Moms Say Geico Pig Commercial Promotes Bestiality

OMG, thanks everyone for making this thread hilarious! While I found the commercial distasteful, never in a million years would I have thought it promoted bestiality in any way.

The first thought that popped into my mind after reading the article was, well it looks like the children of 1 million moms will be asking important questions elsewhere if this is reflective of their mothers beliefs. A scary thought.

Cubby, I thought of that, too. By bringing attention to something that really is, IMO, non-existent in this commercial, it puts it in the forefront.

Instead of kids thinking it's an odd commercial, now they're learning what bestiality is. :what:

I am about the biggest UN prude you could ever meet, but I do find the pig commercial to be a bit disturbing. But, it bothers me that the dog, Brian, on Family Guy has had sex on the show with a human being.

I don't know what it is about it, but it just seems beyond my comfort zone. I'm not saying that the pig in the Geico commercials is going to get it on with the female human, but it just seems like this is one of Geico's weirder commercials.

:eek:hoh:

Obviously the one million moms need a new hobby.

This reminds me of the stupid "Tinky Winky is GAY!" horror of the late 90s. Tinky Winky, the purple Teletubby, carried a purse. Get it? he was PURPLE, and carried a PURSE, so it was obviously promoting that "gay agenda" to the children innocently watching the show??!!!

These are the same kind of people. Read too much into everything, see bogeymen everywhere.
OT, but
My daughter got the Telly Tubby PO, who seemed to say "F, F, (deragatory term for gay people x 2) bad mouth PO.", for Christmas one year. I was horrified when we got the batteries in and he started speaking. The day after Christmas, PO got a nice ride with the garbage men to his new home at our local WasteAll.

OK being serious for a moment.

I'm sorry if I'm being dumb. But...

The Geico pig isn't real.

The woman in the commercial is probably real, but the situation in the commercial isn't real. (See above regarding pig reality.)

Cartoon characters and puppets on TV aren't real.

Leda from Greek mythology wasn't real. (And oh my I wonder what the million moms would say about that story.)

Ted the bear from the eponymous movie isn't real.

IMO why get incensed about the behavior of any being who isn't real?

I just don't get it.

Do those moms who think this commercial is promoting bestiality really think their children view an animated pig--and/or a (fictional) woman who goes on a date with said pig--as a role model?

Oh no. I just thought of something.

What do the moms have to say about "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?"

Maybe that was okay because Roger and Jessica were married after all.

:floorlaugh:

I love the geico pig commercials, all of them, and for these ladies to come up with a "beastiality" connection I'd have to ask where their minds were prior to the commercial airing. It's not like the little piggy was going wee wee wee all the way home on her leg. Some people take stuff too seriously IMHO! :blushing:

Please don't let them watch Yogi and BooBoo heading off together with a pic-in-ic basket, hard to tell what they will do to the gay bear rights movement. :floorlaugh:

Oh my good bleepity bleep! I should have known it was the One Million Moms. These women are just rude and pointless. How about they actually do something good instead of wasting everyone's time with nonsense?!

Intellectuals solve problems, geniuses prevent them, One Million Mums create them out of nothing.

:eek:hoh:

Obviously the one million moms need a new hobby.

This reminds me of the stupid "Tinky Winky is GAY!" horror of the late 90s. Tinky Winky, the purple Teletubby, carried a purse. Get it? he was PURPLE, and carried a PURSE, so it was obviously promoting that "gay agenda" to the children innocently watching the show??!!!

These are the same kind of people. Read too much into everything, see bogeymen everywhere.

IIRC, it was the red Teletubby whatever his name was, and he sounded exactly like he was saying," F@ggot, f@ggot, bite my butt." I know because I worked at Wal~Mart and we checked him out-more than once and were all in agreement that that was what he was saying.

ETA- I might be wrong about the color-but not about what we perceived him as saying.

I am about the biggest UN prude you could ever meet, but I do find the pig commercial to be a bit disturbing. But, it bothers me that the dog, Brian, on Family Guy has had sex on the show with a human being.

I don't know what it is about it, but it just seems beyond my comfort zone. I'm not saying that the pig in the Geico commercials is going to get it on with the female human, but it just seems like this is one of Geico's weirder commercials.

No prude here, either, but this is exactly how I feel about the Geico commercial, too.

Well, I thought I'd lived long enough to have seen plenty, but obviously that is not the case. I liked the pig in the carpool, though thought it was kind of silly that a pig was coming home from school with the children. Oh well, no big deal. It was a COMMERCIAL, for heaven's sake.

The pig in the airplane commercial was also kind of silly, IMO, but again no big deal.

The pig in the car with the girl is REALLY silly, but I never thought of bestiality, just that it was kind of silly that a girl would be out on a date with a pig.

As someone has said, these women need to get a life.

[video=youtube;tMY7erxwJ-c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMY7erxwJ-c[/video]

so many bigger issues in the world than a commercial featuring a pig with human qualities.

SMH

I have to wonder if the Million Mom's would raise a stink about bestiality if a school held a spirit or reward event featuring a teach or the principal kissing a pig?

These ladies should really consider focusing on their lives and that of their kids rather than finding ridiculous (IMO) things to protest from day to day.

No, here is what I was referring to - and it was Fallwell (of course!) who "outed" Tinky Winky as a gay indoctrintor lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teletubbies#Tinky_Winky_controversy

I DO recall the talking Po also - we had all four, as my older kids loved them back then, and we also did a double take over what Po said when you squeezed the belly. I think it actually said "Fi-dit, Fi-dit", or another nonsense word, but yes it did sound very close to a slur. :what:

WTH! A dog on family guy had sex with a human? I only got that far in this thread. That show is banned in my home anyway but some kids do watch that program just because it's animated. The pig is just making fun of humans or getting more attention to the boring ad subject. Littld kids think literally and might not understand, but then might just wonder why a pig is driving and not even recognize the woman flirting.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cricketcms
Back