MO - Six Mohler family members for child sex crimes, Bates City 2009 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Night all. Be back in the morning. It's snowing here in the Oregon hills.

I believe the victims 100% and so do the police and DA. I just get concerned once the defense attorneys get involved.

Is there any information regarding Jr's new wife? I discovered information that leads me to believe she has three young children. May be a reason the victim came forward at this time.

I stand corrected. I didn't realize his trial included evidence from the raid. Thank goodness he's being put away.

The state of TX is much criticized over the raid @ YFZ...but to me, it was all worth it if they get even some of the abusers behind bars.

As you said, some states have been trying to do it for decades!

And as far as the cousin showing up for court, IMO he could have done it just to see if he could find out what else LE had on the 5 that appeared in court....his gut was probably churning too...it's hard to believe he didn't know something -- if only a sense that something was just hinky about the family's ways.

I think we are sliding o/t here? I am a little confused...in the Lafayette County case referenced here, I thought they already found corroberating physical evidence such as a wedding dress, photos depicting child *advertiser censored*, marital aids etc...?

I believe the victims 100% and so do the police and DA. I just get concerned once the defense attorneys get involved.

Is there any information regarding Jr's new wife? I discovered information that leads me to believe she has three young children. May be a reason the victim came forward at this time.

How long have they been married, 4 months? I hope she gets her kids to a counselor- and fast!

Good Morning Everyone.

Thanks to all of you for making sure we were notified of the nitwit who posted the garbage on this thread. We do appreciate your efforts.

If this happens in the middle of the night do not hesitate to call me. Many of you have my number. Don't pause for a second. Call me!

One finale thing:
Please remember when we have a scumwad like we did last night posting junk PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE IT. This just causes more work for the mods.

OK, back to the discussion.

Love,
Tricia

Alumbaugh also said Friday that a search on the property formerly owned by family members had been completed and that he expected additional charges against the suspects.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091113/ap_on_re_us/us_family_sex_crimes

I know this guy can't speak about any evidence uncovered, but by his words, IMO, he's implying they DID find 'evidence' of the crimes from the search of the property.

"the property formerly owned by family members had been completed and that he expected additonal charges........"

Sounds 'specific' to me.

JMHO
fran

I think we are sliding o/t here? I am a little confused...in the Lafayette County case referenced here, I thought they already found corroberating physical evidence such as a wedding dress, photos depicting child *advertiser censored*, marital aids etc...?

Hey Believe - this information is actually from another case out of Oregon. The poster linked the press releases to show how similar some of the aspects of the case were to this case. The point being that often in cases like these, we see the same tactics being used.

So... so far, we have heard of no physical evidence being found.

HTH,

Salem

Believe09--Maybe I can clear up some confusion. I posted a link to several news stories about an Oregon case from 2006 which involved two parents and seven kids. Mom, Dad, and a 16 yr. old son are doing time in Oregon prisons for multiple rapes.

The reason I posted the info is that the family had recently moved here from Utah and were Mormon. Two children "marrying" their father in a wedding dress figured strongly into the guilty pleas. I was merely trying to point out that the "sham" or "mock" wedding idea prior to child rape is not unique to the Mohler case. The items found in the Oregon home were well documented. There was actually not much media coverage as the parents and eldest son pleaded guilty quite quickly. I knew a little bit more because I'm very involved in child welfare/adoption issues in this state and these kids happened to be adopted.

I believe Salem is correct, though, in that no hard evidence has been produced in this case. My original post is #152 is that helps. I'm sorry it got so convoluted. Our troll didn't help.

Alumbaugh also said Friday that a search on the property formerly owned by family members had been completed and that he expected additional charges against the suspects.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091113/ap_on_re_us/us_family_sex_crimes
Snipped from the article: Darrel Wayne Mohler said Thursday that he never had been close to his older brother and been "appalled by the allegations." He said he has a 16-year-old granddaughter "and that'd be like me messing with her, and the thought is repulsive. I'm glad I don't have that gene, God darn."

Is this a case of protesting too much?

I agree with MissIzzy that it's all in the details, and the probable cause statement against Darrel had details aplenty. If this alleged abuser turns out to be guilty, I think we can use his statement as a psychological learning tool. Are there any criminologists out there, who have experience in decoding this type of comment?

You're right, Pennydawn, an in-house criminologist would be mighty helpful.

I have to say that Darrel's comment about his grand-daughter (though, she's 16 and the two little girls were 5 and 6) is concerning. How many times do parents look at an innocent seeming child and they pop off with, "What? I didn't take any cookies", when we weren't even aware cookies were missing. Just a thought.

You're right, Pennydawn, an in-house criminologist would be mighty helpful.

