MO MO - Phoenix Coldon, 23, St. Louis County, 18 Dec 2011

Bumping for Phoenix and her family. Please post words of encouragement to the Coldon family. It's the least we can do.

Thank you,
Tricia Griffith
Co-owner Websleuths.com

I hadn't been familiar with this case. Phoenix is a beautiful young woman and obviously so much loved by her folks. I have no idea what the answer is here, but I pray that it comes soon.

I hadn't been familiar with this case. Phoenix is a beautiful young woman and obviously so much loved by her folks. I have no idea what the answer is here, but I pray that it comes soon.

Its been way to long! It's just weird that there is no indication whatsoever of what has happened to her.

As a local, I've followed this case from the beginning. I have my own theory about what happened, and sadly, everyone on this thread has seen it too many times to count. Phoenix was a such a bright, beautiful girl- just coming into her own.

As is common with young women of this age, only after she vanished did her parents learn some details about their daughter that were not previously aware of. For example, the apartment her mother had co-signed for her to live in wasn't shared with a female roommate, but with Phoenix's own boyfriend. She was not, contrary to her parents' belief, enrolled at UMSL, nor was she taking classes.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...7b2-5e20-83ea-30665dc6e877.html#ixzz1u09NhLa8

Why did she feel the need to live a double life? Would her reality have been unforgivable to her parents? They are so devastated by this loss, this unknown.

Surely she is not the first 18-19 year old to spread her wings, take a break from school... even live with a boyfriend. I find it odd that her boyfriend refuses to have any contact with her family. I want to know what she was hiding from them- was it as simple as her parents were really strict, or was she involving herself in something dangerous?

Regardless, I have always hoped that more attention would be paid to this case. Too many women are missing and/or dead in the Metro Area here in St. Louis. In fact, I believe too many women have vanished since 2000 or so for it all to be a coincidence. I realize many of the cases are wholly unrelated, but it is a stretch to assume all of them are.

I assume, much like I would have at that age and as an only female child, that her parents would not give her money for living expenses, books, fees, and tuition, nor pay for her car and phone, if I wanted the perks of adulthood without the responsibility. That is a lot of money to be given, apparently without having to provide any grades, book or tuition receipts.

I'm new to this case as well. Phoenix and her parents are in my thoughts today. I haven't read all the articles, but the one about the hoax (terrible, terrible thing for someone to do) mentioned that her glasses, purse, and shoes were found in the vehicle:

Coldon said police also did not complete an inventory sheet when the vehicle was found. "According to the officer, he did not do an inventory sheet because there was nothing in the car," she said. "That was not true. When we checked the vehicle at the impound there (were) lots of things in it, including her glasses, her purse with her driver's license and her shoes."

I'm particularly curious about the things that were left, including her shoes, unless she had another pair on and was going to change somewhere. Also, it mentions her purse being found but not her cell phone. I wonder about that, as she was apparently on her cell before leaving her home.

Please forgive me if this was previously discussed (I need to read back posts).

Here is an opinion. Since the car was found in a rough neighborhood, the most productive effort would be to post cash rewards in that neighborhood. If the flier were designed properly it could encourage information.

It appears very possible the two cases are related. A key question might be the exact time of death of the other girl. If there is any indication that she was alive more than a day, i. e. did not go directly from her car to the spot she died, it would bode well for this girl to possibly be alive, though not in pleasant circumstances.

Phoenix disappeared Dec 18 in St Louis. She was well raised and had a lot of skills that would have served her well in surviving, negotiating her survival, with possible abductors. She was also rebeling against her family and would have been attracted to dangerous types.

Stacey English was reported missing Dec 27 in Atlanta. She apparently disappeared after evicting her boyfriend but her boyfriend claims she was having a psychiatric episode. 36 years old driving a white 2006 Volvo. Her body found almost a month later. Her boyfriend went to St Louis after she evicted him.

As someone pointed out above, Phoenix disappeared near a river. It seems obvious that when someone disappears near a river the river should be dragged. But the police don't seem to have been too enthusiastic about this investigation.

This series of events sounds like the kind of sequence that often precedes uncovering bizarre crime rings, like human trafficking as a few people might have suggested. Even if neither of the girls is high priority for law enforcement, the coincidence should be, since if both were abducted there could be any number more, abducted in slightly different ways across a wide area.

What a tragic case! Did they ever find who she spoke to the day she went missing? Did LE ever check traffic cams for the area her car was found? People just don't disappear. Are the police still involved in looking for her?
Praying for answers.
Love to the Coldon Family.

As a local, I've followed this case from the beginning. I have my own theory about what happened, and sadly, everyone on this thread has seen it too many times to count. Phoenix was a such a bright, beautiful girl- just coming into her own.

As is common with young women of this age, only after she vanished did her parents learn some details about their daughter that were not previously aware of. For example, the apartment her mother had co-signed for her to live in wasn't shared with a female roommate, but with Phoenix's own boyfriend. She was not, contrary to her parents' belief, enrolled at UMSL, nor was she taking classes.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...7b2-5e20-83ea-30665dc6e877.html#ixzz1u09NhLa8

Why did she feel the need to live a double life? Would her reality have been unforgivable to her parents? They are so devastated by this loss, this unknown.

Surely she is not the first 18-19 year old to spread her wings, take a break from school... even live with a boyfriend. I find it odd that her boyfriend refuses to have any contact with her family. I want to know what she was hiding from them- was it as simple as her parents were really strict, or was she involving herself in something dangerous?

Regardless, I have always hoped that more attention would be paid to this case. Too many women are missing and/or dead in the Metro Area here in St. Louis. In fact, I believe too many women have vanished since 2000 or so for it all to be a coincidence. I realize many of the cases are wholly unrelated, but it is a stretch to assume all of them are.

It would seem she was leading a life quite different from what her parents thought she was. If they want to find out what happened to her, they need to be looking at her real life, not the made up one.

The media reports all seem to focus on the made up version, so the attention they generate is probably not going to produce anything useful. As hard as it might be to do, sometimes you have to get rid of the stylized angels wings and look at reality instead. That is where you will find the answers.

What a tragic case! Did they ever find who she spoke to the day she went missing? Did LE ever check traffic cams for the area her car was found? People just don't disappear. Are the police still involved in looking for her?
Praying for answers.
Love to the Coldon Family.

It would be helpful to know if her cell phone went with her or was found in her purse. Regardless, LE could trace that last call she received or made. From reading earlier posts, it sounds like LE may have thought she may have left willingly and perhaps didn't pursue her disappearance as comprehensively as possible. How unfortunate if that's the case. The fact that her purse was left in the Blazer suggests that she left in a hurry, IMO. Also, her glasses were found in the vehicle. It appears that she also had contacts, which she may have had on. But if she was planning on disappearing, it seems like she would have taken her glasses, too. You can't wear the same contacts forever.

How frustrating to read that her car wasn't tied to her disappearance right away and searched at that time. So many days wasted. My heart breaks for her and her family.

I grew up in a home school home with parents that were overbearing and religious. I often snuck around and did things because I felt like they were a normal part of growing up that I was being denied. I didn't want to deal with the backlash and lectures on sin from my parents. I felt like I had to lead a double life. My parents didn't know my friends and only found out about my now husband after we'd been engaged for several months. I didn't feel like I could come to them with anything. I now live 2,000 miles away and while my relationship with them is better, they still only know what I want them to know. I wasn't a "bad" kid. I didn't start drinking until I was 22 and have never touched drugs. But by their standards I was "wild" and "sinful".

Judging by the fact that she wasn't enrolled in school and was living with her boyfriend unbeknownst to her parents, I would guess that she too was attempting to get away from her parent's grasp. It sounds like she was leading a double life, but that doesn't necessarily mean that she was doing shady or illegal things. Maybe she wanted to do normal things that her parents wouldn't allow. I often fantasied about packing up and leaving and never speaking to any of them ever again. I never went through with it, but maybe she did. The lack of attention on this case could be enabling her to live in hiding.

The lack of attention on this case could be enabling her to live in hiding.

Curious if you mean "enabling" in a negative or positive way.

If you believe Freud and Jung and the rest, it is privacy, a protected personal space, 'temenos' etc that allows a person to become an individual. The pathology is not in anyone who overvalues independence and privacy, but in those who live to be part of 'the group'. I don't remember the exact context, but Jung refered in one of his books to the "mass men", people who never become individuals, never escape the group.

In this case it seems like the coincidence has to be discounted before a person speculates that there was no crime. But if there was no crime then it is better to ignore the case, as you might be suggesting.

It would be helpful to know if her cell phone went with her or was found in her purse. Regardless, LE could trace that last call she received or made. From reading earlier posts, it sounds like LE may have thought she may have left willingly and perhaps didn't pursue her disappearance as comprehensively as possible. How unfortunate if that's the case. The fact that her purse was left in the Blazer suggests that she left in a hurry, IMO. Also, her glasses were found in the vehicle. It appears that she also had contacts, which she may have had on. But if she was planning on disappearing, it seems like she would have taken her glasses, too. You can't wear the same contacts forever.

ITA. If harm has come to her, I hope it is uncovered. If, on the other hand, she pulled a disappearing act, I hope she reaches out to her family at some point to let them know that she is safe and unharmed.

Thinking of the Coldon family. I am so sorry for your suffering. I really hope you receive some good news soon.
:rose::rose::rose:

Does anyone else see, in Stacy's case, a similarity to Teleka Patrick, but without the Twitter information?

Curious if you mean "enabling" in a negative or positive way.

Neutral as possible. I'm not sure what I think of this case. Those were just elements from the story that jumped out to me and I was just suggesting that it is possible that she left on her own. I honestly hope this is what happened, because the other options are much more grim. If she left on her own, she has to have people helping her. If there is more attention on this case, there is going to be more pressure on her and those around her to come clean. It will also cause her world to become a lot smaller. Maybe she's comfortable now running small errands (ie picking up milk), but when every store has her missing poster on it, she's not going to be able to do that anymore.

Given the area and the circumstances that she went missing in I can see stranger abduction as a viable option too. I think bottom line, this story needs more attention for her family to get answers

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2
Back