NCIC Case Number: Unknown
NamUs Case Number: 9849
NCMEC Case Number: 1168960

Information Source(s)
NamUs
NCMEC
Leader Publications (Festus, MO) - May 28, 2015
3044DFMO - Peggy Lynn Alt

What happened with the detectives investigating for Alt?

<modsnip: Speculation not based on any known connection to this case>
they found nothing. another person has moved into their old house maybe they will come take a look again

Does anyone know what happened to all of the Alt kids? I have tried searching for them and have found nothing. I am sure the girls have all married and I don't remember many of the boy's names..as I was in school with most of the girls.
i am friends with bobbie on facebook but ive never talked to her about this.

*BUMP* For Peggy and family. Sister Bobbie Kelley, I hope is alive and well in Poplar Bluff. I assume she's done interviews over the years and probably still looking for answers? She could probably write a book if she hasn't already!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin
Back