Molested with the handle?

Which points to the garrote having been fashioned and (and probably also tied on JonBenet) outside the wine cellar door. After everything was done, she was then placed in the wine cellar where she would later be found.
Re the missing piece of the paintbrush: Theoretically, this piece could have been broken off long ago. Imo a small piece of birefringent material found in the vagina is too little evidence of a paintnbrush end having been jabbed into her. If it was a splinter, why then did'nt coroner meyer call it a wooden splinter? Wood itself is not birefringent. It could have been piece of chipped off varnish from the paintbrush, but wasn't he paintbrush made of unvarnished wood? http://www.acandyrose.com/garrote2.jpg

jmo

rashomon,
Which points to the garrote having been fashioned and (and probably also tied on JonBenet) outside the wine cellar door.
Although possible, I am moving away from this position since there is no evidence that JonBenet was there when the paintbrush was snapped.

Precisely what Coroner Meyer is referring to by birefringent material would be helpful to have clarified. I wonder if he would respond to an email since most of the information is public domain with Steve Thomas referring to it as a splinter and cellulose?

Which points to the garrote having been fashioned and (and probably also tied on JonBenet) outside the wine cellar door. After everything was done, she was then placed in the wine cellar where she would later be found.
Re the missing piece of the paintbrush: Theoretically, this piece could have been broken off long ago. Imo a small piece of birefringent material found in the vagina is too little evidence of a paintnbrush end having been jabbed into her. If it was a splinter, why then did'nt coroner meyer call it a wooden splinter? Wood itself is not birefringent. It could have been piece of chipped off varnish from the paintbrush, but wasn't he paintbrush made of unvarnished wood? http://www.acandyrose.com/garrote2.jpg

jmo

Rash, your take is the same as mine. The ambiguity in opinions is why I brought up the question.

Most fine-art brushes with wooden handles do have a lacquer coating and I can't really tell just by looking at the photos. Cyril Wecht said he thought the birefringent particle could be talcum powder. Also, there was some reason one of the questions asked of Patsy was whether she ever applied Desitin internally. Patsy's reply was no, she did not, it was external only.

I haven't seen anything that convinces me the birefringent particle and the paintbrush splinter are positively one and the same. It's stuff like this that always makes me wonder why I even keep trying to figure out what happened with this case since we on the Internet have no access to forensic evidence or all the evidence. I think the evidence is there to indicate beyond reasonable doubt who did this.

Why purposely snap the brush into two or more parts? It seems reasonable the brush could have broken if someone pulled the cord where the brush was attached. It also seems logical the ligature was applied at the cellar door, either as a cover-up or as a mercy killing.

It also seems Thomas's "corporal punishment" meant something. I can think of only a few things: a douche; or a cloth used to roughly wash her and a cloth-covered finger used to swab the vaginal area "clean;" or making JonBenet help clean up the mess she created by bed-wetting; or a combination of one or more of these things. Of course, this is speculation on my part. Regardless, Thomas never suggested the paintbrush was used as a sex toy on JonBenet.

I think the evidence suggests the Bloomies were in one of the Christmas gift packages kept in the basement in the lot of gifts Patsy opened and "peeked" at when she says she tried to determine what was in each package. I suspect it was here that a pair of panties was removed from one of those packages and put on JonBenet before she was strangled. The splinter and/or birefringent particle could have lodged while the over-sized Bloomies were being put on JonBenet. The urine staining came from postmortem release after the ligature strangulation. We don't know but can suspect the panties came before the strangulation.

I am still trying to decide the likeliest place for the head wound to have occurred. I can not find any crime-scene photos of JonBenet's bathroom, which suggests that scene is being saved for a trial (well ... supposedly ... sigh).

BOESP said:
I haven't seen anything that has convinces me the birefringent particle and the paintbrush splinter are positively one and the same. It's stuff like this that always makes me wonder why I even keep trying to figure out what happened with this case since we on the Internet have no access to forensic evidence or all the evidence. I think the evidence is there to indicate beyond reasonable doubt who did this.

I snipped your post because I want to respond to just this one paragraph, though I agree with the whole thing.

