MO - Sherrill Levitt, 47, Suzie Streeter, 19, & Stacy McCall, 18, Springfield, 7 June 1992 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been suggested before that they possibly entered witness protection, if so wouldn't there be records of them testifying at some trial prior to there entrance?
That is a common thing that pops up on these boards. If that were they case, the local authorities wouldn't be working on the case. The last thing you want is if someone is in the witness protection program for their pictures to be on network TV programs.

I’ve tried searching online but can’t find anywhere if the police actually confirmed two phone calls came to the house when JK said she was there. (not the caller’s identity but simply records of someone calling.) If not then it’s only her word, Possibly a red herring. It bothers me so much that JK essentially created, and has changed on TV the timeline. (7:30/ 9:30 when she started calling.) NO, I do NOT think she killed anyone, nor am I accusing anyone of anything. I simply think she knows something and her mother’s convenient alibi only fuels my suspicion. The fact that her mother and father accompanied her to the house the next day is also curious to me as they weren’t the best of friends with Sherrill or Suzie.

I first thought the girls didn’t make it home that night, and that Sherrill was only taken so the crime scene could be staged at the house. If something did happen at the parties Sherrill would ask questions/ know they went missing somewhere else. I now have some doubts about this theory, especially if Stacy’s blood/ footprint was truly found at the house, but still think someone who knew them is involved with luring them out. Why? That’s the age old question that’s haunted this case for almost thirty years. I do not believe in the Hospital theory at all, nor Cox, nor the porch lady sighting. I also believe the note of “using gas man as ruse” was another red herring someone wrote after seeing the original show. I also can’t understand why JK didn’t call Mrs. McCall immediately. With everything at the house it makes no sense to me.

On a separate post I mentioned a prank. If JK and friends were praking Suzie by calling before they could have said something was going down on graduation night. What if Stacy was originally in on the prank and went with SS so she could unlock the front door? JK saying someone called while she was there was a perfect way to draw attention to a mystery man. (yes, I am aware there was a man pranking the neighborhood at the time.) I find that even more convenient.

I’d also like to add that I was not even alive when these women went missing. I happen to stumble on this while reading missing person cases in 2014 and have never been able to forget it. I think about the women all the time and I have no clue as to why this case means so much to me. I suppose it’s because of how unfair it all is. Granted horrible things happen everyday, but Suzie and Stacy had their whole lives ahead of them and were celebrating a milestone in their lives.

I believe many locals are somewhat involved/ know something about this case, some of them with enough old money and influence to instill fear in possible whistleblowers.

I plan on traveling to Springfield in a few months with the attempts of befriending someone who was/ is close to JK and her friends. I believe without a shadow of a doubt that she knows something.

EDIT:
I would also like to add that I believe Sherrill parked in the carport thinking Suzie would not be home that evening, which offers a simple solution to their cars not being where they normally park.

Last edited:
The “People” program repeats this weekend in ID Investigations.

Having heard for the first time that the caller sounded “teenish” intrigued me greatly. It offers, in my opinion a clue who might have been involved. Not certain how many calls were received and the calls were erased according to reports I have read.

I believe one person was identified making “lewd “ calls but the “teenish” description was the first I can recall hearing about. I wonder if that was a different caller or the same person.

The “People” programs repeats this weekend in ID Investigations.

Having heard for the first time that the caller sounded “teenish” intrigued me greatly. It offers, in my opinion a clue who might have been involved. Not certain how many calls were received and the calls were erased according to reports I have read.

I believe one person was identified making “lewd “ calls but the “teenish” description was the first I can recall hearing about. I wonder if that was a different caller or the same person.

And if I’m to understand correctly the call was placed on NYE? Think about it. NYE- drinking- celebrating- heavily intoxicated - someone gets in their feelings and wants to do the right thing but gets scared at the last second. This case just has so many levels.

