Motion In Limine To Exclude Mental Health Experts

I just assumed that she meant they were in Italy temporarily since she said they were "now in Italy", (like, on a trip or something).

Anyway, they probably didn't pursue it because they could see there was no point. They were evasive during the interviews and just wanted to talk about how the OCSO was out to get KC.

From what was on Geraldo (Patty G's link in news today), I understood BC to say that the defense can still get their story in about ICA being abused without actually putting ICA on the stand through good cross examinations of witnesses to whom ICA had told her stories of abuse.

Would this be considered hearsay? With all of ICA's lies, how would the DT be able to claim that this was the only one truth she told? Is this where GA will come in?

How would the SA be able to counter that testimony if mental experts are not allowed? Would the DFCA report help?

I thought that only the prosecutions could introduce this type of hearsay? Isn't the defense is barred from doing so because they can introduce direct testimony from the defendant? :banghead:

I'm confused. Yesterday the 2 mental health experts were added to the state's witness list.
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6397408&postcount=300"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - List of Motions **NO DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE**[/ame]
Wasn't the whole point of the motion in limine to exclude the mental health experts to keep them from testifying? During the last hearing it was a huge bone of contention .
And now apparently the state has put them on their witness list?:waitasec:
What is going on? Isn't there a risk of them speaking of the very issues that they earlier wanted to keep them quiet about?
This came as quite a surprise to me and I am very curious how this is going to work given that they filed a motion to keep them off the defense witness list.

I'm confused. Yesterday the 2 mental health experts were added to the state's witness list.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - List of Motions **NO DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE**
Wasn't the whole point of the motion in limine to exclude the mental health experts to keep them from testifying? During the last hearing it was a huge bone of contention .
What is going on? Isn't there a risk of them speaking of the very issues that they earlier wanted to keep them quiet about?
This came as quite a surprise to me and I am very curious how this is going to work given that they filed a motion to keep them off the defense witness list.

Go to the lawyers questions thread, it is explained by AZ so well. Several of us asked about this so you would better understand if you go review that than me trying to relay it. :)

I just assumed that she meant they were in Italy temporarily since she said they were "now in Italy", (like, on a trip or something).

Anyway, they probably didn't pursue it because they could see there was no point. They were evasive during the interviews and just wanted to talk about how the OCSO was out to get KC.

I always took it to mean they moved there. I suppose I assumed that because Casey's stories are always so outlandish and everyone else that mattered didn't have a phone number or address and moved out of the state of Florida making them so elusive for LE and family to contact. :crazy:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - List of Motions **NO DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE**

Here is what I think happened.

These doctors visited with Casey several months ago but found nothing the defense could work with (as Baez learned).

Baez, however, kept this under the belt, BUT continued to "insuinuate" they had something to offer during off the record conversations with SA concerning an offer of a plea agreement under accident scenario. Baez was attempting to be a good poker player and attempting to bluff...

As trial loomed closer, Baez knew he couldn't let these guys be deposed, so he removed them from the defense list, thinking this would prevent SA from finding out what the experts "findings" were...Baez thought he could "cover his bluff" that didn't work?

But JA "one upped him".....placed them on the state witness list and deposed them anyway!

Poor, poor Baez....still learning lessons the hard way! :great:

I believe, since the defense renewed their motion to include these MHE, the State did the same..but again, this would be hearsay for they only 'read' her interviews with police, they didn't actually speak with her directly...as His Honor asked Baez, what would be the exception to the hearsay rule??? I don't believe Baez had that answser...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Here is what I think happened.

These doctors visited with Casey several months ago but found nothing the defense could work with (as Baez learned).

Baez, however, kept this under the belt, BUT continued to "insuinuate" they had something to offer during off the record conversations with SA concerning an offer of a plea agreement under accident scenario. Baez was attempting to be a good poker player and attempting to bluff...

As trial loomed closer, Baez knew he couldn't let these guys be deposed, so he removed them from the defense list, thinking this would prevent SA from finding out what the experts "findings" were...Baez thought he could "cover his bluff" that didn't work?

But JA "one upped him".....placed them on the state witness list and deposed them anyway!

Poor, poor Baez....still learning lessons the hard way! :great:

Good theory. Could you post this on the lawyers thread and run it by AZ? I'd love to see what she thinks.

I'm trying to sort out what happened with this issue and if I understand it correctly.

The DT filed a motion to have these 2 mental health experts added to the defense witness list. The state filed a motion to keep them off of it. During the hearing there was a lot of private discussion about it but essentially in answer to the judge's questions didn't JB say they would testify to her frame of mind and an issue of PTSD? Didn't the state respond immediately in that hearing saying the experts said they did not make any diagnosis of PTSD? As I understand it JB was not able to get around the issue of heresay and in the end removed them from the witness list.
Now yesterday we find that the state has added them to the witness list. Which boggles my mind since they worked to keep them off of it.
Do I have it right? Or have I misunderstood and gotten the facts wrong on this. Just trying to put this together, its a tricky one.

WOW. Thank you, this is fascinating. So Casey is just a normal,thieving, lying, coldhearted, spiteful young lady, no 'mental health disorders' to be found. Sounds accurate to me.

BBM. Not necessarily. IMO this is like the forensic experts that were working pro bono so because he's such an empathetic guy, JB didn't require them to generate reports. None of those experts are around now and neither are the mental health experts. :floorlaugh:
JMO but people with no mental health disorders don't kill their toddlers. ICA's a head case for sure, but then so is everyone else at Lowell. JB wants her sickness to be unique and it isn't, it's run of the mill.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back