GUILTY MO - Todd Barkau & Debra Palmer for child sex trafficking, Blue Springs, 2006

:shakehead: Another story that leaves me wondering... "Why are some people allowed to breed?" The female "it" should be sterilized before imprisoned for a very long time.

I'm guessing that if a child is forced into sexual servitude then she is a "sex slave" even if she is "trained" to dominate. So sad. Looks like Mom goes down in the record books for this first:

"Prosecutors said she is first person in the U.S. to be charged with federal trafficking in a case involving her own child, the Star reported."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,555165,00.html?test=latestnews

I just think she is the first one that got caught. I certainly don't feel she is the first so called mother to do something like this.

imo

I just think she is the first one that got caught. I certainly don't feel she is the first so called mother to do something like this.

imo
I think they are saying the first to be charged FEDERALLY as I know this isnt the first case Ive heard of a "Mother" pimping out her child FOR WHATEVER PURPOSE -as yes GXM regardless of if she was to be "submissive" or "dominate" its still slavery & abuse!

I still cant believe its the first ever Federal case though! I guess for it to be Federal they had to cross state lines???

I think they are saying the first to be charged FEDERALLY as I know this isnt the first case Ive heard of a "Mother" pimping out her child FOR WHATEVER PURPOSE -as yes GXM regardless of if she was to be "submissive" or "dominate" its still slavery & abuse!

I still cant believe its the first ever Federal case though! I guess for it to be Federal they had to cross state lines???

They were selling her online so I'm guessing not all of the buyers were local and sometimes they took her across state lines. It's so unbelievable that there are people who do this to their children. I wish I could wave a magic wand and make them all disappear.

These P'sOS should never be let out of prison.

I'm a little confused about why this sentencing took so long but I've checked and double checked the dates. This was posted yesterday and today. I'm unclear as to exactly when Barkau was finally locked up.

I hope the citizens of Missouri are listening to this brave young woman. Most assuredly victims are entitled to better care. It should be an entitlement in every state that sex abuse survivors has access to high quality therapy paid for by the state. It should be addressed in every conviction. For the the therapy to only last a prescribed time is heartless. There is no end to the victim's suffering--no timeline. Write your legislators and support your Crime Victims Advocacy groups, please.

http://www.kansascity.com/2010/07/2...ngs-man-sentenced.html?storylink=omni_popular

Former Blue Springs man sentenced in case of girl’s sexual servitude

She can never escape the memories of her stolen childhood. A lingering glance from a passing stranger incites waves of fear. The movie depiction of a typical teen girl reduces her to tears.

But for the first time on Tuesday, she escaped the oppressive dread that the man who prostituted her at the age 12 into a vile web of sexual servitude might never be punished.

She watched as Todd Barkau, formerly of Blue Springs, was sentenced to 25 years in federal prison. The woman’s mother was sentenced in May to 15 years for her role in allowing Barkau to train and market her daughter as a dominatrix.

In an interview with The Kansas City Star after Tuesday’s hearing, the woman, now 23 and married, was buoyed that such a miserable chapter in her life had finally ended...."

and

"Being involved in this case has given me a platform,” she said. “In the future I’d like to help people who have been a victim of this sort of thing. With the help I’ve been given, I’d like to give back.

“I think that would be a very good thing — to give hope to others.”

and

"....Obtaining help hasn’t always been easy, the woman said. She often has had to pay for expensive medical services and counseling out of her own pocket

“I’ve always thought there should be more funding for this,” she said. “It needs to be addressed.”

More at link

I'm worried about the teen. Trained at 12, working by 14, and made the leeches over 80K?

The article said The couple was ordered to forfeit the $80,000 the girl earned for them during that time, the Kansas City Star reported. I wonder who the money was forfeited to? The teen I hope - she's going to need it for therapy!

I hope she's under angel's wings right now, heading on a different path. If this is all she knows, it's going to take many years to steer her in a different directions.

As far as the convicted go - I don't even have the words (without being banned).

MOO

Mel

ETA: Sorry I wrote this before I read the most recent article. She's 23 now and married, working as a gas station attendant, and wants to work in law enforcement.

Thanks MissLizzy!

I pray that this girl gets some good mentoring TODAY and some counselling

This just makes my blood pressure go up. What a way to grow up. Poor kid.

UNITED STATES v. PALMER ( link )

UNITED STATES of America, Appellant/Cross–Appellee, v. Debra PALMER, Appellee/Cross–Appellant.

United States of America, Appellant/Cross–Appellee, v. Todd B. Barkau, Appellee/Cross–Appellant.

Nos. 10–2272, 10–2399, 10–2724, 10–2824.

-- July 01, 2011

Debra Palmer and Todd Barkau (collectively, defendants) operated an illicit bondage domination sadism masochism (BDSM) business. The defendants trained Palmer's 12–year–old daughter (child or victim) to become a dominatrix. When the child was 14 years old, defendants sold the girl's services to customers on the internet using webcam sessions and in-person sessions. After the defendants pled guilty to commercial sex trafficking of a child, the district court ordered the defendants to pay $200,000 in restitution to cover the child's future mental health expenses. The government appeals, and both defendants appeal. We affirm in part and reverse in part.

[...]

The child, now a young adult in need of treatment, spoke at the hearing and indicated she had attended counseling with state assistance but, having exhausted all available funding, was no longer able to pay the requisite $180 for each counseling session.3 The victim stated she “want[ed] to go to counseling more than anything, but [she] can't afford it.” The victim said she recently lost her job, explaining, “I feel unable to continue in that career track, or any track at all, for that matter, the main reason being that I have so many emotional issues that small situations in my job make me so overwhelmed with flashbacks that I'm unable to continue working.” The victim reported she suffers from depression, anxiety, flashbacks, paranoia, migraine headaches, and seizures. Crying, the victim lamented she lacked a family support system, in part, because her mother participated in her abuse. The child concluded, “[N]othing ․ is going to get any easier until I'm able to get some help.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
?Unicorn/Fkboi?
Back