More Post-Release Movies About the Case in the Works

I've always noticed it. Usually the guilty person, if known, isn't running free enjoying money and fame. That is so bizarre.

In every single example I gave the people were free, and in some cases enjoying as much money and fame as any of the wm3. In Jack the Ripper's case, he was never even caught.

Just as there are still people who think the Guildford Four were guilty, and there are still people who continue a whispering campaign against Michael Crowe, there will always be people who persist in thinking that the wm3 are guilty. Luckily, they're not letting that hold them back.

They were convicted. They also pled guilty. Had they not murdered those boys the would probably be in jail for something else.

"They were convicted."

False convictions happen all the time.

"They pled [sic] guilty."

An Alford plea is not the "normal" guilty plea because the person entering the plea maintains innocence.

"Had they not murdered those boys the would probably be in jail for something else."

That's pure speculation and is not proof that they were guilty of these murders.

They were convicted. They also pled guilty.

Read Judge Laser's statement to the court. The convictions were vacated on the grounds that a hypothetical new jury would find reasonable doubt, and then replaced with Alford pleas to lesser charges, for which they were sentenced to time served. They've served it, so whether you think they're guilty or not, it might be time to move on now.

Had they not murdered those boys the would probably be in jail for something else.

So what? They're not in jail for something else, they've served the time the court sentenced them to, and are now free to get on with their lives. Other than people who are trying to get the case reinvestigated and the wm3 exonerated, I see no reason for any further discussion about the wm3.

As for the film currently in the pipeline - if you don't like the idea, don't watch it.

Im waiting for these movies to come out, just to see how they are going to go about. I was a "non" for a long time. Now, I just dont know. I go back and forth. But really, when in the hell does a person who is on DEATH ROW get off like that?? That is amazing to me that it happened like that.

I understand why the 3 wanted out of there now, and didnt want to wait for a trial, but on the other hand, after 18 1/2 yrs of claiming innocence, and fighting so hard for their name to be innocent, that they give it up like that.

I HATE HATE HATE when Jessie's name comes up, and then "with the mind of a 5-yr old" There is no way of that. My son is mentally retarded with the mind of a 5 yr old. Jessie is SO much more functional then my son. Why must they exaggerate that?

I hate the lies both sides came up with. I do not, and never did think it was Satanic killing. I hate how some of the parents acted after everything. I hate that Byers was accused and threw under the bus for 14 of those years after the murder, then over nite, it is changed to Terry Hobbs. I dont like either man, I dont know them, but I hate how that all came about. There was ALOT of evidence against JMB. And even Damiens lawyers have said over and over, what they have on Hobbs is nothing that would get him arrested. That the hair they found, was similar to Hobbs, but they couldnt prove without a doubt it was his. Pam, has gone back and forth about if she thinks Hobbs killed her child. She even spent Easter weekend with him and the rest of the family, and wrote to him that she was sorry for all that was said. I have a link of the pics and text she wrote to him, but I dont know if it is allowed since it is not media related. I feel really sorry for Pam. I think she is having so many people whispering in her ear, that she doesnt know who or what to believe. This case is so hard, and just scary.

I think discussion on this case is going to be ongoing for a long time. The nons and not nons are so against each other, and so mean to each other, that nothing can ever be discussed maturely or without some one getting hurt. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, and the things I said above are just my opinion. I think some people forget that we are all different with different minds.

Just to add, I should say about JMB that his evidence was circumstantial as well, but the circumstantial against him wasnt good either.

Contrary to what people think, circumstantial evidence is almost all evidence including DNA, fibres, blood stains, CCTV pics of the crime and almost every other type of evidence you can imagine. The only exceptions are direct evidence - eyewitnesses, and confessions.

IMO, circumstantial evidence is far more convincing than direct evidence. If you have a confession from one person, and then DNA turns up inside the victim which belongs to a known serial killer, I would go with the circumstantial evidence there and not the direct.

In short, its irrelevant whether the case against JMB, TH, or anybody else is circumstantial. That's just a smear word that people have picked up off the TV, in real life circumstantial evidence does not equal weak evidence.

The accusations against JMB weren't nonsense because they were "circumstantial", they were nonsense because they were based on extremely weak premises and virtually no positive evidence. The case against TH is alot stronger, but it is still too weak for me to say I think he's the real killer.

Personally, I don't think anyone should accuse anyone of this terrible, unspeakable crime, until its been investigated properly.

Personally, I don't think anyone should accuse anyone of this terrible, unspeakable crime, until its been investigated properly.

Ditto. I agree with you.

Read Judge Laser's statement to the court. The convictions were vacated on the grounds that a hypothetical new jury would find reasonable doubt, and then replaced with Alford pleas to lesser charges, for which they were sentenced to time served. They've served it, so whether you think they're guilty or not, it might be time to move on now....

As for the film currently in the pipeline - if you don't like the idea, don't watch it.

I will not do anything to add money to the coffers of the three murderers and their groupies.

I will not do anything to add money to the coffers of the three murderers and their groupies.

If you don't see the movie, then you won't know what it shows. You will only have other people's opinions on what it shows. Also, I seriously doubt that any of the innocent young men, their families or the families of the victims will see any substantial financial gain from movie goers. I'm sure that the film company paid them already. I doubt that they signed a contract that includes a share of the profits from the movie. As to the "groupies" to which you refer, I'm certain that they will not see any financial gain from the movie.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
B_Hazey
Back