I have to say that Merrill's comment about his grand-daughter (though, she's 16 and the two little girls were 5 and 6) is concerning. How many times do parents look at an innocent seeming child and they pop off with, "What? I didn't take any cookies", when we weren't even aware cookies were missing. Just a thought.

Missizzy, that comment was made by Darrel Mohler, not by Merrill, who is the cousin.

http://www.topix.net/forum/source/fox4kc/T9PFUFKS9DU4OT0S7/p25

I've slogged through all 25 pages of these comments and there are a few (very few) comments from people who say they know the victims. There's a comment on page 25 which says that her sons went to school with one of the victims and that the victim is telling the truth. It makes me so sad to know that some other people suspected or knew of this abuse but that no one did anything until now. I do agree with the theory that grandchildren are now part of the equation and what might be driving the disclosures.

On another issue, I'm not the best sleuther but I'm not a newbie either and I can't find much info on this family at all. Do you think that it's a possibility that the victims worked hard to conceal themselves before the case broke? Good for them, if they did. It looks like they might have closed MS and FB pages and dropped off the net. On some of the public MS accounts which I think might be connected, I see no discussion of this matter. If they did this, this will lend credence to the fact that they knew this case was going to be very big. Otherwise, I just don't think someone would have the foresight to see the world gearing up for research. Anybody else having more luck?

My apologies. I'm having a hard time with some of the men's names. I'll be more careful. Thank you for correcting that cleo612. I went back and corrected the post.

Snipped from the article: Darrel Wayne Mohler said Thursday that he never had been close to his older brother and been "appalled by the allegations." He said he has a 16-year-old granddaughter "and that'd be like me messing with her, and the thought is repulsive. I'm glad I don't have that gene, God darn."

Is this a case of protesting too much?

I agree with MissIzzy that it's all in the details, and the probable cause statement against Darrel had details aplenty. If this alleged abuser turns out to be guilty, I think we can use his statement as a psychological learning tool. Are there any criminologists out there, who have experience in decoding this type of comment?

I'm not a criminalist but from watching a number of cases, I guess you would say his statment was in the category of 'too much information.'

He was appalled.
He'd never been close to his brother
Hadn't seen him in years
He had a 16 yo granddaughter (so he couldn't do something like this)
He didn't have the same 'gene.'

IMO, he should have stopped with being 'appalled at the accusations' and left it at that. Seriously, he's talking like he KNOWS the allegations are true. This really isn't the type of reaction you get from family members when someone's arrested of a crime, UNLESS they KNOW it's true.

FWIW, I knew a family that one of their own was arrested for a 'horrible' crime. Even a family member who had nothing to do with the suspect because they didn't like them (get the drift), didn't talk like the person was guilty. They just said, 'they didn't know.' They did say they didn't normally associate with them, eventhough they lived in the same town, but that's all the statement they made.

JMHO
fran

PS...just OT, that person I knew the family was found guilty and is on DR. The family member I knew had to leave their home of more than 30 years because of the name recognition and being in a small town. The crime had reprucussions state wide, but they have been able to float into the background unnoticed. (sad, really, they had NOTHING to do with what happened but had to pay a heavy price, none the less)...fran

Hold up...Did I read somewhere that Darrel Mohler said he was aware of the goings-on in Missouri, but hadn't been there since the mid-80s? Does anyone else remember reading this?

If so, we have an alleged perpetrator admitting to having knowledge of the allegations, and putting himself in the vicinity at the time the crimes occurred. The probable cause statement against DM states March 86-March 87, which would mean the bulk of other charges, beginning in 88, came later.

I'm guessing the 5- and 6-year-old babies Darrel "allegedly" abused are older siblings of the first daughter to come forward, who would've been 3 at this time. In which case, allegations are certainly piling up.

Furthermore, the probable cause statement against the first round of perps states that the victim was forced to watch her father abuse her brother. It states that he would have been younger than 12 at the time, too, as he was younger than she.

Can someone more practiced here at WS bump the probable cause statements to this thread for reference please?

Any further word from Silverflower, who had knowledge of the family first hand?

On the request of Missouri officials, Marion County authorities went to Mohler's home in Silver Springs, Florida, and caught him just before he pulled into the driveway, according to a news release from the Marion County Sheriff's Office. He was subsequently arrested.

Mohler told police he "was aware of what was going on in Missouri," and that he had not been there since the 1980s, according to the sheriff's office. Source: http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/11/14/missouri.child.sexual.abuse/index.html

From NBC's report of Darrel's arrest:

"Darrel reportedly told deputies that he was aware of what was going on in Missouri and that he had not been in Missouri since the 80’s."

According to the Probable Cause document, the rapes occurred in 86-87. Hmmmm. I wonder if Mr. Mohler read the PC before he was picked up. That has to be a classic in "what not to say when you've just been arrested"!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uncommongrackle