I’ve booked my hotel and requested off for a two week visit to Springfield over the summer. I’m an average male definitely lacking the skill and brainpower to solve this case; but I’m sure as hell going to give it all that I have. These women deserve justice and I thoroughly believe that while she did not commit the crime herself, I do believe that JK holds the one missing link.

And if I’m to understand correctly the call was placed on NYE? Think about it. NYE- drinking- celebrating- heavily intoxicated - someone gets in their feelings and wants to do the right thing but gets scared at the last second. This case just has so many levels.

I’ve booked my hotel and requested off for a two week visit to Springfield over the summer. I’m an average male definitely lacking the skill and brainpower to solve this case; but I’m sure as hell going to give it all that I have. These women deserve justice and I thoroughly believe that while she did not commit the crime herself, I do believe that JK holds the one missing link.
have you looked at who the cops successfully got multiple search warrants and grand jury subpoenas from an actual judge on? Worth checking..

I don’t want to add rumors, but could this be something as simple as a prank by the friends that went wrong? That quote by the detective saying he believed people were brought into this without fully knowing what would happen seems odd to me. Hear me out on this. Do we know if they received any prank calls prior to when JK said she received them at the Levitt house? Maybe a prank call said something would happen that night and that’s why Suzy’s stomach hurt. I still think there is a reason so many people went into that house and that’s to leave fingerprints and destroy evidence. Also, do we know if the police ever confirmed that the phone rang when JK was in the house? Again, only speculation, but I feel for these people. I hope I get to see this case solved in my lifetime.
I have always been confused about the spontaneous “cleaning party” that morning. On True Crime Daily (YouTube) Part 2 the narrator states friends and family start cleaning and making small repairs all to make sure the house is clean when Ms Sherrill returns. I am struggling with this.

Is it known whether there was a deadbolt or just a lock on the door handle
I cannot tell by the video online from TrueCrime but Stacys mom states the front door was unlocked. Now in one shot it appears there is a screen door and then the inside door which is a regular solid door but in later shots that is not clear.

Last edited:
I’ve tried searching online but can’t find anywhere if the police actually confirmed two phone calls came to the house when JK said she was there. (not the caller’s identity but simply records of someone calling.) If not then it’s only her word, Possibly a red herring. It bothers me so much that JK essentially created, and has changed on TV the timeline. (7:30/ 9:30 when she started calling.) NO, I do NOT think she killed anyone, nor am I accusing anyone of anything. I simply think she knows something and her mother’s convenient alibi only fuels my suspicion. The fact that her mother and father accompanied her to the house the next day is also curious to me as they weren’t the best of friends with Sherrill or Suzie.

I first thought the girls didn’t make it home that night, and that Sherrill was only taken so the crime scene could be staged at the house. If something did happen at the parties Sherrill would ask questions/ know they went missing somewhere else. I now have some doubts about this theory, especially if Stacy’s blood/ footprint was truly found at the house, but still think someone who knew them is involved with luring them out. Why? That’s the age old question that’s haunted this case for almost thirty years. I do not believe in the Hospital theory at all, nor Cox, nor the porch lady sighting. I also believe the note of “using gas man as ruse” was another red herring someone wrote after seeing the original show. I also can’t understand why JK didn’t call Mrs. McCall immediately. With everything at the house it makes no sense to me.

On a separate post I mentioned a prank. If JK and friends were praking Suzie by calling before they could have said something was going down on graduation night. What if Stacy was originally in on the prank and went with SS so she could unlock the front door? JK saying someone called while she was there was a perfect way to draw attention to a mystery man. (yes, I am aware there was a man pranking the neighborhood at the time.) I find that even more convenient.

I’d also like to add that I was not even alive when these women went missing. I happen to stumble on this while reading missing person cases in 2014 and have never been able to forget it. I think about the women all the time and I have no clue as to why this case means so much to me. I suppose it’s because of how unfair it all is. Granted horrible things happen everyday, but Suzie and Stacy had their whole lives ahead of them and were celebrating a milestone in their lives.

