Motion for protective order to destroy videos of family visits

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sure understand why they would want videos destroyed.
after all on one of them CA is asking KC "you did not tell them" but we did not get what exactly she meant by that.

Sure CA dream on.....

In the http://www.wftv.com/pdf/20972696/detail.html Baez didn't sign page 2 of the motion but did sign the other pages. This might be all that is needed.

The interesting part of these signatures is in the wftv motion. Baez's signature on page 11 doesn't match the signature on page 3 and 47. :waitasec:

Regarding the orlando copy of the motion is interesting as there are only 3 pages where wftv has 47. Like you mentioned MM, there is no fax mark, no filing in the court etc., etc.

On my computer screen, I see a tint of blue ink in the orlando copy whereas the wftv copies are clearly in black ink.

My "hinky meter" goes off when I see stuff like this!

Patty, I just re-read your post, then went back and looked - you are right, Baez's sig IS different on page 11 !!! :waitasec: I have never seen him sign like that.

Lin, is OK for an attorney to authorize somebody else to sign their sig to a legal document? If that's what in fact did happen...

Patty, I just re-read your post, then went back and looked - you are right, Baez's sig IS different on page 11 !!! :waitasec: I have never seen him sign like that.

Lin, is OK for an attorney to authorize somebody else to sign their sig to a legal document? If that's what in fact did happen...

Whenever I have worked on pleadings filed by...say two attorneys in the same firm and one is not available to sign but both are attorneys of record, one would sign the others name with a "by" designation. In otherwords,
John Smith
by
Joe Schmoe

As a legal assistant, I have signed many documents in the same manner as JB's was handled on page 11. The attorney will say "go ahead and sign for me" or "have Atty. XYZ review this and then sign for me".

Common practice.

I sure understand why they would want videos destroyed.
after all on one of them CA is asking KC "you did not tell them" but we did not get what exactly she meant by that.

Sure CA dream on.....

Exactly- dream on. It's like CA at the end of that intv when she gets her knickers in a twist about having to swear its the truth. "Ohhhhh, I didn't realize that I should try to COMPLETELY leave out mis-truths...that changes things up. You realize I'm on no food, no sleep BLAH BLAH BLAH." :furious: She is so special---GRRR!

Do you know which tape or intv that is? --"you did not tell them"
I'm trying to place it. Do you mean the first phone call from jail when CA said something about not knowing Casey's involvement (sweetie) bc you're not telling us what happened?

Just curious. :waitasec: I've been out of the loop for a while - just getting sucked back in. :banghead:

Exactly- dream on. It's like CA at the end of that intv when she gets her knickers in a twist about having to swear its the truth. "Ohhhhh, I didn't realize that I should try to COMPLETELY leave out mis-truths...that changes things up. You realize I'm on no food, no sleep BLAH BLAH BLAH." :furious: She is so special---GRRR!

I'm trying to place it. Do you mean the first phone call from jail when CA said something about not knowing Casey's involvement (sweetie) bc you're not telling us what happened?

NONE of this looks good for any of them.
so I can see why the "A"s would want it cut out. :croc:

Just curious. :waitasec: I've been out of the loop for a while - just getting sucked back in. :banghead:

During the "A"s first jail visit, CA on tape caught saying" Sweetie, you did not tell the" and KC said "No Mom"
That is the way I remember it.
At another time, KC has a fit with her parents I think CA said something and KC said "you do not know what I go through here" as if to say This is only about me, I do not give a chit what you are going through.

Legally though, Baez did not sign the motion, but I think like Lin says, it's no big deal - if the issue is raised, they just refile. it just shows incompetence. :)

Blue ink/Black ink - WFTV's is a copy from the Clerk's office - Sentinel's must be a scan of an original. It was nice of WFTV to provide us the full motion, whereas the Sentinel didn't.

Some people might be busy signing "notarized" documents and backdating other files and just can't be bothered. Maybe JB needs a signature stamp.