I get frustrated with the same thing. I wish we had access to the entire body of evidence. I can see why they can't make it all public domain, because of the "ongoing investigation" but I feel like those of us that still care about this case would have it cracked in no time!

Man. At least allow the Grand Jurors to speak, SOMETHING, ANYTHING! We need more information.

I snipped your post because I want to respond to just this one paragraph, though I agree with the whole thing.

I get frustrated with the same thing. I wish we had access to the entire body of evidence. I can see why they can't make it all public domain, because of the "ongoing investigation" but I feel like those of us that still care about this case would have it cracked in no time!

Man. At least allow the Grand Jurors to speak, SOMETHING, ANYTHING! We need more information.
Exactly!! Holding back information has NOT helped them to solve this case.

Exactly!! Holding back information has NOT helped them to solve this case.

It is not their desire in my opinion to solve the case. I have said this for years. As for the case, it is solved. It has however not been prosecuted. They are not working this case. DA Lacey made appearances cause I mean after all what could she do when that nut case Karr was paraded out (which I still believe was a horse and pony show) that was on our dime for no other reason than it was nearing the 10 year anniversary and nothing done. I have my own opinion on that whole Karr fiasco . And it had nothing to do with anything but trying to buy a little respectibility for Patsy so she would not have her own death covered as a murder suspect, Lacey even attended her funeral at her own expense. That is my private thoughts and my humble opinion. This investigation sits and waits for a hit with CODIS that will never come. This investigation has been dead since Hunter had his good run with it.. The same people are in power nothing ever changes.

Guys,
I have this posted on a thread, but for some reason, nobody seems to be replying to it...CK is the only one so far. SO, I am going to post it on a number of different threads, to make sure that it is read. Make your comments about it, on the thread that I started about it, though...if you don't mind. I found this very interesting....and I think that you will to.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

This little diddy was posted over at FFJ by the poster by the name of LITTLE. Little gave me permission to bring it over here, for you guys to read. ENJOY!!!

The Watcher
Saturday, August 25, 2007 The world according to theis old Lawdog http://chetbowen.pieksma.com
Silent Night - A Cry In The Night
By Chet Bowen | August 14, 2007 - 11:42 pm - Posted in Survival, The world, Uncategorized
Silent Night - A Cry In The Night

Some people have called this horrible travesty of justice The Perfect Crime. But in reality it’s a crime that investigators within Boulder City Police Dept. has conclusively made public who they know to be the killer of one JonBenet Ramsey. I haven’t been a fanatic on following the progress of this murder but have listened with keen interest to any updates that might shed some light as to what led up to the fate of JonBenet. The murder of JonBenet Ramsey shocked the nation to its core. It shook me to the core.

Lately I began researching enough data regarding the information available and from all accounts of what Det. Steve Thomas had started until his resignation out of disgust of the treachery and deceit within the district attorney’s office which was being run by Alex Hunter. It was through this murder that Det. Thomas had made the revelation and reality of how disheartning his profession had become and the corrupt nature of DA Alex Hunter who cared for nothing but his political agenda and plea bargaining with some of the most horrendous criminals one can almost imagine. Alex HUnter, after all the years he served as district attorney had not once sent anyone to prison with a single death sentence. His style was to plea bargain regardless of the crime. The JonBonet Ramsey case was a clear presentation of a monster who was just as bad the killer themself in that Hunter cared more about votes than punishing criminals for their deeds. Has anyone ever wondered why Hunter was so chumsy with the Ramsey family?

John Mark Karr was the only person arrested in connection to JonBenet’s murder and after being extradicted back from Bangkok the case against him quickly fell apart because his story didn’t match up with facts known about her murder. He stated that he had drugged and sexaully assaulted her when in fact the autopsy report dictated that she had not been sexually assault, though there was evidence of chronic sexual abuse. Also, his DNA did not match the DNA evidence recovered from JonBenet’s underwear at the murder scene. He also stated he had picked up JonBonet at school when in fact school was closed on Christmas Day.
In the interest of hoping justice would be served, Det. Thomas tolerated it, except for those closed door sessions when detectives protested in frustration and where detectives demanded that the right things be done. But the right things weren’t being down. Det. Thomas in his resignation letter stated that DA Alex Hunter made every effort possible to sway detectives to conduct their investigation based on the intruder theory, when in fact it wasn’t possible of an intruder to have come from the outside because of the weather conditions where fresh snow was on the ground and no footprints of any kind could be found outside. Where JonBonet’s body was found played a primary factor that there was no intruder.