I believe many locals are somewhat involved/ know something about this case, some of them with enough old money and influence to instill fear in possible whistleblowers.

I plan on traveling to Springfield in a few months with the attempts of befriending someone who was/ is close to JK and her friends. I believe without a shadow of a doubt that she knows something.

EDIT:
I would also like to add that I believe Sherrill parked in the carport thinking Suzie would not be home that evening, which offers a simple solution to their cars not being where they normally park.
Oh that is a great point about Sherrill parking in the carport. Makes sense.

So what are we left with? Did Ms Sherrill have a guest in the house already thinking the young ladies had plans and would not be home? Did Mr Cox somehow gain entry by feigning car trouble and their lights are on and he further greases the wheels by admitting he works with Stacys dad?

I have always been confused about the spontaneous “cleaning party” that morning. On True Crime Daily (YouTube) Part 2 the narrator states friends and family start cleaning and making small repairs all to make sure the house is clean when Ms Sherrill returns. I am struggling with this.
I agree. In my entire lifetime, I've never heard of anyone going to make sure someone's house is clean when they return from vacation, hospital, or anything else. Also, were any of the people entering the house that morning involved with Sherill obtaining the chest of drawers? Since the chest of drawers may have still been moist from varnish, is it possible that a culprit's fingerprint, or DNA, may have ended up trapped in it? Who carried it in the house? Did it hit that outdoor light fixture while being carried?

I cannot tell by the video online from TrueCrime but Stacys mom states the front door was unlocked. Now in one shot it appears there is a screen door and then the inside door which is a regular solid door but in later shots that is not clear.
If you go to some of those real estate sites, they have photos posted of that house inside and out. They even show the backyard and an old outdoor shed. I wonder if that shed was there at the time of disappearance? If so, could anything be under it?

If you go to some of those real estate sites, they have photos posted of that house inside and out. They even show the backyard and an old outdoor shed. I wonder if that shed was there at the time of disappearance? If so, could anything be under it?
Ah I see that. Hmmm. I assume LE searched? Because how do you get them to leave the home and transport them? Are you leaning toward someone they knew and trusted?

Ah I see that. Hmmm. I assume LE searched? Because how do you get them to leave the home and transport them? Are you leaning toward someone they knew and trusted?
If the shed had a wooden floor, someone may be able to lean it with something like a car jack. Dig, then remove the jack. It would set back exactly where it had been. Just a thought. Possibly someone who knew the women and layout of the property.

It's been suggested before that they possibly entered witness protection, if so wouldn't there be records of them testifying at some trial prior to there entrance?

This is article is a question and answer one with Captain Glenn. There are other pages and probably a second article. I can post them too. This covers the witness protection theory. I would hope witness protection wouldn't leave the McCalls in the dark. Or let people be accused of murder.

Attachments

• QAglenn1clipping_36618603.pdf
    402.2 KB · Views: 26

If I may suggest ? You’ll have more success researching on casenet , then shaking down some one in spfd . And a lot safer .

I'm going to sound awful like I'm killing your dreams. You can contact whoever you want, that doesn't mean they owe you the truth or even a conversation. Have you reached out to people in the area so you aren't going in blind?

If I may suggest ? You’ll have more success researching on casenet , then shaking down some one in spfd . And a lot safer .
Casenet is limiting.. it’s a good start but you can get info from state, counties, and local PDs with shmoozing/asking the right people.....usually have to do it in person
Source:my own experience doing it with this case..

He could contact some officers on FB in a conversational way.
bottom line is no SPD, current or former, will divulge info about an active case (its not even cold).. they’ve been instructed not to do so by the chief and former to current DAs. Basic protocol

Asher, Webb, Neal, and Bookout (and any LE on 48 Hours, Crime Watch Daily, Disappeared, etc.) have only given cursory info that was already public knowledge...nothing that would hurt an active case. That’s why I know Asher is telling the truth.allen Neal one Disappeared is probably the most decorated detective to work this case...i say his word carries lots of weight....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members