I actually think it was Casey who said it and it was more along the lines of Don't worry I didn't tell them...will have to chase that down...:waitasec:

I actually think it was Casey who said it and it was more along the lines of Don't worry I didn't tell them...will have to chase that down...:waitasec:

You're correct. The video started with Casey explaining she was talking with one of the doctors. Cindy told Casey, "We forgive anything you've said." Casey responded, "I haven't said anything. <giggle, giggle> Don't worry."

I'm still amazed at how cheerful and giddy Casey is in this video...not a care in the world :furious: What a sick, twisted piece of sh%t!!!!

You're correct. The video started with Casey explaining she was talking with one of the doctors. Cindy told Casey, "We forgive anything you've said." Casey responded, "I haven't said anything. <giggle, giggle> Don't worry."

I'm still amazed at how cheerful and giddy Casey is in this video...not a care in the world :furious: What a sick, twisted piece of sh%t!!!!

Oh, yes- I remember that now. It was super painfully obvious that Casey was too cheerful in greeting her parents (who were devastated) and she used the "hey DJ" pause in order to evaluate and adjust to the situation by adjusting the volume.

Don't know how I didn't remember these statements made about jail visits.

http://archives.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0808/14/ng.01.html

8/14/08

PIERCE: Well, they were going in to visit Casey, and the media was swarming them on their way in. They did get to go in and have the visit, which actually has been unusual in recent days because she`s been turning them away. And why she decided to see them and what they said is actually going to remain a mystery for a little while because the video visitation won`t be released until the lead detective in the case, Detective Gary Mallic (ph), says so. He gets to take a look at them first.

LOUIS BOLDEN, REPORTER, CNN AFFILIATE WKMG: Well, that`s a good question, why now? You know the family is not telling us what those jailhouse visits are like. And there is an investigation exemption to that conversation. And basically, what that means is that the lead investigator has to clear that video visitation to be released to the public.

The A's cant keep their mouths shut. It is called the Sunshine Law. That's all I have to say about that (Forest Gump)!!!!!!!!!

Don't know how I didn't remember these statements made about jail visits.

http://archives.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0808/14/ng.01.html

8/14/08

PIERCE: Well, they were going in to visit Casey, and the media was swarming them on their way in. They did get to go in and have the visit, which actually has been unusual in recent days because she`s been turning them away. And why she decided to see them and what they said is actually going to remain a mystery for a little while because the video visitation won`t be released until the lead detective in the case, Detective Gary Mallic (ph), says so. He gets to take a look at them first.

LOUIS BOLDEN, REPORTER, CNN AFFILIATE WKMG: Well, that`s a good question, why now? You know the family is not telling us what those jailhouse visits are like. And there is an investigation exemption to that conversation. And basically, what that means is that the lead investigator has to clear that video visitation to be released to the public.
Wasn't this about the time they were negotiating with Padilla to bail her out?

Wasn't this about the time they were negotiating with Padilla to bail her out?

Yes indeed. http://www.wftv.com/news/17202561/detail.html

Kind of squashes the "We'll get her out of jail to talk and we'll find that baby." assertion huh??

"We'll have people with her 24/7. It has a lot to do with a lot of things," Leonard Padilla told Eyewitness News by phone on Friday (raw interview). "One is investment. Another is the fact that the more you know someone, the more you trust them."

As in investment in future media deal????

The part I don't quite get is that the defense has not requested (in the Motion) that the jail visit audios be "sealed". They only request that all past videos be destroyed (ridiculous because they are already out in the media in a multitude of copies), and they request that any future visits not be recorded at all (not recorded -- then sealed from public publication).
It seems to me that the Motion is asking for special treatment of their client, and it will not be granted.
I do not understand why the Defense has not specifically asked that the videos be sealed?
It is my opinion that the Defense does not want to lose complete control of what their client says to her family and vice versa, and be put in the position of having to do damage control, after the fact, and on a public stage.

IIRC he already asked the judge to stop her from being filmed. He was denied because the judge had no jurisdiction over what the jail did. Basically Baez is trying to change Florida law and doing it the wrong way. You would think the man understood "the law" but apparently he has no clue. How he ever passed the Bar is beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona