GUILTY MO - Rowan Ford, 9, raped & murdered, Stella, 3 Nov 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to take us off track, but I had strong feelings about Boles. :banghead: In any case, here are some links from the closed thread:

I agree. Seems a little ironic that he would be the one who found her, and then his charges later.
MOO
Not to take us off track, but I had strong feelings about Boles. :banghead: In any case, here are some links from the closed thread:

ETA: I do believe Chris Collings confessed and I do believe it's a true confession. Having trouble finding it (still trying to be a great sleuth like some of you!) but didn't Spears confess, too? Something like he came upon Collings raping Rowan and he joined in? Then I read yesterday on one of the links that Collings is saying it was only him so he didn't know how Spears would know where she was. ???? Why is he trying to protect Spears?

From that link:

Chris Collings Trial Live Coverage, Day 8

5:06
Katie Barton: Judge has left to speak with attorneys off the record.
5:06
Katie Barton: Jurors have left for deliberation. Alternate jurors left separately.
5:04
Katie Barton: Judge is giving recess instruction to alternate jurors that will be held.
5:03
Katie Barton: Officers are swearing to take the jury to a private place for a private deliberation.

The defense is conceding the murder but doing a Hail Mary for state of mind, right? So are they hoping for a reduction from 1st degree to 2nd?

The defense is conceding the murder but doing a Hail Mary for state of mind, right? So are they hoping for a reduction from 1st degree to 2nd?

That's what it looks like at this point.

Hoping for a quick verdict.

ETA - why would the judge be speaking to the attorneys privately during deliberations? Is that normal? I'm wondering if they're discussing a deal.

I hope Mr Spears is sweating a little. Or a lot.

Me too. But I am concerned with regard to his confession. Why would Collings continue to insist he acted alone if that wasn't true? What could he possibly gain by protecting Spears?

:waitasec:

Me too. But I am concerned with regard to his confession. Why would Collings continue to insist he acted alone if that wasn't true? What could he possibly gain by protecting Spears?

:waitasec:
I've been wondering the same thing and could only come up with Collings trying to save one of them and he can't save himself. Kind of like I've seen when people get convicted of drugs and they try to take the hit all on their own to prove something. Loyalty?

:moo:

The jury is now deliberating whether Christopher LeRoy Collings will live or die for killing nine year-old Rowan Ford in November of 2007.

During closing arguments this afternoon, Elizabeth Bock, who is with the Missouri Attorney Generals Office, told jurors that they had heard a lot about drugs and alcohol playing a part in Ford's murder, but Collings, 37, wasn't impaired enough to not be able to drive around looking for a place to dump the fourth grader's body and that he was cognizant enough when he got back to his farm to burn he and the little girls clothing, and the mattress on which he raped her.

http://crimesceneinvestigations.blogspot.com/2012/03/jury-now-deliberating-collings-fate.html

GUILTY - first degree murder!

9:22
Katie Barton: This is Katie Barton live from the Phelps County Courthouse. Thank you for staying with us tonight. We will return tomorrow around 9:30 a.m.

9:17
Katie Barton: Tomorrow we will return for the penalty phase of the trial.
Katie Barton: The jury has left the courtroom.
9:16
Katie Barton: Attorneys are at the bench. Collings sits motionless. Several jurors are patting at tears in their eyes with tissues.
9:12
Katie Barton: Christopher Collings has been found guilty of murder in the first degree.
9:11
Katie Barton: The jury has entered the courtroom.

Maybe there will finally be some justice for Rowan.

GUILTY - first degree murder!

9:22
Katie Barton: This is Katie Barton live from the Phelps County Courthouse. Thank you for staying with us tonight. We will return tomorrow around 9:30 a.m.

Katie Barton: Tomorrow we will return for the penalty phase of the trial.
Katie Barton: The jury has left the courtroom.
9:16
Katie Barton: Attorneys are at the bench. Collings sits motionless. Several jurors are patting at tears in their eyes with tissues.
9:12
Katie Barton: Christopher Collings has been found guilty of murder in the first degree.
9:11
Katie Barton: The jury has entered the courtroom.
I was just reading this. The tears are rolling for Rowan, for her family, for all of those who cared about her, and for the jurors who had to be traumatized hearing and seeing what they have in this trial. May God bless you all.

MOO

As with all of those missing on here I didn't know Rowan, but I feel like I have read and watched so much on her life that I do know her.
These statements below are tearing me up. So heartbreaking for me, I can't imagine how her family and people that knew her and cared about her are able to keep breathing through this.

11:24
Marshall: I miss seeing her smiling face. She was one of those little girl that we all loved. Everybody loved her.

11:18
Marshall: There is a marker in remembrance of Rowan Ford and a concrete angel there as well.

11:16
Marshall: She had told me that purple was her favorite color.

11:16
Marshall: Her desk and school supplies sat in the classroom for awhile. They were removed three or four days after she was found.

11:14
Marshall: I remember that a few days before I noticed her hair was very tangled. I told her if she ever wanted help with her hair she could come in in the morning and I would help her. She came in that morning. I spent probably 20 or 30 minutes talking with her and fixing her hair.

11:12
Marshall: She was one of the poor students. Her dress reflected that.

http://www.ky3.com/news/kspr-live-bl...835346.special

2:24
The defense's witnesses are not here. They had arranged to travel in tonight. This day progressed much faster than they had anticipated.
2:21
Parsons: They did absolutely nothing, because they thought he was just joking around.
2:20
Defense: What did they do?
Parsons: Yes.
Defense: You testified about Collings doing inappropriate things? You told your mother and David Spears?
Parsons: I didn't like that Spears tried to treat me like his daughter. He would tell me what to do, wanted part of my paychecks.
2:19
Parsons: My mom and David Spears wanted about half my paycheck, about $100, before they would let me move out.

http://www.ky3.com/news/kspr-live-blog-christopher-collings-murder-trial-20120311,0,2835346.special

I hope I'm allowed to say this, if not then Mods I'm sorry and understand if you remove. Parsons, (can't remember her first name), from what I remember is a step sister to Rowan. I remember reading some of the things she wrote when all of this first came out. I can't recall now where I read it but think she and her then boyfriend were saying right after this happened that Spears was bothering her, trying to touch her and she told her mom and she did nothing. Maybe I'm confused, or maybe it was both of them (very likely, imo) but really wondering why anyone would laugh that off when a child comes to them saying that.

I also remember seeing where they lived on video early on and it was literally full of trash. I know here I go again, but I really don't know why DFS thinks that it's okay for kids to live like that. Ever. Surely they had visited the home as I also remember them having a case open on Rowan. Of course I think it's common practice where I live for DFS to give a heads up to parents that they're coming. To make an appointment. I find that the craziest way to monitor these families as it gives them time to clean up and put on a show so they might never see the real way any of these kids live. I wish they'd change their rules.

This is all such a mess and I'm sure now that the mom only wishes she would have listened. I'm not blaming her although I wish she and the home life Rowan and the other sister would have had would have been a much better one.
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members