MO MO - Rosie Schlicker, 20, Kansas City, 14 March 1978

i find rosie’s case so very interesting, after first seeing her on missouri’s missing persons report i just had to find out more about her. why was there very little information on her, such as who reported her missing? what about her family? and what was she doing at the truman medical center that day? so many key details are missing from this case description i just wish i knew more.

I previously posted this in Loy Evitts' threat, wondering if there's a connection, now sharing here:

Rosie disappeared after leaving Truman Med Center -Hospital Hill location in KC- and Loy's purse was found a few minutes from (formerly named) Truman Med Center East (TMC East) in Lee's Summit (now renamed University Health Lakewood Medical Center.)

If there really is a connection between the two cases, the abductor could have had an affiliation with TMC. Perhaps he was an employee or he delivered supplies or repaired equipment where he was familiar with both locations? He could have followed Rosie after she was discharged. Maybe a year earlier, he was on his lunch break and randomly saw Loy that day? It would at least place him in that particular area of KC.

It would also explain how he would know the remote area where TMC East was, not far from where Loy's purse was discarded. I still think that whoever dumped Loy's purse out there, either knew the area or at the very least, knew that it was isolated. Not much was out there back then, aside from the hospital.

I previously posted this in Loy Evitts' threat, wondering if there's a connection, now sharing here:

Rosie disappeared after leaving Truman Med Center -Hospital Hill location in KC- and Loy's purse was found a few minutes from (formerly named) Truman Med Center East (TMC East) in Lee's Summit (now renamed University Health Lakewood Medical Center.)

If there really is a connection between the two cases, the abductor could have had an affiliation with TMC. Perhaps he was an employee or he delivered supplies or repaired equipment where he was familiar with both locations? He could have followed Rosie after she was discharged. Maybe a year earlier, he was on his lunch break and randomly saw Loy that day? It would at least place him in that particular area of KC.

It would also explain how he would know the remote area where TMC East was, not far from where Loy's purse was discarded. I still think that whoever dumped Loy's purse out there, either knew the area or at the very least, knew that it was isolated. Not much was out there back then, aside from the hospital.
i wonder why rosie was in the hospital in the first place though. if she has been taken when she was discharged, why would the abductor randomly choose her, unless there was some kind of connection between them to begin with.

We don't know why she was at the hospital. It may be that there was no foul play involved; she might have been there because of a mental health crisis, a drug overdose, or some other reason. I'd like to know why she was there, although release of such information (if records even still exist) might be prohibited by HIPAA laws. Certainly, though, interviews with surviving family members and friends should reveal useful facts (assuming that she had not been estranged from them).

The possible connection between the two is interesting.

We also do not know if Rosie was ever admitted to the hospital. We only know she was last seen there.

That opens up all sorts of possibilities, IMO. Routine tests, a job interview, meeting someone. I personally hate it when the limited information is left open to that much interpretation, but perhaps with the passage of time no one really knows now....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz
Back