I am myself certified as a document examiner and trained in detecting deceit within hand writing. This training became very useful in my conclusion of who the killer is. I was given the opportunity of analyzing a copy of the hand written statements of the Ramseys and it was concluded that the prime suspect in JonBonet’s murder was her own mother….Patsy Ramsey. I don’t think she murdered her with any fore thought or premeditation on her part but I do certainly believe this woman to be the one who killed her. There is strong suggestion that Mrs. Ramsey could have killed her out of momentary rage. JonBonet was known to wet the bed often and Mrs. Ramsey may have become very irritated after a long and trying day. It was noted in the autopsy that no laceration was present when her skull had been fractured. The only explanation of this kind of fracture would be typical of someone’s head being violently thrown against the smooth edge of a tub or toilet.

Could her 9 year old brother at the time could have killed her? It’s possible because it was known that JonBonet slept in the same room with Burke Ramsey often. He had motive because he was always put on the back burner for attention when JonBonet was given all the attention from Patsy and dear old dad was always gone on business.

Fleet Russell White was best friends with John Ramsey until after the murder. Mr. White was so convinced that the Ramsey’s were involved with her slaying that the last words he spoke to John Ramsey before they parted way was, “The next time I see you, I hope it’s in a court room.”

Innocent people were not “cleared”, publicly or otherwise, even when it was unmistakably the right thing to do, as reputations and lives were destroyed. Some in the district attorney’s office, to this day, pursue weak, defenseless, and innocent people in shameless tactics that one couldn’t believe more bizarre if it were made up. That very thing happens right here in Louisiana. I fear such tactics may have infected our judicial system throughout this great nation.

In conclusion without drawing this out into a long story, there is reliable information that can be gathered via the internet. Such resources include resignation letters from Det. Thomas and why he resigned, to the autopsy report on JonBenet. A word of caution. There are many web sites out there that differs from my own opinion and as such extreme caution should be excersized before concluding what you read is a fact. I only base my conclusion on 22 years of law enforcement and the training and available documents at the time I had in the opportunity to analyze documents submitted to me during initial training. All the document examiners that were present at the training facility where I was at in Baton Rouge came to the same conclusion as I, that one Patsy Ramsey was the killer, though she has since died from ovarian cancer.

Kind regards,
Capt. C. Bowen

This entry was posted on Tuesday, August 14th, 2007 at 11:42 pm and is filed under Survival, The world, Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

http://chetbowen.pieksma.com/?p=90

I've looked at that photo of the cord-wrapped paintbrush many times, and just looked at the link again. That is NOT a new brush! PR is once again lying- why would all her brushes be new? Believe me, as a former art major and teacher, you would have to paint the Sistine Chapel to wear out a good brush. They last for years and years!

I can't beleieve she even had a painting studio put in,in their Atlanta home.Looks like she would have been too upset to ever paint again.

I can't beleieve she even had a painting studio put in,in their Atlanta home.Looks like she would have been too upset to ever paint again.

Or hold a paintbrush!
But then again, didn't I read that she had pineapple wallpaper put up in her home after she moved back to Atlanta from Boulder?
While a child's death (especially MURDER) never leaves you, it's seems as if JBR's last night had completely left her mind. I'd be reminded every time I saw the word pineapple, saw it in a supermarket, smelled it, .....let alone put up wallpaper in my HOME where I'd see it all day, every day.
I actually thing that they began distancing themselves from JBR the night of the 26th, when they left her cold, stiff corpse UNDER THEIR CHRISTMAS TREE and never looked back. It's like they couldn't face her corpse until she looked "perfect" again- tiara, frilly pageant dress, blonde curls. After that coffin was lowered, that was that. A few graveside photo ops...I don't recall ever seeing JR or BR in a pensive graveside moment. And then they move all the way up to Charlevoix, leaving her behind. If that were me, I'd have her reburied near me, no matter where I lived. It was just so much easier for them to never have to deal with her again.

