MO woman sues cafe that throws rolls for throwing rolls

I bet she didn't leave that waiter matzo a tip. He was lucky if he got a pumpernickel.

At yeast no-one on this thread is afraid of their puns falling flat.

It would be a pita if we did not rise to the occasion!

But y'all are on such a roll?

She would have to show medical records to prove she suffered head and neck trauma. The idea that she threw a dinner roll at her self to severely damage her eyes is just ridiculous. And I think if she was looking for money, she would sue for more than $25k.

AFAIK it is not limited to one lawsuit per person for life. What if this person slid on a loose grape in the grocers and dislocated her hip or twisted an ankle? My bet is there'd be another lawsuit. I know a fool who has been hit by a car three times for the last three consecutive years. Always coming out of a parking lot. Poor fellow hasn't worked in years but he's back and forth to the east coast a couple of times a year. No, he's not getting rich but then neither am I due to having to be insured against con artists, paying taxes for people that feel they are ready to make babies even though they lack employment or a trust fund and of course paying for life and all it's joys and sorrows. JMO
Beware of people that can't read a sign-they're a specialty unto themselves.

I think it may hinge on whether she knew the place was known for tossing rolls. If she did, then did she assume a certain level of risk to her person or property by going there? Kind of like like someone going to a baseball game where they know balls will be thrown and hit. In that instance, you are entering a situation (assuming a certain risk) that may end with you getting hit by a flying object. Did this lady assume such a risk by going to this restaurant?

I go at least twice a year and it is a great place! ROTFL
[video=youtube;sfSiTSfaeGY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfSiTSfaeGY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfSiTSfaeGY[/video]

I think it may hinge on whether she knew the place was known for tossing rolls.
They have huge billboards ads for Lambert's in MO, Ill, KY, ARK, if she drove there she couldn't miss the ads.

I think it may hinge on whether she knew the place was known for tossing rolls. If she did, then did she assume a certain level of risk to her person or property by going there? Kind of like like someone going to a baseball game where they know balls will be thrown and hit. In that instance, you are entering a situation (assuming a certain risk) that may end with you getting hit by a flying object. Did this lady assume such a risk by going to this restaurant?

But even if she assumed a certain level of risk by going in I don't think she could have anticipated a scratched cornea.
Do they make you sign a waiver when you go? Maybe she knew they throw rolls (she must have, imo) and knew she might get hit by one, but who would expect to be hurt by a roll?

By the same token, if she didn't anticipate such an injury was possible, should the restaurant have?

Not being argumentative you understand, just trying to anticipate the positions that will be argued attorneys for either side :)

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

If the plantiff did suffer medical conditons, then she deserves to win. She is suing for $25k, not millions. The $25k will likely be used to pay medical bills, she's not going to be living it up for that amount. I don't understand why people always take the side of businesses and corporations.

Disagree, she put herself in that situation. Should I sue a horror house for mental trauma?

Disagree, she put herself in that situation. Should I sue a horror house for mental trauma?

Talk to your doctor and lawyer and see if you have a case!

People went after the woman who sued McDonald's too, because they couldn't believe she had a case. IMO she did the right thing. Oh yeah, and she won. :)

I do hope she has better luck than when I tried to sue "Grenade Lobbers' Bar and Grille" and "Molotov's Cocktails."

Talk to your doctor and lawyer and see if you have a case!

People went after the woman who sued McDonald's too, because they couldn't believe she had a case. IMO she did the right thing. Oh yeah, and she won. :)

That case was different. She was right, the temperature of the coffee was well above what was normal and regulated. She did not go into that McDonald's knowing she would buy scalding coffee that could give her 3rd degree burns.

Well I doubt she knew that she would come out of the roll shop with an eye injury either.

Hasn't the shop got insurance to settle the claims of the customers who suffer unpredictable injuries?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pechi_eupa
Back