Mother invoices boys parents for party no show

Wonder what was in that party sack lunch for 15 BP? Hmmm, water cress and? . If she had the :juggling: to bill for the sack lunch, why didn't she shove the party lunch in the kid's backpack for him or Mom to "enjoy"

Do you know what, the mother should have paid the money for the missed birthday (assuming she was paying for all the kids) and the father should have taken both boys to a roller skating rink or some other fun activity to make up for his son missing the day (and footed the bill), that way both boys stay friends and both parents end up paying similar amounts for fun activities, and happy faces all round.

Great idea MrsG! This is fixable and I can't think of a better solution than yours. :)

The wee gaffer went to Gramma's house instead of the birthday party. I say, let the parents duke it out in the alley. God bless the little boy. He's Gramma's best little darling. :)

The venue aren't happy about being dragged into this either:

https://www.facebook.com/PlymouthSnowsports/posts/905050106193910

As some of you may have already seen, the following article was published yesterday. We would like all our customers to know that this invoice has nothing to do with Plymouth Ski and Snowboard Centre. No invoices are ever sent out from the centre to private individuals. This is a disagreement between the two parents involved and the fact that the centre has been named on the invoice is fraudulent.
When booking a party there is a small deposit to pay on booking, confirmation of numbers and final balance are due 48hrs before the party. On the extremely rare occasion that people don't attend parents are generally offered other activities in compensation.

Plus, the party mom is arguing with the wrong people. Why did the party venue charge her 15 pounds for a sack lunch? I cannot see what other costs they were out by the kid not showing up. They were ripping off party mom and she is taking it out on the other family. lol

Well the party was at a ski and snowboard center, so would assume the cost covered admission and activities as well. Maybe it was a group thing (i.e. 15 guest minimum etc..)

Regardless if the mom throwing the party would be THAT devastated by one no-show she should have had them provide a phone number and then CONFIRMED the attendees a day before the party.

I don't think a guest should have to pay. I can see where receiving a rsvp and then someone not showing up would really be annoying. How did the dad every rsvp in the first place, did he not call a number? I just read the number was on the invite. I suppose they lost it. I think there is more to this story. I wonder who brought it to the news.

Bad form all round. I invited kids to my girl's parties and fully accepted that it was all on me. At 5, birthday parties were all about fun, games and cake plus the party bags that I made myself (cheap as chips) :partyguy: :balloon: :party:

The poor kids how upsetting and embarrassing this unnecessary drama is. I've sort if had this happen to me! I was invited to a birthday dinner but became sick that night so contacted the host and made my apologies. I received an angry email the next day demanding that I pay a portion of the dinner bill ($40) as they decided to split the bill as though I was present. I didn't know these people very well as I had just moved to the town..

The poor kids how upsetting and embarrassing this unnecessary drama is. I've sort if had this happen to me! I was invited to a birthday dinner but became sick that night so contacted the host and made my apologies. I received an angry email the next day demanding that I pay a portion of the dinner bill ($40) as they decided to split the bill as though I was present. I didn't know these people very well as I had just moved to the town..

OMG.......you may have not known them very well prior to the event but you sure got a fast lesson on whether or not you wanted/needed their brand of friendship afterwards!

that's just awful......hopefully you met nicer people in the area eventually

OH MY. Some parents are just plain nut-jobs. :nuts:

I worked in a school for years and it was never the kids who drove me batty. It was the freakin parents. :yes:

It is TACKY to expect the guests to pay. When I took kids to see a Disney movie when my kid was turning 6, WE PAID for the tickets and a popcorn. I didnt expect them to pay. When we took them to BuildABear, we paid for a basic bear. If they wanted more then 2 extras, it was on them.

But you don't throw a kids Bday party and expect the guests to pay.

BuildABear, Katy? Just wait until you get a BuildUsSummaDatIndoorPlumbing! I guarantee it'll change your life.

ugly or what.......

once again -- 2 wrongs not making it right

((but secretly am chuckling---asking for $$ for your kid's birthday gift? tacky))

I'm torn on the matter. On a practical (and environmental) level, having everyone chip in a small amount for a present the child wants has it's merits over receiving 30 pieces of tat that are likely to sit on the shelf. On the other hand, I do baulk slightly at what this teaches the children.

I mainly shared the article for the funny poll at the bottom, though.

I'm torn on the matter. On a practical (and environmental) level, having everyone chip in a small amount for a present the child wants has it's merits over receiving 30 pieces of tat that are likely to sit on the shelf. On the other hand, I do baulk slightly at what this teaches the children.

I mainly shared the article for the funny poll at the bottom, though.
Nope, sorry, just tacky! If you can't afford to get your child the present they want that's too bad. Noone else should be mandated to fund an extravagant gift.:snooty:

call me crazy, but I kinda like this. Manners and responsibilities - more people should be brought up with them, and they certainly are not teaching their little no show snowflake any. They RSVP'd yes. The Host put out her money her to cover their kid's expenses (which would have been at no cost to them if they showed up). They don't show because they were busy with something else - which they knew about in time to call and change their rsvp - but they don't call, and blow off the party and the host's money is wasted. The invoice certainly got the no show - no call parents attention, and they then post the invoice, with no shame apparently.

Ahh, the "venue" style birthday party. Beginning at the third birthday. My own DD insists this is what "everybody does nowadays". I asked if she recalls any of her own birthday parties. She does not. Is that good or bad, I wonder?

She seemed quite happy at the time with them. These birthday parties were held at our home, on a Saturday or a Sunday afternoon. The young attendees were brought by their parent/s. Sometimes if there was a longish travel distance involved, the parent/s stayed for the duration of the party. Or if the parents were particular friends of ours, they stayed. Grandmas and grandpas and aunts and uncles often would attend these parties.

The other moms in attendance assisted with the food, the games, and the kids. Any dads present quickly disappeared to a far away room - hopefully to watch a football game on TV. And drink beer. Tag-a-long brothers and sisters were not considered to be a problem.

Chips, pretzels, and soda pop was the standard in refreshments for children and adults in attendance. Some moms liked a bit of an alcoholic boost to their soda. Some popular games were "Drop the clothespin in the bottle", "Pin the tail on the donkey", "Guess the number of ____s in a jar", and the sure-to-get-rowdy "Musical Chairs". After all the games were played and all the presents opened (which they do not even do at today's venue parties since it "takes up too much of the allotted time") it was time for the cake. Everyone - young and old and even the dads - gathered 'round the lit candles to sing the "Happy Birthday" song. Then everybody filled up on birthday cake and ice cream.

And that was it. Until the next year.

If you throw ANY party, you bear the burden of the cost. Do not expect anyone to chip in ... Do not expect much! If you can't afford this "venue" party in its entirety, do not book it.

And crikey, don't be sending people "invoices" or "bills" for your party.
Please don't send me your "registry" gift suggestions.

ALL of that is tacky & cheap. ALL of it.

Guests are just that---guests. They are not your personal fundraiser!

Moo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mamabee1221
Back