Or hold a paintbrush!
But then again, didn't I read that she had pineapple wallpaper put up in her home after she moved back to Atlanta from Boulder?
While a child's death (especially MURDER) never leaves you, it's seems as if JBR's last night had completely left her mind. I'd be reminded every time I saw the word pineapple, saw it in a supermarket, smelled it, .....let alone put up wallpaper in my HOME where I'd see it all day, every day.
I actually thing that they began distancing themselves from JBR the night of the 26th, when they left her cold, stiff corpse UNDER THEIR CHRISTMAS TREE and never looked back. It's like they couldn't face her corpse until she looked "perfect" again- tiara, frilly pageant dress, blonde curls. After that coffin was lowered, that was that. A few graveside photo ops...I don't recall ever seeing JR or BR in a pensive graveside moment. And then they move all the way up to Charlevoix, leaving her behind. If that were me, I'd have her reburied near me, no matter where I lived. It was just so much easier for them to never have to deal with her again.

:clap: Bravo...well said. I totally agree, with everything you posted. And YES..Patsy did have Pineapple wallpaper put up in her home, after JB died.

DeeDee,
That was a great post!!
The way you put everything leads me to believe that Patsy was certifiably NUTS!!

Very well said, and I agree DeeDee!

And yep, I do believe Patsy wasn't playing with a full deck either!
Too many very strange decisions and actions made on her part.

Patsy was not your average " loving mother ".

... I actually thing that they began distancing themselves from JBR the night of the 26th, when they left her cold, stiff corpse UNDER THEIR CHRISTMAS TREE and never looked back. It's like they couldn't face her corpse until she looked "perfect" again- tiara, frilly pageant dress, blonde curls. After that coffin was lowered, that was that. A few graveside photo ops...I don't recall ever seeing JR or BR in a pensive graveside moment. And then they move all the way up to Charlevoix, leaving her behind. If that were me, I'd have her reburied near me, no matter where I lived. It was just so much easier for them to never have to deal with her again.

I sure agree with the distancing, DeeDee. Their later actions also make it appear they justified that distancing by using religion and doing penance by talking about God all the time. :rolleyes:

I guess the one good thing we can say about the outcome is, maybe, the taxpayer didn't have to bear the costly burden of keeping someone imprisoned and living off the hard-earned tax dollars of peons. :slap:

Or hold a paintbrush!

..it reminds me of how some killers take an item from the victim or murder scene and keep it as a trophy,to remind them of it.

me too,well-said,all of it :)

You mean like the missing paintbrush piece?

I've considered that maybe the killer chose that paintbrush to use because it was already broken, and therefore perhaps more expendable than the other ones.

Did both broken ends appear to have been fresh breaks? Why would you break both ends off, leaving jagged edges?

When I go to grip a piece of wood to use it as some sort of handle, I definitely don't want jagged ends possibly giving me splinters...but then again, if one is so desperate that they have to strangle a child with a contraption like that, splinters are probably not a primary concern.

You mean like the missing paintbrush piece?

I mean it seems Patsy kept putting reminders,not of JB herself,but of her death around...like the pineapple wallppr in the kitchen,and even putting in a painting studio in their house.even if she hadn't killed her,and an intruder did,I find it amazing that she could have ever even thought about seeing a paintbrush again.why keep reminders of her death around? that is so odd.

I mean it seems Patsy kept putting reminders,not of JB herself,but of her death around...like the pineapple wallppr in the kitchen,and even putting in a painting studio in their house.even if she hadn't killed her,and an intruder did,I find it amazing that she couldn't have ever even thought about seeing a paintbrush again.why keep reminders of her death around? that is so odd.

I think Patsy was really good at denial and disassociation. I guess I can see the painting as therapeutic, and easier to mentally separate from her life with JB (even though they painted together) due to the release and comfort it could give her, but the choice of pineapple wallpaper just blows me away.

Everytime I see pineapple I think of JonBenet. I think Patsy was crazier than I ever gave her credit for.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back