Votes: 126 44.8%
  • Babysitter 1976-77

Votes: 11 3.9%
  • Original Night Stalker 1979-85

Votes: 63 22.4%
  • Another please explain

Votes: 21 7.5%

• Total voters
I actually remember Strangler, Stripper, Zodiac and Babysitter real time on the news.

Should Brooklyn's current mini-reign of terror continue, and should the case's possible numerical trappings (all addresses in the three slayings include the number '8') maintain its currency, the great tabloid nickname "Crazy 8 Killer" will enter the magical, mysterious, lexicon of the yet-unsolved, 21st century edition.

Yes, that one and the LI killer - whatever they're calling him these days.

I'm going with Greg Rogers because I had no idea about this guy until just a few nights ago. This guy is on death row for at least two murders. He's been charged with 5, but says there has been 70. Most jurisdiction dropped their case because they were sure Greg was the perpetrator, he was able to identify parts of the case that only the killer would know, and since he was already sentenced to two deaths there was no use to continue the cases. His brother had no idea he was a killer until he found a body in his family home. After much inner feelings about turning a family member in, because his father said you never turn on family, he couldn't let the demon his brother Greg had inherited become his, so he went to police and lead them to a state to state killing spree by his much loved brother. Greg is up for death in 2012. Now is this a way to keep him alive, I hope not just let him die with his demons.

I believe the ONS murders are now generally thought to run from 1975-86 with most of the activity concentrated in 1979-81.

Zodiac is the one I chose. He truly fit the description of the "boogey man".
Scary!

My second choice would be Texarkana Phantom and it doesn't have any votes yet.:waitasec:

My second choice would be Texarkana Phantom and it doesn't have any votes yet.:waitasec:

Anyone who's seen "The Town That Dreaded Sundown" would definitely vote for this as number one or two!!!

Colonial Parkway Killer.

I think I voted for another though. :) Zodiac Killer

The Killing Fields murders in League City, TX and others along the I-45 corridor

Is the 2011 film Texas Killing Fields based on or inspired by this case? If so, have you seen it and is it any good?

I also voted for Zodiac, but I've always had real problems with the Axman as the more versions you read there seem to be a lot of misinformation, such as previous murders in 1914 or so that never occurred and that the widow of one of the victims killed a man she said was the Axman, which never happened.

During that same time there were axe murders going on between Louisiana and Texas along the railroad where dozens of people were killed. They were mainly mulatto families. Some times 4-5 people, (men, women and children) at a time.

Then you have more ax murders in the Midwest around the same time including Villisca.

Then you have more ax murders in the Midwest around the same time including Villisca.

I know there was another mass ax murder either a few days before or after the Villisca murders within a couple hundred miles..

Yes, most of the Midwest ones (even Villisca by some) are blamed on Henry Lee Moore although he was never convicted of killing anyone other than his mother and grandmother. He was actually released from prison in the late 1940s and received a pardon sometime around 1955.

Henry Lee Moore was actually pardoned in 1956, after which, all trace of him was lost. He was born 1874 so we can safely say that he is long gone.

Anyone who's seen "The Town That Dreaded Sundown" would definitely vote for this as number one or two!!!

It's unashamedly low budget but it sets the standard for making a movie about an unsolved serial killer case.

Cleveland Torso Slayer.

Just the fact that not only did he never get caught, only TWO (three if you count possible victims) of his/her TWELVE (fifteen possible) victims were even identified.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back