Motion for George's Grand Jury Transcript MERGED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe there is only one reason that JB wants the tips. And he said it today after court during the press conference. He was asked why he wants GAs grand jury transcript. His answer? "Because the prosecution has it"
And that is the only reason he wants the tips-because the prosecution has them. I doubt he will follow up on any of them. He just wants EVERYTHING that the prosecution has!!!

Fair enough, but I am still confused as to why they thought that the GJ transcript fight was a good use of defense resources or time? For most of their other evidentiary or discovery requests, the judge will typically err on the side of giving it to the defense, just to avoid any appellate issues. But in the case of Grand Jury testimony the law is such that the judge will always, always, always! err on the side of keeping it sealed. It would need to be something spectacular to get those transcripts made available. (The SA has them simply because the SA is a participant in the GJ). So it was a pointless fight, for what can at best be thought of as virtually no possible gain. I mean really what would they get from the GJ transcript that they cannot get by simply ASKING GEORGE?!?!

Fair enough, but I am still confused as to why they thought that the GJ transcript fight was a good use of defense resources or time? For most of their other evidentiary or discovery requests, the judge will typically err on the side of giving it to the defense, just to avoid any appellate issues. But in the case of Grand Jury testimony the law is such that the judge will always, always, always! err on the side of keeping it sealed. It would need to be something spectacular to get those transcripts made available. (The SA has them simply because the SA is a participant in the GJ). So it was a pointless fight, for what can at best be thought of as virtually no possible gain. I mean really what would they get from the GJ transcript that they cannot get by simply ASKING GEORGE?!?!

Maybe CA won't let them ask George. I doubt he'd tell them what he said anyway. He's changed his story so many times, I doubt he remembers what the real truth is. The defense must be scared if they are so worried about what he said to the Grand Jury.

I am probably jumping into the lion's mouth here (picture visual of Little Bitty jumping) but if GA's grand jury testimony is inconsistent with any other depo/under oath utterance...that is important...the problem is that the defendent doesn't even have the right to be present at a GJ proceeding nor does the defendent's counsel...my question would be why allow that information to be shared? Sorry, all, usually I post a lot but this NH case has been getting my attention all day.

Seems like the SA did not find enough inconsistecy in GAs' GJ testimony to use it in this case or the defense would have been granted access to it as well.

Maybe CA won't let them ask George. I doubt he'd tell them what he said anyway. He's changed his story so many times, I doubt he remembers what the real truth is. The defense must be scared if they are so worried about what he said to the Grand Jury.

IIRC during his interview with LE/FBI (?) he carried around a notebook that kept his story straight...

I truly believe that ga answered truthfully whenever ca wasn't around....I do believe her presence makes the truth go away....jmo

As for the defense just wanting it....they can start doing depos....perhaps that is where they can get a glimmer of ??????? But then again I do believe the bus/train/plane is headed towards ga and he better duck and cover....it ain't gonna be pretty.....

I am sure that the defense can figure out just what GA said. He had to tell about the decomp and that he recognized the smell. He had to tell about the last time he saw Caylee. He (probably) had to tell about KC lying, arguing, the last blow out, etc... I would think being asked about the car and the smell, GA telling what it was like, was enough for the indictment. Anything else just compounds KC's ability to be the perp. Defense can figure that much out. Not as if GA was a forensic scientist with thousands of pages of research, he is a grieving grandfather and father. What else could he have said? Just what he said in the Yuri interview, that's it.

I mean really what would they get from the GJ transcript that they cannot get by simply ASKING GEORGE?!?!

--respectfully snipped

Exactly. Thanks for injecting some common sense & keeping it simple, faefrost.

And, I can assure you George remembers exactly what he said during that GJ testimony. It had to be excrutiatingly painful for him to testify to facts that were going to lead to an indictment of his own daughter. Who on earth could forget what they said when it is something so painful and crucial? His GJ testimony and the duct tape that he owned found on his granddaughter's skull haunt him every day, imo. I truly believe in the early days GA was sincere in wanting to find Caylee - dead or alive.

I am sure that the defense can figure out just what GA said. He had to tell about the decomp and that he recognized the smell. He had to tell about the last time he saw Caylee. He (probably) had to tell about KC lying, arguing, the last blow out, etc... I would think being asked about the car and the smell, GA telling what it was like, was enough for the indictment. Anything else just compounds KC's ability to be the perp. Defense can figure that much out. Not as if GA was a forensic scientist with thousands of pages of research, he is a grieving grandfather and father. What else could he have said? Just what he said in the Yuri interview, that's it.

BBM

What George said in the Yuri interview, was not the same as when the prosecution had their deposition with him. IMO GA said something about the tape on the gas can couldn't have been done by him,because it was too sloppy. I don't remember the rest of the deposition, but I remember thinking, what? you never said that before?

The only possible 'surprise" I can think of might involve the day he went to go into the trunk to get his tools. We know that there was something in the car. and we know that he was asked about that day many times. If he testified to the GJ that it was the laundry bag that he saw in the trunk (before Caylees remains were discovered in the laundry bag) that could be a huge deal now.

Actually that was ME in the background saying "No It Won't". I record those videos and post them at WS from my YouTube account. :crazy:

I must tell you Patty, I get such a giggle out of your incredulous heavy sighs that you make every now and then in the videos. They are always spot on, and remind me of Charlie Brown.....Good Grief....when something is just too far out there to be taken seriously. Thank you for all you do, and thank you for your narrative. View attachment 9442

View attachment 9443

I've been computerless this week and couldn't post the day of the hearing. One thing I did learn from watching InSession on June 2 was that in the state of Florida, a person may NOT speak about what they said to the Grand Jury.

Whoever said that also pointed out that this varies from state-to-state. For example, in New York, people CAN and DO divulge their testimony.

George could have told Cindy, but there's marital privilege and she can't testify to that. I sincerely hope that Baez & Co. do not ask because it's not legal to do so...

More than likely they haven't since they wanted a copy for themselves.

I've been computerless this week and couldn't post the day of the hearing. One thing I did learn from watching InSession on June 2 was that in the state of Florida, a person may NOT speak about what they said to the Grand Jury.

Whoever said that also pointed out that this varies from state-to-state. For example, in New York, people CAN and DO divulge their testimony.

George could have told Cindy, but there's marital privilege and she can't testify to that. I sincerely hope that Baez & Co. do not ask because it's not legal to do so...

More than likely they haven't since they wanted a copy for themselves.

BBm...or they did already ask and have a decent idea of what was testified to in the GJ and that is why they REALLY want it. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500