Mom Makes Daughter Wear "Bad Behavior" Signs On Busy Street

yep you gotta take one day at a time with kids . and do your best . each thing for each kid works differently with them .some kids you dont need to go to far with as far as punishment some kids need a time out for a few hours cuz they just dont listen . period ..but ill tell you what when we kids didnt listen our mom gave us a swift kick in the arse so to speak .. that is what made us listen she didnt mess around with time outs and yada . frankly i think some of the old fashioned ways of disipline are better than this stuff they do now( as long as its not abusive) . some kids are getting out of hand when we were kids we didnt dare . lol well at least me and my sis and bro hehe.. this is my opinion only not meaning to offend anyone
I agree that each kid may need something different.
I raised 5 sons and they all had completely different personalities. What worked for one had no impact on another.
But standing on a street corner with a sign displaying their poor behavior just follows no logic to me.
My only point is that I would never choose this option, I typically go with logical consequences and I don't see this as one.

JMHO of course!

ETA: My parents never laid a hand on us and so I did the same with my kids. On a rare occasion my mom would pinch! But it was so rare, we knew we had way crossed the line. I was exactly the same and if I smacked one of my boys, man it sure got their attention because it was so rare. As I say, we learned how or how not to raise our kids from our parents. So, I can see why some would find this reasonable and some would not. Depends largely on our own upbringing IMO.

Good for that mom for being creative. I have a 15 soon to be 16 year old daughter and I know exactly how disrespectful and out of hand they can get. It's called dicipline and I applaud her choice to enforce some of it in such a creative way. The grounding doesn't always work and they can get so strong willed and mouthy to the point that it forces the parents to take some control back and show that the kids are not the ones that run the house! GOOD FOR HER!!!

I'd like to know how the mom "made" the kid do it. If the kid was that big of a problem, how did she get her to listen to this rule?

I'd like to know how the mom "made" the kid do it. If the kid was that big of a problem, how did she get her to listen to this rule?

Very good point! I can't even get my daughter to obey the grounding rules when she is not supposed to be on the phone or computer I have had to literally remove the tower out of her room and unhook it because she was non-compliant. Then I found out she still hooked it back up when we weren't home! They are stubborn buggers.

It's a great question. if she won't behave, why would she stand on the corner?

Very good point! I can't even get my daughter to obey the grounding rules when she is not supposed to be on the phone or computer I have had to literally remove the tower out of her room and unhook it because she was non-compliant. Then I found out she still hooked it back up when we weren't home! They are stubborn buggers.
I just took the keyboard when they couldn't use the computer.
I can say that when I gave my kids punishment, they all took it like men.

It must go with being a teenager. I have a friend whos daughter was the perfect child, no kidding PERFECT! All that changed when she was 14. Talk about Dr. Jekyll / Mr Hyde! She was at her wits end trying to figure out where she went wrong with her. Fortunately she calmed down at 19, finished HS and went on to college. Married with 2 kids now, and the perfect mother. So even the best parents can have problems with their kids that have nothing to do with their parenting skills.

I am not looking forward to those years!! I too watched good kids lose their minds at age 13/14. lol...Wait..I think I did too. *sneaks out*

Had a similar problem with my sons were in middle school. I kept getting calls from the school about them not getting homework in. I told them no video games or tv until it got done and after I got home from work. Well I told them, if I got ONE more call the video games are gone....well I got that call. I grabbed every game system, controllers, game disks, and threw it all in the trunk of my car. I told them it was all staying there until report cards came out. I still got another school call a week later! I called the cable company to disconnect the cable. They thought my reason was hilarious! Hehehe....I got a call at work from my son asking me if I forgot to pay the cable bill. Did I let loose on him! How would he know the cable was off when I told them NO tv! I threatened to have the electricity shut off if I got another call! I didn't get anymore calls from the school, ever. I have never made threats to my kids. They know I WILL do what I say....:D

I am not looking forward to those years!! I too watched good kids lose their minds at age 13/14. lol...Wait..I think I did too. *sneaks out*
I loved the teen years. I am on the other side and I look back on those years fondly. They put me through it, but it was still a great time. I had 4 teenagers at once and so now having only one teen is a slide on ice lol.

