GUILTY MO - Rowan Ford, 9, raped & murdered, Stella, 3 Nov 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry ya'll. This case just kills me! THEY CONFESSED! Who, in their right mind, would seek to suppress that fact? And evidence. What????

Little Rowan deserves justice. Both of these pigs should plead out and be done with it.

Collings's lawyer was in court yesterday asking to be able to submit records from his childhood. Apparently it was dysfunctional.:rolleyes: They're requesting the State turn over his records from when he was a kid.

http://www.ktts.com/news/112066594.html

RIP sweet girl.

Collings and Spears are and they both make me sick!

Lots of people have had dysfunctional homes.....some end up okay, others end up like little Rowan, and then others end up like these two. Please people...think of what you are laying on the doorstep of your children!

Chris and David,
You choose who to be in your life. You've made your choices, now own them. It's part of being a mature adult.

I just read about this case.. OMG that poor baby! :(

I think about Rowan every day. I hope those pigs get what's coming to them.

Some of the links about this case are now no longer useable. I don't see this article posted here anywhere. Hope it stays available. It's from November 1, 2010.

fran

http://www.ky3.com/news/ky3-stella-mo-girl-murdered-three-110110,0,5072834.column

Stella, MO girl murdered three years ago this week

She loved Hannah Montana, anything purple, and riding her bicycle.

More than anything she loved being with her classmates and teachers at Triway Elementary School in Stella.

Wednesday, November 3, marks the third anniversary of the death of that fourth grader, Rowan Ford, and the time of reckoning for her murderers is still not even on our radar.

Earlier this month, one of the two men accused of raping and strangling the nine-year-old, Chris Collings of Wheaton, turned his head in a Phelps County courtroom, as his videotaped confession was played in an effort to have it declared inadmissible. Two tapes were played, with Collings admitting to the rape and murder on the first tape and saying he acted alone in the second.

.......................................snip....................................................
................................................................................................

In one of my posts last year, I offered these thoughts on the Rowan Ford murder:

Rowan Ford was robbed over and over during her young life. She was deprived of her normal childhood, her innocence, and eventually, her life.

Meanwhile, the hourglass of justice continues to turn at a glacial pace, as the years pass since Rowan Ford, forever nine, was taken from us.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I was speaking to my mom who still lives in the area. She said she heard on the local (KOAM) news at 6 something about the death penalty being sought and also caught the tail end of hearing that this isn't the first underage child that Collings has had sexual contact with. WTH, but I did suspect it. Such Losers. I can't find anything on this. Has anyone else heard anything?

Finally found it!

http://www.koamtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=14053758

New revelations in the murder case of 9 year old Rowan Ford
Updated: Feb 17, 2011 6:42 PM CST

Nine year old Rowan Ford was killed in November 2007. Her body was found in a cave in McDonald County, Missouri a week after she was reported missing from her Stella home.

Rowan's step-father, David Spears, and his friend, Christopher Collings, are charged with the child's rape and murder.

Prosecutors say the men killed Rowan to cover up her abduction and rape.

On Thursday prosecutors filed information regarding circumstances that would allow a jury to recommend the death penalty. In the motion prosecutors allege Rowan was not Christopher Collings' only victim.

According to court documents Collings also engaged in inappropriate sexual behavior with another girl.

Trials for both men are set for this year.

Judges will allow alleged confessions in Collings and Spears murder trials of Rowan Ford.

<snips>

What Collings told Clark at the bridge and what Spears told Newton County Coroner Mark Bridges, as well as other alleged statements the two suspects made to investigators both before and after their arrests, have been the focus of motions to suppress filed by defense attorneys in the two cases being tried separately in Phelps and Pulaski counties on changes of venue from Barry County.

Judges in both cases overruled those motions to suppress this past week, deciding that investigators acted in legally appropriate fashion during their questionings of Collings and Spears and in reading their Miranda rights to them on certain occasions but not others.

more here

http://www.joplinglobe.com/local/x253819957/Judges-to-allow-confessions-in-Rowan-Ford-murder-trials

Thank you TM. Tough to talk out of both sides of your mouth-let's suppress the confessions but BTW my client(s) were abused as children and it should be taken into consideration.

Why? Neither of them knew right from wrong? They concealed the body, ergo...

BREAKING NEWS: Mistrial declared in Chris Collings case
Judge rules a mistrial in case of man accused in the rape and murder of nine-year-old Rowan Ford.
The trial of a southwest missouri man accused of raping and murdering a nine-year-old girl will not go ahead as scheduled on Monday.

http://www.ky3.com/news/ky3-colling...-chris-collings-case-20110423,0,2858679.story

Gosh, I'm tired of waiting on justice for little Rowan!!

This is so ridiculous! Why should this even go to trial? They confessed. End of story.

Poor little Rowan. Will she ever have justice?

http://www.ky3.com/news/ky3-story-c...e-mistrial-next-step-20110425,0,2715667.story
ROLLA, Mo. -- Prosecutors and defense attorneys will meet with Circuit Judge Mary Sheffield next week to try to decide how to get an unbiased jury for the trial of Chris Collings. He's one of two men charged for the rape and murder of 9-year-old Rowan Ford in November 2007. Sheffield declared a mistrial on Saturday after attorneys said they couldn't find enough unbiased or uninformed potential jurors.

Trial for Christopher L. Collings, 35, was to begin today after jury selection late last week in Phelps County. However, attorneys could not agree on a jury pool, and a mistrial was declared by Judge Mary Sheffield.

A change of venue was ordered following the mistrial declaration, but it is presently not known which county the proceedings will move to. The change of venue is the second one granted in the case, with the first being a move from Barry County to Phelps County. The trial is expected to last up to three weeks.

http://www.neoshodailynews.com/features/x1146475412/Judge-declares-mistrial-in-Rowan-Ford-case

This makes me sick that they are both planning a trial and pleading not guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels