Mom sells teen's car after finding alcohol

Funny thing is everyone is already telling us how we should raise the kid...LOL I just smile and nod and know that I am the one who really in the end decide.
Advice from me;)....don't even listen to advice from people you didn't ask :D

No the moms, both his and mine mostly...LOL Imagine that. Plus most of some of the stuff they tell me is from like 30 years ago and doesnt even make sense. For example his mom says now remember the baby has to sleep on the belly. I tried to explain to her why he shouldnt but got no where.

Now you guys on the other hand have showed me through posts about your own children how to be a great parent. I really have gotten GREAT advice here.

Here's a link to Good Morning, America. Mom and son were on this morning: http://www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/NewYearNewYou/Story?id=4113886&page=1

nevermind, it is the right link. to the far right, mom and him are on together. and the kid is grinning like a freaking goofball.
while i haven't watch the whole segment, the kid should be ashamed of himself as well. he is underaged. i don't care if he says he wasn't drinking, he was involved in some major partying.... at the least. at the worse he was driving drunk... which is a true possibility! arrrrggg!!!
:banghead:
peeps make me mad nowadays!!! i would take the situation a little better if mom was sitting there grinning and the boy was sitting there with a ticked off look on his face... but i just don't understand? i mean... um? what is the whole point of this i guess? hehehe, my car got taken away? i guess i should just watch the freakin interview link and find out. :doh:

Regarding the interview where he's grinning in such a good natured way: i think he knows he got off lightly. i think he was up to something more which could have really got him into big trouble.

Pedi do you now agree with her selling the car?

No i just think that kids a freakin brat.

I still think she was over the top with her punishment... NEVER disagreed that punishment was needed (if you go back and looked) - just never did understand why everyone was so down on KC, when the usual treatment would have been parking the car and taking the keys -

I feel that this is why this story is making big news. If everyone else would have done this and thought of this, it wouldn't be on good morning american and making the papers.

Regarding the interview where he's grinning in such a good natured way: i think he knows he got off lightly. i think he was up to something more which could have really got him into big trouble.
Floh, you could be 100% right. Or he could not know how to react now that he knows the gig is up in front of all the views in america!! :rolleyes:

I still think she was over the top with her punishment... NEVER disagreed that punishment was needed (if you go back and looked) - just never did understand why everyone was so down on KC, when the usual treatment would have been parking the car and taking the keys -

I feel that this is why this story is making big news. If everyone else would have done this and thought of this, it wouldn't be on good morning american and making the papers.
I dont think stating our opinions were coming down on KC, If so it was not ment that way. I know you said you agreed something needed to happen was just asking if now you thought it was right.

Either way i think it is a great thing. Many awesome posters have begun telling me when it comes to punishing your children you have to get creative. I like the idea that she came up with.

Not down on KC at all. KC :blowkiss: really is a cutie (sp? oh gosh!!!) and was only expressing her opinion. all i was doing was expressing mine in that i genuinely believe mom was right in doing what she did. :)

and i must also say i appreciate you in that you thought she was being piled-on by people and so defended her opinion in what looked like a pile-on.

on this site it is my belief we are all good people. :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

I don't think it is any more unusual to sell the car than it is to park it and take the keys. I haven't read all of the links, but if she told him he had rules to abide by in order to keep the car and he broke them, then I totally agree with what she did by selling the car. What I do not agree with is the ad she placed, stating the reason why she was selling the car.

No the moms, both his and mine mostly...LOL Imagine that. Plus most of some of the stuff they tell me is from like 30 years ago and doesnt even make sense. For example his mom says now remember the baby has to sleep on the belly. I tried to explain to her why he shouldnt but got no where.

Now you guys on the other hand have showed me through posts about your own children how to be a great parent. I really have gotten GREAT advice here.

Indy how to care for a baby changes about every ten years..

With my 4 each time I was told something that contradicted what I was told the time before and mine are not far apart in age even!

You mention the sleeping thing but other topics I can recall were when to begin feeding ... or if it was Ok to give Rice cereal early on ...
One Dr said OK another said NO ... one said ok with a spoon another said in a bottle was fine ....
One Dr said a little sugar water is OK ... another ... A major NO!

The list could go on!
Bottom line listen to your peditrician and do what works for you and your baby within reason. Be confident and you will be fine :)

Thanks ammy My mom has already brought up feeding the baby cereal. I just told them that i will follow what ever my doc says

Thanks ammy My mom has already brought up feeding the baby cereal. I just told them that i will follow what ever my doc says

I think most peds now with say nothing but formula before 4 months.

My daughters ped said it was OK very early on (although she never got any until about 4 months because she seemed full enough and growing with formula only that was 18 years ago but 2 years later my sons said NOWAY...
The second ped however was not dealing with a very large baby who NEVER seemed full ... I mean never...
At two weeks he sure as heck did get rice cereal in his bottle and finally and until he ate baby food at about 5 months he was happy and content.
And unlike the worries that peds tell parents now ..... he is allerigic to NOTHING...

Maybe we should have a JR thread for this!! LOL

it depends... with the introduction of foods - including rice or baby foods. if your baby has reflux or whatever, the doc might have you start rice or cereal early. some of the old timers might tell you it is ok to start baby food earlier than 6 months if your baby is hungry frequently - but generally, in recent years the AAP (american academy of pediatrics) has begun to recommend nothing but breastmilk or formula before 6 months because it decreases the incidence of allergies to delay the introduction of foods. it allows the immune system to mature a bit before you start throwing more foods at it.
you can check out all their guidelines on their website (so its available to everyone) on the web.

those are the things that all pediatricians and certified PNP's follow (usually) - of course, it is no sub for someone looking at your baby and seeing him or her in their own practice. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
?Unicorn/Fkboi?
Back