I loved the teen years. I am on the other side and I look back on those years fondly. They put me through it, but it was still a great time. I had 4 teenagers at once and so now having only one teen is a slide on ice lol.

Yea. One day I'm sure I'll say the same. But right now, I look at my angels...so well behaved...I can't even imagine a BOY calling my house. UGH! We homeschool, so maybe we can put that off a little longer than usual! (I'm dreaming)

Yea. One day I'm sure I'll say the same. But right now, I look at my angels...so well behaved...I can't even imagine a BOY calling my house. UGH! We homeschool, so maybe we can put that off a little longer than usual! (I'm dreaming)
I have all boys and I think that makes it easier. We never went through an "I hate you" stage. I think that is because they are boys.
Mine got into plenty of trouble, but they were never defiant if that makes sense. I'd lay out a punishment; they would try an obligatory "aww mom no"... and that would be it. Like I said, they did always take their punishment like men. We sure had plenty of punishments too lmao.:D

I agree that each kid may need something different.
I raised 5 sons and they all had completely different personalities. What worked for one had no impact on another.
But standing on a street corner with a sign displaying their poor behavior just follows no logic to me.
My only point is that I would never choose this option, I typically go with logical consequences and I don't see this as one.

JMHO of course!

ETA: My parents never laid a hand on us and so I did the same with my kids. On a rare occasion my mom would pinch! But it was so rare, we knew we had way crossed the line. I was exactly the same and if I smacked one of my boys, man it sure got their attention because it was so rare. As I say, we learned how or how not to raise our kids from our parents. So, I can see why some would find this reasonable and some would not. Depends largely on our own upbringing IMO.
yep when we disobeyed we got punished but my mom didnt smack us everytime basically she would do if she had to tell us more than 2 times she would warn.and explain her reasons for saying no . if we didnt listen then we got are arses kicked lol.. was our own faults for not listening to her warnings

yep when we disobeyed we got punished but my mom didnt smack us everytime basically she would do if she had to tell us more than 2 times she would warn.and explain her reasons for saying no . if we didnt listen then we got are arses kicked lol.. was our own faults for not listening to her warnings
hey if she was consistent and it worked ..then right on!

you know there is one time i am thankful i obeyed my parents cuz it literally saved my life. they allowed me to go out to a wedding dance with some friends and i had a curfew of midnight .well my friends wanted to continue on with partying and i had decided nah i better do what they say or ill be grounded or worse again .. about an hour after i got home ,my friends ran over to my house..all full of blood ,cuts and ect they had been next door and piled into my friends( he was drunker than a skunk) car went down the road aways and hit a tree . head on thankfully they werent going anymore than 30 to 40 miles an hour or so or it couldve been worse .. ill tell yas though i listened to my parents when it came to going out and partying after that night . it sure taught me a lesson .i remember my parents hugging me and saying how proud they were of me for listening to them . and how thanful they were i wasnt in the car .

you know there is one time i am thankful i obeyed my parents cuz it literally saved my life. they allowed me to go out to a wedding dance with some friends and i had a curfew of midnight .well my friends wanted to continue on with partying and i had decided nah i better do what they say or ill be grounded or worse again .. about an hour after i got home ,my friends ran over to my house..all full of blood ,cuts and ect they had been next door and piled into my friends( he was drunker than a skunk) car went down the road aways and hit a tree . head on thankfully they werent going anymore than 30 to 40 miles an hour or so or it couldve been worse .. ill tell yas though i listened to my parents when it came to going out and partying after that night . it sure taught me a lesson .i remember my parents hugging me and saying how proud they were of me for listening to them . and how thanful they were i wasnt in the car .
Boy that will set the tone for doing the right thing. Make sure you share that story with your kids. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crybaby6
Back